ThreeZero 1/6 TMNT Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parcelforce tell me that mine are with customs awaiting clearance into the UK. Not sure why the tracking doesn't match that.

Mine are in store but just in time for Chinese New Year... So I'm waiting for a week ....

I am really liking the way these came out. I think you guys just cost me a grand.:thwak
Always been a classic turtles fan, but the cool factor is off the chains with these.

these look like they turned out great, here's hoping they do the new movie.

I personally liked the designs from the movie. The movie was what ever but when I saw the protos, I knew i had to get these guys. In my relatively large collection of people, these are such a great change. They are not perfect but hands down the nicest critters in my collection. They pose well for being this design. The mix media is fantastic. Paint is descent. Just a great presence on the shelf. If you remotely like the designs, I think you'll enjoys these guys.
SrYiqFu.jpg

These do look Great Robbie - still waiting 4 mine and no change with tracking for the past 6 days - did threezero mark yours down as gift and low value ?

Just wondering if I get hit with fee,s or not ,as I caint understand the hold up because all other packages from china sales through with no prob,s at all-!!!!

I called Parcelforce this morning and the girl on the phone took my tracking number and said she would get back to me after getting in touch with Coventry. She said sometimes things can get misplaced or left to the side and can get stuck in the main depo, I'm sure that makes everyone feel great knowing this. Was told I'd hear back by the end of the day and have heard nothing, tracking still says the same ****ing thing it has since ****ing Tuesday night!!!:mad:

Not a happy guy at all right now, first time ever having any kind of problem with Parcelforce.

Sounds like there are at least 3 of us in the same boat so surely can't all be the same? I suppose that said all of them could be sat on the same pallet.

Below is the discussion I had with Parcelforce.

"Hi Andy, this parcel is currently awaiting Customs clearance into the UK. - Jonny"

"How come tracking doesn't show as being handed to customs?"

"It rarely does for Chinese import parcels as there are that many Customs seem to have a delay in updating the status.- Jonny"

I'm gonna call ******** on parcels from China not having updated tracking. I've had parcels from Hong Kong come through fine with regularly updated tracking info. I really can't think of any good and logical reason why we are stuck waiting without even a solid reason. Parcelforce are usually great and even if they had been taken for a customs check it would of said so and we would have had them by now, as customs only take a couple days, not a bloody week.

These do look Great Robbie - still waiting 4 mine and no change with tracking for the past 6 days - did threezero mark yours down as gift and low value ?

Just wondering if I get hit with fee,s or not ,as I caint understand the hold up because all other packages from china sales through with no prob,s at all-!!!!

Thanks. I didn't check and I already ditched the shipper. I don't think we have import taxes here in the US. Sorry.

I am ordering from Sideshow. The expected ship date has now changed from this month to Mar - Apr. Raph and Don are now Apr. - May.

I don't understand the lack of updates, done a fair bit of reading up on this today and whilst customs delays are mentioned I've not seen anyone in this situation. Going to press Parcelforce a bit harder tomorrow unless there is an update overnight.

My set arrived today (after a failed deliver attempt Saturday) and I am super happy I went all in on all 4 turtles now. The overall quality to dollars I spent ratio on these is pretty surprising. I had somewhat lower expectations after getting their Dead Space 3 Issac & Mass Effect Shepard figures. Both good figures but neither really all that stand out in any way. To me, Mikey & Leo represent a huge step up from Threezero. You can already tell from the in-hand photos popping up that the detail on these is incredible - from the sculpting to the paint/weathering to the excellent usage of mixed media/soft goods.

One thing nobody seems to be commenting on is the surprising range of motion in the joints. I expected very little in that area and was surprised just how much movement I get out of the hips especially. That joint in particular was a pleasant surprise. The elbows are like a combination of recent Hot Toys attempts of rubber covered arms. There are clicky similar to Metal Gear Raiden (but nowhere where the joints where so stiff it broke the arm) and Arkham City Batman where the rubber had enough give to where you could get a reasonably deep bend (though like any rubber arms you probably wouldn't wanna leave them like this for too long). The big thing that surprised me with the arms is that there is also a rotation to the shoulder whats hard to describe (functions like a bicep cut on other figures) that is fictionally a lot better than the rotation at the elbow you'd see on figures like Raiden (or the old Dutch hot toys body). The neck as a really nice setup where its ball jointed at the top where the head connects as well as where the neck connects to the shoulders (and the rubber covering doesn't restrict movement at all) and it gives that fun dynamic range you see in human 1/6 figures that I wasn't expecting from these (and for these you'd get a lot more out of that joint just because makes more sense for the turtles to have a bit more dramatic head posing). Also wasn't expecting there to be the equivalent of an ab crunch either - it blends into the body or is covered up really well. It was unclear in the promo shots but thankfully, they also totally have ball jointed ankles which are super firm too - so a base isn't really necessary (though the bootleg Hot Toys stands I'm using work pretty well for them too).

Another bit of shock was just how massive these figures really are. The boxes they are packed in are easily the biggest 1/6 boxes I've ever handled, so the shipper that the set of both of these is packed in is surprisingly large. Originally I had some crazy idea that I would be able to squeeze all 4 into one detolf shelf and with how big Raph is going to be I think that is probably off the table at this point. That said, they look really good the 2 of them on a shelf together.

So for those of you still waiting on yours to arrive, the wait is worth it. They totally live up to expectations (and in mine far surpass them). Now the coming months of pining for Raph and Donnie is going to be even more rough.

thank you for such a detailed review!
lots of photos are welcome as well :)

Parcelforce update for UK guys.

Assure me that they are with Customs who are the ones who have not scanned to update the tracking. I asked if they had any clue of timescales and was told anything from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks depending on what is written on the documentation and of how much interest the items are to Customs.

Smart money is on some kind of error on the paperwork but they seem to have made it to the US with no issues. The fact that Customs don't appear to have even scanned them into their system is concerning.

Parcelforce update for UK guys.

Assure me that they are with Customs who are the ones who have not scanned to update the tracking. I asked if they had any clue of timescales and was told anything from a couple of hours to a couple of weeks depending on what is written on the documentation and of how much interest the items are to Customs.

Smart money is on some kind of error on the paperwork but they seem to have made it to the US with no issues. The fact that Customs don't appear to have even scanned them into their system is concerning.

I rang them yesterday and got no response back, rang them again today and was called back with ten minutes. The guy told me basically the same thing. He said they could be released today on end of the week, as costums are a speedster department. Strange and indeed very worrying that they have not been scanned and updated on their end. Also makes me fearful of what customs are doing to them as I've heard to many horror stories about people getting broken/damaged times after customs have had a go. Plus if you try to make a complaint about danger items you get nowhere with the buggers.

I really I'm scared that we might end up receiving a box of lovely expensive turtle parts :crying::pray:

Sadly I don't think so. As it's still parcelforce so your still gonna talk to the same people and be told the same things. This is a first for me and I'm not enjoying it. I really hope it gets released and delivered by weeks end. The only thing to do is wait now, or badger them everyday you don't have you parcel and hope that gets them moving. I can't think on why it would take a week to check something. The more I think about it the more worried I get about what they could be doing to it :/

Doesn't make sense mate, if they were currently tinkering with them they'd surely have beem scanned before so. Seems more likely that they are sat in a pile waiting to be looked at.

Back