Action Figure Threezero 1:6 Bioshock: Big Daddy and Little Sister collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then TurdFurgusonsHat says:
Looks great in that video, I'm pretty excited to get this again!

Deadpool_jlp:
Holy crap, so glad I kept my po. Thing looks amazing! Will definitely grab Delta as well.

V-Raptor:
It looks very good indeed. I'd like to see its' body inside, how well it's engineered.
Like the shiny wet effects. Like how they executed glasses on head.
Want to buy.

Let's get into this loop again!!!! \o/

I dunno....he looks a little underscaled to me...dangit

Not my pic
D33BAAED-D9BB-438B-96E8-B686866EB7A7.jpeg

He already looks small next to HT female figures...I fear he will only look smaller next to a male figure. He will look tiny next to say...a Predator.

I do want to see more pics though. Next to various figures without stands. There could be various distortions going on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just opened mine up. Yes, he is a bit too short. However, he is still pretty massive. His proportions are much larger than most of my figures.

I have a set of small shelves that hold two HT figures each (such as Arkham Knight and Batman). I set aside one shelf in anticipation of this set. But he isn't even close to fitting because he is so wide. So while Big Daddy's height isn't perfect, this still very impressive set and I don't regret my purchase at all. In fact, I will definitely be picking up Delta now.

With that said, I could see how it would bother some collectors. Especially if they were planning on displaying him next to figures that highlight his scale. Threezero may have chosen this size for practical reasons (it is hard to imagine him larger) or maybe this is just one of those times were "1/6 scale" was misinterpreted as "12 inch scale."

Anyway, I hope more people are happy with their purchase than disappointed.

Just opened mine up. Yes, he is a bit too short. However, he is still pretty massive. His proportions are much larger than most of my figures.

I have a set of small shelves that hold two HT figures each (such as Arkham Knight and Batman). I set aside one shelf in anticipation of this set. But he isn't even close to fitting because he is so wide. So while Big Daddy's height isn't perfect, this still very impressive set and I don't regret my purchase at all. In fact, I will definitely be picking up Delta now.

With that said, I could see how it would bother some collectors. Especially if they were planning on displaying him next to figures that highlight his scale. Threezero may have chosen this size for practical reasons (it is hard to imagine him larger) or maybe this is just one of those times were "1/6 scale" was misinterpreted as "12 inch scale."

Anyway, I hope more people are happy with their purchase than disappointed.

It happens. Every company does it now and again. Hot Toys underscaled Iron Monger and their Super Predators like Berserker. Its probably a cost/practicality thing. Were this guy properly scaled, its likely he would have pushed $300 and lack the Little Sister. Decreasing potential interest in the figure. There’s always a give and take in this hobby.

I have plans to display this guy on my video game shelf next to Resident Evil characters and the like....though I think I’ll keep him far away from the WorldBox Nemesis or else he’ll look like a “Mini Daddy” :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on sticking him next to Joel, since he's the only other game figure I have right now. If they're the same height it'll be a bit odd.

He probably is a little bit short. It looks forgivable though. Doesn't bother me as much as a human 1/6 figure from a movie would. I'll display him next to my fallout figures.

We don't really know what's inside a Big Daddy, but it just looks like if it's a human in there, he's hunched over a fair bit. A lot like a hunchback, if he ever stood up straight, he'd be much taller, but the way that helmet/diving suit is constructed, it's almost like the suit is used as a punishment to keep someone hunched over permanently.

That's why he's so mad all the time, he can never stand up and stretch.

*sigh* Opened my Bioshock set to find more glue spill on a figure, I had to return a Nuka Cola armor chest piece back to Threezero because of a same glue spill issue (I must keep getting the factory worker with shaky hands!), it really is disappointing because for pieces that are full of weathering, rust and dirt there's not much that can go wrong in production.

They've said to return it for 'repairs' but how simple is it going to be to change the fabric body suit or is it just one arm sleeve? I said I would be happier with a quick replacement or a refund so I can source another as I have some issues with the little sister too, I think they must be all out as I have to wait and see if the repair factory can do anything.

ll6rVv4.jpg

...why did it have to mark the fabric, you would never know if it had landed on the diving suit armor.

*sigh* Opened my Bioshock set to find more glue spill on a figure, I had to return a Nuka Cola armor chest piece back to Threezero because of a same glue spill issue (I must keep getting the factory worker with shaky hands!), it really is disappointing because for pieces that are full of weathering, rust and dirt there's not much that can go wrong in production.

They've said to return it for 'repairs' but how simple is it going to be to change the fabric body suit or is it just one arm sleeve? I said I would be happier with a quick replacement or a refund so I can source another as I have some issues with the little sister too, I think they must be all out as I have to wait and see if the repair factory can do anything.

ll6rVv4.jpg

...why did it have to mark the fabric, you would never know if it had landed on the diving suit armor.

Since I began buying some 1/6 figures last year, after trying really hard not to do so, the fear of little things like this are a constant factor. I'm kinda used to it on the cheaper collectibles. This sucks. Hope you can get a replacement or a proper repair soon.

My collecting of statues and larger pieces has almost stopped now just because I don’t want to feel like i’m playing the lottery every time I buy something expensive, I’ve had better luck with 1/6 figures in the past and you can simply replace their parts on them if there is a problem but lately i’m thinking of quitting the hobby.
I sold my Neca Big Daddy when I preordered the threezero figure, it was £20 and I didn’t have any issues with it as silly as this.

ll6rVv4.jpg

Considering the games setting. Just chalk it up to any number of fluids that could spill on the Big Daddy. Dried blood. Plasmid fluid. Anything...it could be anything. Consider it your own unique battle damage/weathering. Return it and you risk the chance of getting something even worse.

ll6rVv4.jpg

Please tell me you're joking :pray: You're looking to return a figure for a replacement/fix for those two tiny little passable spots of glue. Sorry mate but thats crazy! Use some dabs of soap and water if its that bad. Look I've paid some good money on statues and 1/6 figures too but I don't get how something like that can move you to have to get it replaced or "source another one." Save the trouble and chalk it up to battle damage. Pefection on a figure whose character isn't doing up his make up each day or washing his suit is kinda hilarious with it being just two little spots on a sleeve. The over all piece is great! C'mon you can see past those spots! :dunno I believe in you! :yess:

I know it’s nit picky, just peeved because a lot of stuff i’ve got recently has either come broken or flawed and I thought this guy was a safe purchase seeing as the character is a dirty rust bucket and nothing could really spoil him,
the glue stain on the suit just makes it feel tacky and cheap at the moment.
I could add some dirt over the glue and add more staining on him which i’ve done before to hide flaws, though i’m not feeling motivated to do all that currently, was just hoping to get something that I could set on the shelf and enjoy from the get-go.

Not to much to ask if you ask me. With higher prices higher quality and quality control should be delivered.

Back