ThreeA Portal 2 - Atlus and P-Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that in my inbox early this morning. Sale ends at midnight — Pacific time, right?

Doesn't matter anymore if it's Pacific or Eastern now that I've ordered a pair of Atlas & P-Body. Trumped my original plan of just waiting for the Holidays sale! Free-shipping, FTW! Nonetheless, thanks, Dr_Jengo! Otherwise, I could have missed out on this great deal!

Doesn't matter anymore if it's Pacific or Eastern now that I've ordered a pair of Atlas & P-Body. Trumped my original plan of just waiting for the Holidays sale! Free-shipping, FTW! Nonetheless, thanks, Dr_Jengo! Otherwise, I could have missed out on this great deal!

No problem! Enjoy the deal! I was pretty sure someone on there would have wanted it :)

No problem! Enjoy the deal! I was pretty sure someone on there would have wanted it :)

:goodpost: :yess:

Finally, i've got my dynamic robot duo. I'd say between these two P-Body's such a pain to put into an upright position! Up to now I've been looking for any diorama-stand-base so it'd be a cinch to balance it while holding its ASPHD gun particularly if I want to pose it for some action shots. Only found one, so cool https://www.psychobob.co.uk/2013/01/3d-print-atlas-portal-part2.html but after going through his blog and all, it wasn't sixth scale besides he won't be bothered for any commissioned work from my understanding alone.

Ah, ok. I was asking because ive found more than one type of CR2 battery, and im still searching for the AG1's.

I couldn't find the battery for the guns anywhere.

The AG1's are also code 364 as I found out trying to find them and they are expensive just like the CR2, I spent an extra 30 euros just on battery's.

just got me an atlas, not a bad figure but its very light and hard as hell to pose as someone else posted above

DSCI1972_zps20e77db4.jpg

DSCI1975_zps32a8d905.jpg

DSCI1977_zps02db0b3b.jpg

got atlas and pbody today as a Christmas gift from my lcs, theyre garbage. the worst purchase ive made in quite a while and im mad i used up a christmas gift toward these. ive wanted them for so long and oh man are they a big let down. the posability in pbody is a major shame, he doesnt even have any hip movement and cannot hold his gun at all. not to mention his finger broke off within 10 minutes of gentle babying. they look amazing out of the box but i wouldnt suggest moving them. the joints are super loose and are very fragile. atlas seems pretty good but his thumbs fall off very easily. aesthetically theyre excellent but they are highly polished turds, pbody being a complete piece of ****. im mad i got these and cant return them because theyre opened. i would only get these if i were the most elite portal fan and absolute completest of anything in the franchise,. F these things, i hate them immediately.

I think they're pretty fantastic, very difficult to pose but that's because of the design of the characters and they matched the joints that the game characters have. On mine the joints are very tight, which actually makes you concerned that you might be pushing them a direction they shouldn't go.

the shoulders on my pbody are so loose that you could swing them back and forth. every one of my figures i gently check them throughout to make sure i am seeing every articulation and moving them so that i do not over articulate them. i was holding pbody and the tip of his finger literally fell off. i am one of those people who try to see the good in every figure i get no matter what but i dont think there is a great quality in these. they are mildly fantastic, just not as fantastic as they could have been. sorry man but im not pleased with them. they have excellent shelf presence but i wont be able to do anything too dynamic with them. pbodys elbows dont even go 90 degrees. how come atlas can go way beyond that and have a swiveling shoulder? why does atlas also have hip articulation but pbody cant. if i could take back any comment ive made its that they both suck. atlas is a far superior figure to pbody, his thumbs just suck. its cool they went with the ball joint but its so small it comes out with little to no effort. pbodys wrists pop out all of the time. there were ideas i had for pbodys articulation that would havee completely worked and were no brainers, it just makes me mad that they wouldnt have put more thought into them. id rather they be more articulated and not be able to stand than stiff as a board, at least i could have used stands to get the pose id like to achieve.

got atlas and pbody today as a Christmas gift from my lcs, theyre garbage. the worst purchase ive made in quite a while and im mad i used up a christmas gift toward these. ive wanted them for so long and oh man are they a big let down. the posability in pbody is a major shame, he doesnt even have any hip movement and cannot hold his gun at all. not to mention his finger broke off within 10 minutes of gentle babying. they look amazing out of the box but i wouldnt suggest moving them. the joints are super loose and are very fragile. atlas seems pretty good but his thumbs fall off very easily. aesthetically theyre excellent but they are highly polished turds, pbody being a complete piece of ****. im mad i got these and cant return them because theyre opened. i would only get these if i were the most elite portal fan and absolute completest of anything in the franchise,. F these things, i hate them immediately.

The reason i chose the more economical Neca version, they look abit plastic but i prefer their proportion & clean looks.

The NECA versions have almost the exact same problems as the 3A versions; nice to look at but forget about poseability or durability. The designs must be a ***** to translate into toy form; kudos to these guys for at least trying though.

If you've got loose joints, then you probably just got a bad batch, but I think the difficulty in posing is due to them trying to match the game models which don't necessarily work the way they should in the real world.

If you've got loose joints, then you probably just got a bad batch, but I think the difficulty in posing is due to them trying to match the game models which don't necessarily work the way they should in the real world.

If they used metals around the legs & metal joints, possibility probably won't be an issue. If Bandai can add metals to the joints and ask for $80 i don't see why 3A can't when they are charging $200.

What I mean is, if I've got limited space are these guys worth keeping and displaying? Worried about them falling over, for example

Back