Threezero 1/6 Rick Grimes - Official AMC Walking Dead Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see everyone's point but like it or not, Hot Toys is the undisputed champ. Many companies are stepping up but none have knocked them out of their square yet...yet.

Lots of companies do good figures but none do good to great to awesome figures as consistently as Hot Toys.

This Rick looks good, not great. ThreeZero is producing some good stuff but some of their execution is still pretty raw with their licensed figures.

With Threezero I haven't had to swap a head sculpt yet. With HT... It's a different story.

I don't think HT could do justice to any of the licenses Threezero has, so I'm glad they're in the hands of a smaller boutique producer.

HT is just as hit and miss as everyone else, they just produce much higher volumes. Their biggest asset, IMO is their factory, which is tuned to deliver something quite close to prototype and in a very speedy fashion. They've got mass-production dialed in.

Anyway, I think the biggest waste of time in this hobby is comparing one producer to another, especially with different subject matter. Completely unnecessary to determine whether you like a product or not, and usually just a sign of extreme insecurity. Every figure from every company could always be better, there are absolutely no exceptions.

I'll be getting this one at retail - the only thing that matters to me and to Threezero.

Last edited:
I don't know when I last saw a poorly showcased figure than Jessie pinkman! Even this Rick is ok! I mean it's not stellar. I am buying it but in all honesty it's not a class A product!
I personally don't support any group - I support my hard earned dollars - however I am yet to see anyone produce the consistency That hot toys honors from release to release. That's all I am saying. I will Be proud of three zero if they will (ever) do half a dx13 ever! Half of a enter bay Leon , half of Bruce lee dx, half of Marty! Half of Leonidas! And many other unquestionable releases
Bottom line there will always be likeness (perception issues) in any release - but over all head to toe, packaging, accessories, clothing and the whole nine yards - I am yet to see anyone come to hot toys level.
I am no hot toys fan boy!
I in fact think someone just beat hot toys in a one off battle "zcwo mr bean" they out performed hot toys and put them to shame! / In every regard / with that release! Sheer brilliance!
But other manufacturers are a distant 9 and 10 on this race with many a blank spots ahead of them! I am not saying zcwo is the best / probably most average of the lot but all I am saying is that miracles are done by each company / but consistently over and over like hot toys - three zero has a long way to go.... And then some!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

That Enterbay Leon was one of my long-time wanted figures, but every detailed review showed that it was a really mixed bag, a bit of a hot mess in terms of fit and finish. Maybe one day I'll grab a complete figure to judge it in hand.

you shld pick it up. it was enterbays most defining figure. it did have a lil bit of a 'tall neck' feel but i can promise you... sculpt accuracy, weathering effect on shoes, paint app, outfit, his harness, the wrench he carries, milk packets, plant, loads of guns, the gun box in leather like finish, his glasses, all through and through it is one of the best 1/6 releases ever! if a figure has 100 things and people dont like a certain hat...i dont think that makes so much of an issue. There has not been a more loaded release from any toy company yet, barring a few hot toys dx

That Enterbay Leon was one of my long-time wanted figures, but every detailed review showed that it was a really mixed bag, a bit of a hot mess in terms of fit and finish. Maybe one day I'll grab a complete figure to judge it in hand.

I'll just flex order with a monthly code sometime within the next year. No way will it ship this summer, Threezero can't even make a quarterly release window.

HT doesn't have the time to deal with tv shows on top of everything else they're producing.

Threezero are producing figures at a decent price point and I'm fine with that. HT Walking Dead figures would be over $200 each and they just wouldn't have the time to go into much depth.

I just hope Threezero are able to produce as many of the regular characters as they can.

Pedophiles would buy that naked girl zombie holding the teddybear. It's not about the nakedness but the special body they've developed just for her...

HT does human sculpts and fine details better. At their best HT makes some excellent figures.. Look at Stan Lee. No desire to have it but the details and sculpt are fantastic. Nothing I've seen from Threezero so far makes me think they could do anywhere close to that. Their Heisenberg looks great, but Shepard as a whole looks terrible.

The turtles look pretty good, but I'm only talking human figures.

Back