THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie is perfect. Its got great characters, killer action, and lots of humor. Easily my favorite Marvel film so far. Loki was awesome in it. I'm anxious to see where they go from here in the Thor series. Hopefully they bring in Beta Ray Bill since they're bringing in all these other cosmic characters.

Mugatu-zoolander-602176_338_238.jpg

Oh my gosh! That's exactly what he reminded me of--Will Ferrell in Zoolander!

Things I liked in the movie:

Intern tossing in the car keys. I admit that I chuckled.
The Borg Queen from Star Trek showing up in the healing room.
Heimdall taking down that ship.
The black hole grenades.
The funeral scene. Some beautiful shots in there.
The cameo.
Thor tossing Loki out of the ship to shut him up.
"Why are there so many shoes?"
Hanging up the hammer like a polite house guest.
The irony of Loki's (apparent) sacrifice--I'm sure Coulson would have appreciated seeing that.
The fun and imagination and visuals of the climax.
The great slow-mo hero shot of Thor leaping at Malekith in the red cloud.
And I loved seeing Mjolnir trying to return to Thor regardless of his location.

Personally, I would have switched the two extra scenes. That GotG teaser really struck me like a cheesy old episode of Star Trek or something. If they give us a whole movie like that, then it might work--but out of context, it just didn't fit the tone of the movie.

I agree the end credits scene should've been switched. But I still loved the GOTG thing, despite being a rush job.

This film had me when the space elvs had a giant Predator-esq spaceship flying around the universe.

That, and ***** that suck you into nothing. This movie is a goofy delight.

I thought it was really good and I and 3 of my girls enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was great.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm intrigued by all of the Star Trek comparisons; I thought it was like Lady Sif and Volstagg were transported to an episode of Doctor Who, myself.:lol

Yeah, I forgot about Heimdall. Him taking down that ship was totally bad ***.

Did they ever show
Spoiler Spoiler:

Star Wars and Star Trek are two different things. And neither are as goofy as Dr. Who is.

But you're talking about the 2 hour quick shoot before final print GoTG thing. And that's fine. But that movie IS going to be campy and cheesy AND FUNNY. So. Prepare to not see it now. Because that **** isn't going to be taken that seriously.

I just saw this today and went in with sort of a meh feeling. I like the first one but it didn't really blow me away like Captain America, Ironman, or the Avengers. I have to say, I loved this one. I agree the final battle had it's flaws but overall, this movie is fantastic. Can't wait for the next Thor film and Captain America 2!!! Really love all these new Marvel movies!!!

Things I liked in the movie:

Intern tossing in the car keys. I admit that I chuckled.
The Borg Queen from Star Trek showing up in the healing room.
Heimdall taking down that ship.
The black hole grenades.
The funeral scene. Some beautiful shots in there.
The cameo.
Thor tossing Loki out of the ship to shut him up.
"Why are there so many shoes?"
Hanging up the hammer like a polite house guest.
The irony of Loki's (apparent) sacrifice--I'm sure Coulson would have appreciated seeing that.
The fun and imagination and visuals of the climax.
The great slow-mo hero shot of Thor leaping at Malekith in the red cloud.
And I loved seeing Mjolnir trying to return to Thor regardless of his location.

Personally, I would have switched the two extra scenes. That GotG teaser really struck me like a cheesy old episode of Star Trek or something. If they give us a whole movie like that, then it might work--but out of context, it just didn't fit the tone of the movie.

wait a minute, there was two extra scenes........damn you marvel.:gah:

Star Wars and Star Trek are two different things. And neither are as goofy as Dr. Who is.

But you're talking about the 2 hour quick shoot before final print GoTG thing. And that's fine. But that movie IS going to be campy and cheesy AND FUNNY. So. Prepare to not see it now. Because that **** isn't going to be taken that seriously.

I said it reminded me more of Dr. Who ran Star Wars or Star Trek; that doesn't mean that I didn't like it or I don't want to see it. It's a movie with a Raccoon that talks and sounds like Bradley Cooper who flies with a jet pack and shoots at aliens with machine guns. Why would I not want to see that?:lol

Just got out from watching this awesome film. Finally some semi barbaric scenes. The environment, costume, fight scenes were all awesome. I wasnt digging the flying boat but all good.

Cant wait for infinity gauntlet. Lets do this!!!

I said it reminded me more of Dr. Who ran Star Wars or Star Trek; that doesn't mean that I didn't like it or I don't want to see it. It's a movie with a Raccoon that talks and sounds like Bradley Cooper who flies with a jet pack and shoots at aliens with machine guns. Why would I not want to see that?:lol
Ok. :lol

Thor 2 is what people are talking about when they say they are reminded of Star Wars.

Back