THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THOR: The sequel

Its true though! :lol That was the one thing I really hated about Thor. He wasn't really Thor for most of the movie. If it was a stand alone movie with no sequel or Avengers lined up afterward, it would have really sucked. We only see him for a bit in the begining with the Frost giants and a few minutes at the end. Not really that great for a god-superhero. So now that that is out of the way, we can get to the smashing.

Its true though! :lol That was the one thing I really hated about Thor. He wasn't really Thor for most of the movie. If it was a stand alone movie with no sequel or Avengers lined up afterward, it would have really sucked. We only see him for a bit in the begining with the Frost giants and a few minutes at the end. Not really that great for a god-superhero. So now that that is out of the way, we can get to the smashing.

Marvel should let us freaks direct just one movie, we'll show them how it's done dammit :rock

Thor was great :rock

We would make it greater :hi5:

I could see it now:

Thor 2

Director:

The Mike

Screenplay:

Buttmunch
Darth Snoopy

Last edited:

Never ever thought Thor would be just one movie. I'd have bet my life that wouldn't have been the case. If it had the movie we got truly was ____ing awesome.

I was just wondering the other day if Iron Man was going to be the only Avenger with a stand-alone sequel (Hulk doesn't count). I was only expecting Avengers sequels. I don't see how they can break the Avengers up for individual movies after they've brought them all together.

According to Kevin Feige, the plan is to reference the Avengers but not fully have segmented issues. I believe he was quoted in saying "Tony Stark isn't all of sudden going to have afternoon tea with Thor every day." So the plan was to bring them together and then continue them all individually bringing them back when needed, same as the comics.

Mike, isn't Superman out in 2012?

The date is tentatively set for December 2012. Many think it'll get pushed to 2013. Green Lantern was originally set for December 2010 but got pushed to June of this year due to post-production, a lot of industry insiders think that even though filming begins in August of this year that it'll be moved from December to next summer to have a tentpole for Warner Bros in the summer season. It is still scheduled for 2012 so far.

Is there a possibility Branagh will return or has he said he won't do it?

According to Superhero Hype he opted out.

Deadline claims Branagh's split with the studios was "mutual and amicable," and that he'll probably involved with the sequel in some creative capacity. This obviously means the director's chair is now open, so expect the rumor mill to start churning out names soon.

According to deadline:

Marvel has set Don Payne, one of the credited scribes on the first film, to script the sequel. Payne rewrote Lobo for Warner Bros, and was one of the writers on Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer. His superhero experience started with My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Payne's also co-executive producer on The Simpsons, so there might be a laugh or two in between intergalactic mayhem.

:lol, so he rewrote a film that went nowhere, one of the worst films in comic book history and a movie starring Uma Thurman and Luke Wilson that is so bad they won't bother to show it on cable TV. That doesn't fill me with a great amount of hope especially when Straczynski penned the original. Fingers crossed.

Marvel's cheapness is continuing to lead to some galactically stupid hiring decisions.

What doesn't make sense is that writers always, ALWAYS, try to stick their stamp on a story, make it their own. That wouldn't occur with a comic writer because they've already gone through that in the funny pages. If Marvel (and DC for matter) has these writers on payroll, why not have them write the treatment and then let Hollywood professionals take it from there?

I love that Shane Black is doing Iron 3, but yeah so far Thor 2 is looking meh. Still I'll hold out hope.

I like everything about IRON MAN 3 so far... except for Don Cheadle returning. He's a great actor (better than Terrance Howard), but imho he makes a terrible Rhody. And he and RDJ had zero chemistry in IRON MAN 2 (unlike Howard & RDJ, whose chemistry jumped off the screen from their very first scene. You feel like they were actually pals).

That, the Ed Norton thing, hiring Joe Johnston for CAP, lots of other little things, and now this THOR 2 stuff... Marvel Studios is their own worst enemy sometimes.

I like everything about IRON MAN 3 so far... except for Don Cheadle returning. He's a great actor (better than Terrance Howard), but imho he makes a terrible Rhody. And he and RDJ had zero chemistry in IRON MAN 2 (unlike Howard & RDJ, whose chemistry jumped off the screen from their very first scene. You feel like they were actually pals).

That, the Ed Norton thing, hiring Joe Johnston for CAP, lots of other little things, and now this THOR 2 stuff... Marvel Studios is their own worst enemy sometimes.

:clap:exactly:
Could not agree anymore! Summed up my thoughts exactly.

I don't know--it looks like Johnston has done a really good job with Captain America.

I'll wait until we see it before making a final verdict, of course. But stuff he said at SDCC last year (and since) sets my teeth on edge. Plus he's done nothing since THE ROCKETEER (which was over 20 years ago) to deserve the benefit of the doubt in a genre film like this. He's been vanilla, at best.

Maybe he'll surprise me and the film will click on all cylinders and leave nothing to be desired... but I'm not holding my breath. There were tons of better choices to helm this film.

Not the best news in the world but we'll see where we go from here.

According to Kevin Feige, the plan is to reference the Avengers but not fully have segmented issues. I believe he was quoted in saying "Tony Stark isn't all of sudden going to have afternoon tea with Thor every day." So the plan was to bring them together and then continue them all individually bringing them back when needed, same as the comics.

That makes sense :exactly: I don't know why I just viewed the standalone movies as primarily a buildup to the Avengers, so going back to individual films seems like a step backwards in awesomness or something :lol Needless to say I'm stoked they're pumping out more marvel films for the individual heroes, just curious to see how it will work.

Marvel recently signed Shane Black, who made a name for himself in the 1980s and 90s with The Monster Squad, Last Action Hero and four Lethal Weapon films, to helm Iron Man 3 after director Jon Favreau left the project. Black, who has worked with Robert Downey Jr. before in the crime-comedy Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang, is working in close association with screenwriter Drew Pearce to produce an original script.

They make it sound like Black actually directed all those films.

Too bad about Branagh leaving Thor. Still a great one in done movie at least! (assuming the next one is garbage)

Back