Thoughts on custom name plate for 1/6 tumbler?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, thanks. :eek: :lol

Anyway, I did a quick pic. Not that you'll use it but just to start your thoughts rolling. Once you decide on how you want to word it, you'll have to decide what font, colour and size you'd like. :lol Just to make it more strenuous on your brain.

2r6ipfm.jpg

This is BY FAR the best option.

A) It's called the Tumbler. It's never referred to as the "Batmobile," and that's a generic name that can be used for any Batmobile.

B) Don't call it "Tumbler." It's "The Tumbler." You could call it "Tumbler" if it were a person's name. It's not. It's "The Tumbler." This is a physical object, and it's also a specific copy of a physical object (i.e, not just any Tumbler, it's "The Tumbler")

C) I'm not sure mentioning "1/6" is necessary. But you seem to really want that. In which case, you should call it "1/6 Scale." Just "1/6" isn't enough - it looks unprofessional.

Furthermore, you don't want "1/6" to be on the same line as the name - i.e., not "1/6 Tumbler" or "1/6 The Tumbler." That's awkward. "1/6 Scale" is specific information about the object - it's a modifier giving more detail. In which case, it should be like a sub-title. "The Tumbler" isn't defined by it's 1/6-ness, so it's not critical - which means it should be on the next line.

D) Don't mention the movie it's from - because it's from two different movies. And you don't want to have to mention both, nor do you want to call it "The Nolan Batman Series" or anything, because that's awkward. It's obvious what movie this is from. This obviousness is enhanced by the Bat-logo you're using. It'll probably be enhanced even more by the other objects you'll be displaying nearby.

I could go into more detail, but I think I've made my point. Creecher is right:

The Tumbler
1/6 Scale

is best. (Centered, obviously).

Anything else looks just plain unprofessional - and since you're going to a lot of trouble, I'm going to assume you'd want to do things in the way a museum would do it.

Thanks for the detailed response Haytil....I think you and Creecher are right. That sounds like the best option to go with...now im just wondering weather I should go with a polished aluminium look for the plaque or that satin black finish that the "Batarang" has. I think maybe the "silver/chrome" look will be to flashy for this kind of display.

Chris

Last edited:

Anyway, I did a quick pic. Not that you'll use it but just to start your thoughts rolling. Once you decide on how you want to word it, you'll have to decide what font, colour and size you'd like. :lol Just to make it more strenuous on your brain.

2r6ipfm.jpg

No man, I think that looks great....I will go with just that.
If the plaque is black...then the letters and #'s will have to be engraved which will come out as silver writing. If the plaque is silver then the lettering will be black. To many decisions man.....but I think Im leaning towards the silver plaque. I want to do that textured "dirty/rusty" look...but I dont know where I can find metal to look like that.

Chris

[/QUOTE]

2r6ipfm.jpg

That's the one. But I would definitely make the 1/6 scale smaller size font then the The Tumbler font size.

Chris, I really like your idea for the license plate. Who is making them for you, and if you don't mind, can I piggy back on your idea?

Hey Batman29, ya go right ahead do the same thing if you want....wont hurt my feelings. I didnt patent the idea or anything....go nuts.

Im having the case and base built by a company called park plastic products...heres their website: www.parkplastic.com

They can make pretty much anything you can dream up...im having the plaque made by a buddie of mine who owns a CNC shop near me.

Post some pics when your finished your project.

Chris

Last edited:
Im having an acrylic display case made for my 1/6 tumbler that will arrive in a few days. Im also having a custom name plate made in the shape of the bat symbol shown below. My dilema is this....I dont know what I should write in the centre of the name plate.

The dimensions of this name plate will be 5" x 2"...this is what Im thinking so far:

1/6 Tumbler

1/6 Bat Tumbler

1/6 Batmobile

Batman begins
1/6 Tumbler

......I could go on and on with different variations. Any thoughts on what woud be the best script to use would help me out alot.

Chris

just put the bat symbol dude. don't even put the film title. classy...

Okay then, so something like this.

f9hxg7.jpg

Been reading this thread, and this is by far the best of all the collective ideas. I am really thinking of a case for mine as well. As is, it is a "dust collector", and it's to good a model to just gather dust. I too may steal your idea. After all, this is a museum quality item and should be treated as such.

Old Grandpa

Hey Batman29, ya go right ahead do the same thing if you want....wont hurt my feelings. I didnt patent the idea or anything....go nuts.

Im having the case and base built by a company called park plastic products...heres their website: www.parkplastic.com

They can make pretty much anything you can dream up...im having the plaque made by a buddie of mine who owns a CNC shop near me.

Post some pics when your finished your project.

Chris

Since you are in Toronto as well can I tag along :) I can maybe barter my services? I am also considering laser etching onto black acrylic... too many ideas

How about this? Focus is on the name, The Tumbler

For CNC or Laser Etching to be effective the image needs to have more contrast. Both processes likely result in a monochrome image in the end
But thanks for the input :) I need to still adjust my image as I find it to have too much "white"

Hmm, if I were you I'd just go with "The Batmobile". Calling it the Tumbler is just as corny in my opinion.

We have Batman, The Joker, Batman The Dark Knight Verison, The Joker Bank Robber Version, Two-Face/Harvey Dent and the Batpod.

The Batmobile . . . I mean that's what it basically is right? The Batmobile, one of the most iconic gadgets in Batman's arsenal that has played a huge part in pop culture. No point in calling it 1/6 scale either. People that see the sucker on display will know EXACTLY what it is, a kick ass replica of the REAL thing.

tdkemblem.jpg

Less is more.

Last edited:
Back