Threezero 1/6 Rick Grimes - Official AMC Walking Dead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I will pick up Merle, but I will get Rick. Really hoping we at least get Daryl, Michonne, Carol, Glenn, Maggie and Carl from this line.

Carol from season 5

Maybe a future Maggie now that she has shorter hair or any other season, not too fussed.

Carl since he has lost his eye.

Glenn for last couple of seasons

Current Michonne

Daryl is already in the works, so that version will suffice.

I just got the BBTS arriving "within 10 days" email notice.

update: ....the status change in a handful of hours. It's now in-stock.

Not My photos.... But from FB just for close up detail DSC01975.jpgDSC01979.jpg

Anyone got this in a detolf yet? I'd love to see it with some lighting on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, finally got my Rick from SSC, and wow. Not in a good way. The stock body is complete, utter ****. The exposed neck joint was horrible as many know, so I was going to do a simple neck swap. Well NOPE. The neck was too thick for the space for the joint. So it had to be a complete body swap after all.
But it doesn't stop there. Threezero I guess likes to be different. Their ankle joints are smaller than those of a standard HT True Type. So the normal ankle joints were too big to fit in the sockets in the boots. So I had to mod the legs to thicken them up to fit snug in the boot without ankle pins.

Then of course since the ankle pins were different, why stop there, Threezero's wrist pegs are also too small for a standard HT True, so I had to swap those out as well.

I really love the feel of the coat, but I had to glue down the collar. The belt is made of rubber. I expect that will deteriorate over time. Fun.
Likeness is there in angles but then not in others. I plan on adding real hair to this sculpt, which I'm hoping will help. But if that fails I'll likely pick up the Dam Toys Rick Sculpt.

So overall I'd give is a 5-6/10 stock, with the mods and tlc it can be a solid 7/8.

This is my first Threezero figure. Next is Pinhead and I have some serious concerns.

IMG_20161026_112925.jpg
IMG_20161026_113121.jpg
IMG_20161026_113155.jpg
IMG_20161026_113306.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Uhh. :monkey4

Thanks for the heads up, Rzeznikk. (Your mods look great, by the way.) I was planning on a full body swap, but even that sounds like it'll be a pain. Come on, ThreeZero, it's one of the biggest shows in the world. Put in a little more effort.

Ok, finally got my Rick from SSC, and wow. Not in a good way. The stock body is complete, utter ****. The exposed neck joint was horrible as many know, so I was going to do a simple neck swap. Well NOPE. The neck was too thick for the space for the joint. So it had to be a complete body swap after all.
But it doesn't stop there. Threezero I guess likes to be different. Their ankle joints are smaller than those of a standard HT True Type. So the normal ankle joints were too big to fit in the sockets in the boots. So I had to mod the legs to thicken them up to fit snug in the boot without ankle pins.

Then of course since the ankle pins were different, why stop there, Threezero's wrist pegs are also too small for a standard HT True, so I had to swap those out as well.

I really love the feel of the coat, but I had to glue down the collar. The belt is made of rubber. I expect that will deteriorate over time. Fun.
Likeness is there in angles but then not in others. I plan on adding real hair to this sculpt, which I'm hoping will help. But if that fails I'll likely pick up the Dam Toys Rick Sculpt.

So overall I'd give is a 5-6/10 stock, with the mods and tlc it can be a solid 7/8.

This is my first Threezero figure. Next is Pinhead and I have some serious concerns.

View attachment 301106
View attachment 301107
View attachment 301108
View attachment 301109

Looks great man! What body did you use?

Uhh. :monkey4

Thanks for the heads up, Rzeznikk. (Your mods look great, by the way.) I was planning on a full body swap, but even that sounds like it'll be a pain. Come on, ThreeZero, it's one of the biggest shows in the world. Put in a little more effort.
Thanks. Yeah I'm surprised at how underwhelmed I was with this thing. And I'm usually pretty easily pleased.
Looks great man! What body did you use?

It's a standard HT True Type with a sculpted neck I had laying around.

20161026_140016.jpg
Close up. After waiting more than a year after preordering It definitely should have been better.

The camera has to charge...

But, first impressions:

I really like the sculpt. Paintwork looks top notch.

Then you realize that his neck is too short, so he looks like a hunchback. I found a longer neck that fits - don't know where it came from - maybe a TT Slim?

The jacket's too short. In photos you can see it hanging further below his belt. And is also too light in colour. The T-shirt is hard to futz because it seems to be designed for a bigger body.

The police belt is cheap and nasty, which was plainly evident from earlier photos. It's that horrible soft rubber that makes closing the flaps on the pouches almost impossible.

The rifle is a cheap solid mould , something I'd expect from Action Man in the 1970s. I've removed the Python from the holster as I expect there will be a reaction from the rubber that will eventually start melting the revolver.

Jeans, boots and machete look good.

However, he was a budget release, and I think there's enough to work with. It's worth it for that sculpt and all the parts - they just need to be futzed on a bulkier body.

Cheers man! I think a full body swap is a must with this guy. Looking forward to getting mine :)

Back