Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, FUN movie...definitely was embracing more of the humorous side of Thor that we saw in those "What was Thor doing during Civil War? - Thor & Darryl" shorts (which I still think should be a buddy comedy movie). So it's quite the different "tone" from the previous two Thor movies.

I also like how we're seeing the characters evolve (besides just a change in looks), but part of me still longs for seeing a more serious side of Thor (short of when he gets down during fighting)..especially given his role and responsibilities at the end of the movie. Hopefully Infinity War will bring that.

We’re looking at only a mere 50% 2nd weekend drop for Thor Ragnarok!!!

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Blade 1: 36[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Spiderman 1: 37
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Wonder Woman: 43[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Batman Begins: 44[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The Amazing Spiderman: 44[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Thor 1: 47[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Iron Man 1: 48[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Spiderman 2: 48[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Doctor Strange: 49[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Avengers 1: 50
Thor Ragnarok 50[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The Dark Knight: 52[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hellboy 1: 53[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]X-Men 2: 53[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Punisher (Jane's): 54[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Daredevil: 55[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Guardians of the Galaxy 1: 55[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Guardians of the Galaxy 2: 55[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Ghost Rider 1: 55[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Ant-Man: 56[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Logan: 56[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Captain America The Winter Soldier: 56[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]X-Men 1: 56[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]X-Men First Class: 56[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Blade 3: 57[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Deadpool: 57[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Thor The Dark World: 57[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Iron Man 3: 58[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Avengers Age of Ultron: 59[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Captain America Civil War: 59[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fantastic Four 1: 59[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Ghost Rider 2: 59[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Iron Man 2: 59[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Blade 2: 60[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Captain America The First Avenger: 60[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The Incredible Hulk: 60[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Spiderman 3: 61[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The Amazing Spiderman 2: 61[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The Dark Knight Returns: 61[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Dredd: 62[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Spiderman Homecoming: 62[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Superman Returns: 63[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]X-Men Days of Future Past: 64[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Man of Steel: 64[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer: 65[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]X-Men Apocalypse: 65[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Green Lantern: 66[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]X-Men The Last Stand: 66[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Punisher Warzone: 67[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Suicide Squad: 67[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Watchmen: 67[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fantastic Four (Trank's): 68[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Batman v Superman: 69[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hulk (Ang's): 69[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]X-Men Origins Wolverine: 69[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hellboy 2: 70[/FONT][/FONT]

Great, FUN movie...definitely was embracing more of the humorous side of Thor that we saw in those "What was Thor doing during Civil War? - Thor & Darryl" shorts (which I still think should be a buddy comedy movie). So it's quite the different "tone" from the previous two Thor movies.

I also like how we're seeing the characters evolve (besides just a change in looks), but part of me still longs for seeing a more serious side of Thor (short of when he gets down during fighting)..especially given his role and responsibilities at the end of the movie. Hopefully Infinity War will bring that.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/878390/Avengers-Infinity-War-plot-storyline-emotional-Kevin-Feige-teasers

In a new interview, Feige has promised moments that will be “funny and moving”.

Speaking to Collider, he said: “I don’t know if anything surprises me necessarily, but it is overwhelming.

“I guess what has surprised me is how emotional it all is. Every day, every dailies, every time an actor that has never interacted with a character comes in contact with a character they’ve never interacted with, it’s amazing.”

He added: “There is something very special about those movies that is happening everyday on set.

“It's not just the crew that feels it, or me that feels it, it’s all the cast who are all mega-stars in their own right, yet feel privileged to be doing what they’re doing every day.

“Joe and Anthony [Russo] handling it, two movies at the same time, in an unprecedented fashion.”

Feige is perfectly capable of diplomatic hyping (like the gushing over the BP cast:rolleyes:) but respect for the guy re being the face of the MCU etc. IMO what's good is no rumblings of stuff being re-shot or unhappiness beyond scheduling actors. Cast - with what little they can say - are very positive or outright enthusiastic.

Figure there will be an explosion of complaints LOL no matter what the Russos do:cool: but I'd be surprised if we don't end up w. 2 stellar movies.

PS. The rumor mill fired up when Stan Lee:

You can include Marvel icon Stan Lee in that group as well, but Lee went one better recently. Lee appeared this weekend at the Supanova Comic Con in Brisbane, Australia. ComicBook.com had an onsite reporter at the event when Stan Lee was asked if he would like to see a Black Widow movie, to which he replied: "One day there will be a Black Widow movie."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/11/stan-lee-teases-black-widow-movie/

Apparently he went on to say something to the effect that all the character will get solo movies. :dunno

Who knows - "one day" could mean 10 years from now".

Went to third and last theater viewing for me. Audience pretty tepid including an Indian? family w. half the women in headscarves and grandma I guess had to get up twice to amble someplace; and then the whole family started milling around during the mid-credit scene. Not to mention all the muttering so I guess someone making a futile attempt to explain things. I mean, some of them gasped when Banner transforms so I guess that was unexpected.:google

Oh well - 10 people x $12-17 + snacks = more $ for Disney.

Note to self: these movies are best seen opening week w. other comic fans:monkey3. Just wanted to see it one last time on a good screen in 3D. (The 3D Imax does make the JL and SW trailers look amazing too especially SW is magnificent IMO.)

So that's that 'cept I ordered the artbook which Amazon is releasing 11/14. Never thought I'd like this movie so much d@mmit.:cool: ALTHOUGH I don't need to see it for a bit now. A lot of the music for me is pretty *meh* and still think it's cheesy to use Immigrant Song twice. It seems to get cheesier to do that w. repeat views. Still a film I'll be happy about owning.

Went to third and last theater viewing for me. Audience pretty tepid including an Indian? family w. half the women in headscarves and grandma I guess had to get up twice to amble someplace.

Sounds like Granny had to poo in the loo.

Movie was entertaining. nothing amazing or astounding about it. Lots of funny moments and that valkyrie chick was hot. Idk I guess it's a nice warm up for IW. Also surprised no one is talking about the horrid CGI. Absolutely awful. The hela vs soldiers fight is like an updated version of the matrix reloaded fight with slightly better graphics. Looked like a ps2 game.

Sounds like Granny had to poo in the loo.

I guess and when you gotta go etc. Plus eating theater garbage. But I'd just seen the SW trailer and there's the movie and then this little silhouette with bowed head in a wrap ambles across like cosplay and then a few more get up to follow and they amble back and it happens again and meanwhile the kids with them don't get the film and I'm about to tell them all to shut it. But I don't because no-one was being a jerk, really. I've had worse audiences.

But IMO wouldn't take smaller kids to this. Or Granny.

Movie was entertaining. nothing amazing or astounding about it. Lots of funny moments and that valkyrie chick was hot. Idk I guess it's a nice warm up for IW. Also surprised no one is talking about the horrid CGI. Absolutely awful. The hela vs soldiers fight is like an updated version of the matrix reloaded fight with slightly better graphics. Looked like a ps2 game.

*Shrug* For me a lot of the "fighting" is so frenzied/comic book hard for me to follow. Some stuff IMO is really good like the Thor/Hulk fight. Thought Thor lit up with lightning was really good too. I look to other MCU movies for really great fight scenes - hopefully BP will be one of them.

Maybe on future viewings I'll notice it elsewhere, the only iffy CGI I noticed, and wondered how much was intentional, was the scenes in Norway with Odin, felt like 90s blue screen work.

It is a little concerning for IW only for the fact that I imagine a lot of CGI budget went to Hela, her dog, Hulk, etc. so some areas couldn't be that great, so what happens in IW when you have Hulk, Rocket, Groot, Iron Man, Hulk, Vision, Spiderman and who knows how many other actual characters who are fully or rely heavily on CGI to bring them to screen.

I'm still waiting for Marvel to make a movie that's as good or better than Winter Soldier. All of these other films have been good and entertaining, but nothing in the same caliber. Hoping IW, maybe even black panther will fulfill that spot.

I'm still waiting for Marvel to make a movie that's as good or better than Winter Soldier. All of these other films have been good and entertaining, but nothing in the same caliber. Hoping IW, maybe even black panther will fulfill that spot.

For me TWS and CW are "equal". Watch 'em back to back a lot of the time. Different dynamics in CW with more cast, different story; but the Russos still manage to have great performances and character interchanges I really appreciate. So happy the Russos are in charge of IW.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/11/11/paul-bettany-and-sebastian-stan-tease-avengers-infinity-war-at-rhode-island-comic-con/
Where is the trailer?

Bettany has seen a new trailer–on co-director Joe Russo’s phone. How does The Vision describe it? “Badass” and “amazing.”

“It’ll be out, everyone will love it,” Bettany said.

How do you sum up Infinity War in one word?

“Epic,” Stan said, “almost every scene is epic.”

Stan went on to explain that, while most Marvel movies build toward an epic third act, Infinity War will be epic from beginning to end.

Read someplace else [that what Stan means is], IW will have no "build-up scenes". Audiences will be pretty much just put into the movie scenes with no explaining the characters. Can't remember where I read that the thinking is these characters and their situations are known by now. I guess this is like Homecoming etc.

Fine by me. Meanwhile:
https://variety.com/2017/film/news/thor-ragnarok-worldwide-box-office-1202613093/
Disney-Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” has topped the $650 million milestone in worldwide grosses in less than three weeks.

The weekend saw the third Thor movie dominate the worldwide moviegoing business for a second consecutive weekend. It hit $75.9 million internationally to total $438.5 million with a take of $56.6 million domestically for a total of $211.6 million.

Globally, “Thor: Ragnarok” has already topped the lifetime totals of both 2011’s “Thor” ($449 million) and 2013’s “Thor: The Dark World” ($644 million). The international total has also eclipsed the earlier 2017 releases of Fox’s “Logan” at $391 million and Warner’ Bros.’ “Wonder Woman” at $409 million, to place it as the ninth biggest release of 2017 internationally.

I thought this movie was super fun and did exactly what it was supposed to do, which was to complete Thor's character arc going into Infinity War as one of the primary cosmic forces against the insane power that will be Thanos. It also had the single best super villain since Red Skull, and Hela is set up perfectly to eventually become Thanos' love interest and Achilles Heel. I also happened to love the "Planet Hulk" tie-in because it finally gave the Hulk more of a venue to develop his character and to show us how much of a force he's become and how valuable he'll be to the Avengers. It's all coming together very nicely.

Unfortunately, it's what DC and Warner will NEVER be able to accomplish with their complete lack of synergy. Justice League looks so ridiculous that I truly hope it marks the tragic box office end to the Sniderverse. What it's taken Marvel and Disney to accomplish in almost 20 films, they're trying to accomplish in exactly four films. And people wonder why it's complete ****. At least we got Wonder Woman out of that mess.

Can hela become something else when she dies? We saw her get crossed big time, but seriously ive been waiting for marvel to bring back the red skull, that ending in TFA, is ambiguous kind of like him getting transported to another dimension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back