THOR STRIKES HOLLYWOOD...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buliwyf.gif

Vladimir Kulich probably won't get it but I think he would be perfect for the role. I think also that Sean Bean could pull it off.

I think this guy, Jason Lewis, would be perfect for Thor.

jason-lewis-2004-vanity-fair-oscar-.jpg

Here he is getting some Thor look alike practice as Lucifer in a movie of the same name.

JasonLewis.jpg

Read the script, get ready for the new LORD OF THE RINGS. If they stay true to the script, cast it well and sink enough time and money into the project, this could be an amazing movie, one to rival not only all the marvel movies but it would create a new franchise equal to the Star Wars saga and Lord of the Rings.
They have a good director. I can't wait to see this movie.

I've read that they will be taking the "LOTR ", fantasy direction with this , rather than a straight ahead "super-hero" angle . Thor would only be banished to Earth in the 3rd act to set up sequels . This would make sense , as trying to make a movie in the vein of the original stories would be problematic to say the least . Josh Holloway would be an excellent choice , but now I think about it Aaron Ekhart looks the part AND has the acting chops . Also , bear in mind that since Marvel set up their own production company , the choice of actors involved has been surprisingly credible , ( Ed Norton , Robert Downey Jr , anyone?) so I think we can rule out wrestlers etc.

Read the script, get ready for the new LORD OF THE RINGS. If they stay true to the script, cast it well and sink enough time and money into the project, this could be an amazing movie, one to rival not only all the marvel movies but it would create a new franchise equal to the Star Wars saga and Lord of the Rings.

I dig Thor, but come on. Talk about unrealistically high expectations.

Personally, I've always dug the Thor banished to modern Earth. The ale-drinking, belching Devil-May-Care environmentalist (like in "The Ultimates"). Pitt especially would be perfect for that Thor, imho.

Looks like Aaron Eckhart is getting his feet wet in the DC universe first as D.A. Harvey Dent in the Batman sequel.

All the other pretty boys mentioned look exactly like that: "boys"
Thor needs gravitas, hes the prince of Asgard, the god of Thunder and the master of Mijilnor not some poser runway model who spends all his time looking in the mirror.
Eckhart is a good looking guy but not distractingly so.
Thor needs to look like hes been around the block a few times kickn frost giant ass for thousands of years.
The guy from 13th warrior is way to old,you also need to think sequels and still looking like you can heft that hammer.

Last edited:
it's absolutely realistic if they keep to the script, it is an amazing bit of
writing in my opinion. Plus watch Phantom Menace again, you don't have to stretch very far. But the Thor script is in a league unto it's self. The writer did his job, now it is up to Matthew Vaughn. We will know it is headed in the right direction when we hear who is cast to play Thor and Loki.

I don't know.. I always wanted comic movies to be made.. I just hope they do it well..

I'm sorry but muscles must carry equal weight with acting when you're talking about Thor. Stan Lee said it himself making him as, if not more, powerful than the Hulk, he can't have an aerobics body.

I think you make a fair point.

A pet idea of mine is that they should go CG/performance capture ala Beowulf. Because, I don't want to see "Triple H" as Thor.

I'm sorry but muscles must carry equal weight with acting when you're talking about Thor. Stan Lee said it himself making him as, if not more, powerful than the Hulk, he can't have an aerobics body.

Otherwise I think there's some leftover Juggernaut-muscles from X3 they can borrow. :D

the script requires a superb actor for the part, this is going to be a hard part to pull off, McKidd was great in Rome and he can act circles around Brad Pitt or any wrestler...oh yeah...IMO

the script requires a superb actor for the part, this is going to be a hard part to pull off, McKidd was great in Rome and he can act circles around Brad Pitt or any wrestler...oh yeah...IMO

Hell yeah Lucious Vorenous! Let McKidd wield the hammer of Thor!

Back