Thor The Dark World Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats. I have straight eye envy. I'm going to do a youtube review and try to keep my anger to a minimum.
This is beautiful. A little dark on the skin tone but still very nice. And heavy!

I think I'm being too critical. I'm in a bad mood.
When I took him in the kitchen, he didn't look as derpy.
I think I need to look at him with my contacts out as I don't see well up close with them.

Face sculpt sucks :) Everthing is perfect for me except that head, the color and the eyes ım sorry. I hope iron studios will make a new avengers thor. Then we may buy that one. I passss this one.

If Iron Studios makes one, I'd like to get it. Their stuff looks great.
Yeah, their Cap is proof they can capture likenesses with fantastic results.

I'm perfectly happy having IS Cap being the centerpiece of an Avengers display and surrounding him with non Iron Studios statues. I might not even get a Thor, but I will definitely get a Hulk and Iron Man at some point.

I've seen two 1/4 Vision prototypes by different companies that had the exact same pose, just mirrored. Might get one of those as a Thor replacement.

Overal I like it, but yeah, the likeness could be improved... I've had problems with the teeth since the first time we saw it and it still bothers me today... oh well...

The cape is one moth**** to play with. As I'll be moving house soon, I've just took it out quickly for inspection but now it's going back in its box, so I'll play later...

Love the base. Nice effect and HEAVY!

IMG_1154.JPGIMG_1155.jpgIMG_1156.jpgIMG_1157.jpgIMG_1163.JPGIMG_1163a.JPGIMG_1164.jpgIMG_1173.jpgIMG_1174.jpg

Here's my Dark World Thor PF.

I knew this statue looked a lot better than the pictures. A lot of those pics have some significant lens distortion, and harsh bright lighting. The body of this came out great...the obvious weak point is the headsculpt. The paint doesn't look bad, but it's obviously not great either. I am very spoiled by Hot Toys and Iron Studios when it comes to headsculpts.

Cool piece though...congrats and thanks for the video review!

Got mine yesterday.. I really like this statue, i cant believe its fully scuplted. I kind of prefer it over the modern comic version which I also have. Lucky for me no qc issues this time. Here are a couple pics I took right after setting it up.

20160123_110207.jpg
20160123_110227.jpg
20160123_110235.jpg
20160123_110256.jpg
20160123_110332.jpg
20160123_110343.jpg

Last edited:
Back