THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THOR: The sequel

Black did direct KISS KISS, BANG BANG though... and that's the best film on that list.

Well if Thor 2 is as fun/ridiculous as Last Action Hero I'm in. All of his prior scripts unfortunately seem to share the same common denominator as most Marvel films -- an anticlimactic showdown at the end. Hopefully he breaks form.

Hey guys...you realize Cap and Avengers isn't out yet and they just announced Thor 2 is being done and you're already writing it off as not being that good... :lol

:lecture

I was just wondering the other day if Iron Man was going to be the only Avenger with a stand-alone sequel (Hulk doesn't count). I was only expecting Avengers sequels. I don't see how they can break the Avengers up for individual movies after they've brought them all together.

6429-2128-7025-1-avengers-the_super.jpg

38048-2400-42698-1-captain-america_super.jpg

66918-6504-99915-1-iron-man_super.jpg

66326-6226-99323-1-thor_super.jpg

18952-2954-21177-1-hulk_super.jpg

Yeah, I don't know how they'll be able to separate these characters-- If only there was a library full of material to lean on.

:lol

Hope Branagh's back. His vision was an integral part of the first film's success.

Just heard about this...damn!

I hope there is a chance of getting Branagh back fo the sequel. It would be great to get at least one more with the cast and creative team that worked so well with the first one, and Branagh was absolutley an intregal ingredient to the movie's success.

I hope Marvel makes a real effort at getting him (and the whole cast/creative team) back..."Thor" presented the toughest challenge for them to bring to the screen and it would be a shame to see them squander the success of the first movie for the sake of making a Disney-fied movie/merchandise release schedule for the quick buck instead of creating something lasting that folks/fans would want to see again...

Time will tell...

Knowing crew who worked on the film, they all said that Branagh was a real di©k to Hemsworth on set. I figured since he is the movie, it was a him or me situation. Having said that, the movie was great and one of my favorites this year.

Really? Why would you ride the star of the movies ass unless he was being a pain? Makes a bit more sense then.

Knowing crew who worked on the film, they all said that Branagh was a real di©k to Hemsworth on set. I figured since he is the movie, it was a him or me situation. Having said that, the movie was great and one of my favorites this year.

This makes no sense, every multiple media reports and interviews painted a complete opposite picture.

It's either money related or it's money related.

Yeah, but usually we wait until we get a teaser trailer or some sneak peek photos before the sky starts falling. :panic:

I guess we're just ahead of the curve... that way not only the sky, but everything the heavens contain can start falling when the first teaser and pictures hit :D

It'll be like Ragnarok.

Ooh...that'd make a good Thor movie...

Hey guys...you realize Cap and Avengers isn't out yet and they just announced Thor 2 is being done and you're already writing it off as not being that good... :lol

Well you have to admit, when hearing that Branagh was directing, a script written by J. Michael Straczynski, who had been writing some of the best Thor stories since Simonson, that fills with a little more confidence and excitement than having no director, the writer of FF2: Rise of the Silver Surfer and a target release date already.

I thought Hemsworth was fantastic in Thor and if Branagh had to be a ____ to get that performance on screen, I'm all for it.

Lets be honest, Hollywood has a horrible batting average. For the massive number of films made, very few are actually that good. I think people are totally justified being highly skeptical.

I think Marvel's tendency to announce the release dates so prematurely is what scares folks too. Iron Man 2 has it's fans but you can tell it was rushed and even Favreau complained about it. We all knew that The Dark Knight was getting a sequel but Nolan waited, did it right and we are getting one four years from the release of the last. Marvel is giving Thor a two year window without a director or even a shooting script. I don't see why fans wouldn't be nervous.

Yeah, I don't know how they'll be able to separate these characters-- If only there was a library full of material to lean on.

:lol

I understand that there's a wealth of material to draw on for standalone movies, I was thinking it didn't make sense from a commercial standpoint. But then I thought more about it and realized I was kidding myself.

I can't argue with the point that studios rushing movies out in order to make money instead of waiting for everything come together tends to not work out well. It's very short sighted of the studios too. If they make a great movie it will make more money and people will be willing to see more sequels.

Still, being nervous is one thing, already deciding its not going to be good is completely different.

Lets be honest, Hollywood has a horrible batting average. For the massive number of films made, very few are actually that good. I think people are totally justified being highly skeptical.
Most of it is about estimating likely future occurrences based on information relating to these future occurrences as they may be informed by pre-existing evidence. It is attempts at prediction. Most of us do it in some form or fashion. You see Fantastic Four movies, realize they suck, hear creative team is working on comic movie X, and thus anticipate it may also likely suck so far as that creative team is involved. It is part of a rational decision-making process given a world of uncertainty and limited time/resources (not all of us are able to watch every single movie that is released, and use "cognitive shortcuts" to watch the movies that are most likely going to give us a good movie watching experience based on previous examples of movies that gave us a good movie watching experience). I'm not sure why such an process is so reviled around here. All of us go into movies with expectations--high or low, and standards--high or low, that affect our ultimate judgments.

Back