THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh I waited for the first one, but I don't recall them ever having two extras at the end.....have they??

There was the GotG one before the end of the credits, then after the credits, like always, there was a scene. :lol

Saw it Sunday morning.
Had 2 choices see it in 3D in a half filled theater at 10:15
Or
See it in the front row of a packed theater at 11:00
So we saw it in 3D
It was pretty damn cool.

Can't wait to see this again next weekend! Its my favorite movie of the year and deserves an encore viewing!!! I hope the Winter Soldier turns out just as good! :wave

Ok, just came back from seeing this. It's almost hard to give my two cents because I decided to watch it in IMAX 3D and that turned down to be a big mistake. I will never watch another 3D movie again, ever. It's just not for me. Puts such a strain on the eye and I feel like it's hard to focus on what's really happening. I feel like I didn't truly enjoyed the movie because of it.

but from what I was able to absorb, I can say the movie was good. Best part for me was the scenes with the space ships in Asgard, Thor's fighting scenes and Cap's cameo. Some small nitpicks though... like for example, why was Erik Selvig acting all crazy and ridiculous? He was always a pretty respectable scientist in all previous movies but suddenly he is crazy? No justification for that AT ALL. Also, they put too much focus on those devices of his at the end of the movie. It appears Thor would not have won without it.

Also, that ending with Loki is in need of discussion. Did he kill Odin? I almost feel that the extra scenes they filmed for Loki were the ones we have seen at the end (him seating at the throne), almost as if they were really gonna get rid of him, but decided to go another direction in the last minute.

Sounds good then from what I've read on here! Finally going to see it tomorrow :yess: , really looking forward to it!!

Went to see it Sunday morning and I liked it. It wasn't great by any means but it was entertaining. For me it felt like reading a Thor comic and if I can walk away with that feeling after a super hero flick then mission accomplished. After being severely disappointed with the man of steel and the wolverine it was nice to go into a movie and not leave shaking my head wishing I had the last two plus hours of my life back.

I just saw it last night, thought it was pretty good, although honestly, I think I like the first one slightly more. I loved the cameo, totally unexpected. But could someone tell me what the second extra scene was? I just assumed the first one was the only one.

....Also, that ending with Loki is in need of discussion. Did he kill Odin? I almost feel that the extra scenes they filmed for Loki were the ones we have seen at the end (him seating at the throne), almost as if they were really gonna get rid of him, but decided to go another direction in the last minute.

Hmmm.. many years ago.. I'm talking decades here.. I read a few of Marvel's Thor comics and if I remember correctly, the story line concerned Loki having managed to trap Odin in another dimension without the other Asgardians knowing.. so effectively Odin has vanished from Asgard and only Loki knows where he is.
I'm wondering if the Convergence plot line in 'Thor: The Dark World' has given Loki that opportunity.. it would explain the ending.

.. and where is Thor's brother Baldur in these movies?! :dunno

There was the GotG one before the end of the credits, then after the credits, like always, there was a scene. :lol

ok, I guess i'll have to see again. :yess: to see the last scene. funny the whole packed theater sat till the first one ended and got up to leave. I think the whole theater missed the second one. :lol:lol

Ok, just came back from seeing this. It's almost hard to give my two cents because I decided to watch it in IMAX 3D and that turned down to be a big mistake. I will never watch another 3D movie again, ever. It's just not for me. Puts such a strain on the eye and I feel like it's hard to focus on what's really happening. I feel like I didn't truly enjoyed the movie because of it.

but from what I was able to absorb, I can say the movie was good. Best part for me was the scenes with the space ships in Asgard, Thor's fighting scenes and Cap's cameo. Some small nitpicks though... like for example, why was Erik Selvig acting all crazy and ridiculous? He was always a pretty respectable scientist in all previous movies but suddenly he is crazy? No justification for that AT ALL. Also, they put too much focus on those devices of his at the end of the movie. It appears Thor would not have won without it.

Also, that ending with Loki is in need of discussion. Did he kill Odin? I almost feel that the extra scenes they filmed for Loki were the ones we have seen at the end (him seating at the throne), almost as if they were really gonna get rid of him, but decided to go another direction in the last minute.

There is justification though, Loki possessed Hawkeye's and Selvig's mind, both got messed up.

I just saw it last night, thought it was pretty good, although honestly, I think I like the first one slightly more. I loved the cameo, totally unexpected. But could someone tell me what the second extra scene was? I just assumed the first one was the only one.

Same thing here. We left after the first extra-- what was the second one?

Back