Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can hela become something else when she dies? We saw her get crossed big time, but seriously ive been waiting for marvel to bring back the red skull, that ending in TFA, is ambiguous kind of like him getting transported to another dimension

Red Skull's fate in TFA was deliberately ambiguous but if we do see him return I doubt that Marvel will force Weaving to reprise his role. He was very vocal about not wanting to return. But maybe that all changed in the subsequent years that the MCU became the juggernaut that it is today.

I never thought I'd live to see the day that Harrison Ford returned as Han Solo so anything is possible.

Can hela become something else when she dies? We saw her get crossed big time, but seriously ive been waiting for marvel to bring back the red skull, that ending in TFA, is ambiguous kind of like him getting transported to another dimension

I don't know if Hel is considered another dimension, or a realm

Red Skull's fate in TFA was deliberately ambiguous but if we do see him return I doubt that Marvel will force Weaving to reprise his role. He was very vocal about not wanting to return. But maybe that all changed in the subsequent years that the MCU became the juggernaut that it is today.

I never thought I'd live to see the day that Harrison Ford returned as Han Solo so anything is possible.

Oddly enough, when I saw Sam Neill in Ragnarok I thought, "Damn he'd make a good Red Skull"

Gave this a second chance today. Was a much more enjoyable theatre experience this time around. However, my opinion on the movie hasn't really changed much. Unlike my first viewing, there weren't any scenes that made me full blown angry at all of the potential that I thought was thrown away. I dozed off during some of the Sakaar scenes though. I still think Loki and Hela are the only legitimately great/good parts of the movie (albeit underused) but not enough for me to consider the movie as a whole great or even good.

Upping my score from a 6 to a 6.5, but nothing more.

This was fun, but that's about it. There was a lot of potential for this, but that was wasted. Fun, disposable entertainment. The visuals were cool. Hela was very sexy. Thor should not be an SNL skit. Oh well. Typical MCU tropes.

Saw this last weekend, a pretty good time at the theaters. Loved the villain and the humor. Other than that a bit forgettable , could have been anyone other than Thor and the movie wouldn't have changed.

Maybe on future viewings I'll notice it elsewhere, the only iffy CGI I noticed, and wondered how much was intentional, was the scenes in Norway with Odin, felt like 90s blue screen work.

It is a little concerning for IW only for the fact that I imagine a lot of CGI budget went to Hela, her dog, Hulk, etc. so some areas couldn't be that great, so what happens in IW when you have Hulk, Rocket, Groot, Iron Man, Hulk, Vision, Spiderman and who knows how many other actual characters who are fully or rely heavily on CGI to bring them to screen.

I thought CW's CGI was pretty good - a few places here and there I thought needed work, but IMO they pulled off stuff like giant Antman pretty well. Also the Falcon/Tony flight sequences. E.g. the Russos are in charge of IW with a mega-budget.:horror

Also Joe Russo talking about how the IW trailer needed to be right because it would be dissected frame by frame.

Not saying Taika didn't have an eye for detail - although this article also points out that the indie director was surrounded by experienced technicians:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/magazine/the-superweirdo-behind-thor-ragnarok.html

(And one thing that struck me re the Thor credits was the staggering lineup of visual artists.)

But I'm confident w. the Russos - experienced, IMO mad editing skills, Disney runs in-house test screenings, and are very aware of the interest in IW.

So at the end of Avengers Age Of Ulton,Fury says to Black Widow that something splashed down in the ocean,it might be the Quinjet.
We know that it’s not the Quinjet,so my question to you all is what did crash there?
My guess maybe Ms.Marvel?

Back