Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has been a thrill to own for me. There are a few options if you want a 1/4 scale Thor. Personally, I like this Thor PF more than the OG PF and the XM Thor. It has a very dynamic sense of movement to me and the mixed media on this turned out incredible. I know some collectors don't care for his face or left hand but, they are both a non-issue for me. I love how this piece tuned out.

Yeah, this piece is still awesome. Really love mine. If anything, all the PFs I have are growing on me even more.

Has anyone made a swap out hand yet? I am interested in how it would look.

Even though I thought that arm was super gay when I ordered this...it's not near as bad in person. This is an awesome statue!!!! One of my favorites of all time.

Looking good! Don't forget his belt and strap that goes across his chest.

Haha! Thanks for reminding me. I was holding the two leather pieces and wasn't sure what they were about until I read your post. Yeah, looks better with them on

I still am not in love with the look of his left hand (but that's just me). Based on the comments in this thread, most folks seem to really like this statue. To me, that is what makes this hobby great - there is something for everyone.

That was literally the reason I held off from buying this statue at first. It wasn't the pose of the hand. I had no problem with it. I see quarterbacks do that all the time before they launch the ball. From those pictures, it was the size of it. It looked too big, almost 'swollen'

However, when I saw this in person, he looked flat out amazing. Beyond expectations. Pictures really don't do this piece justice.

Extremely happy with it and highly recommended.

I was putting something away a while back and managed to head-butt the leather strap on Thor's hammer. It snapped off, fell to the floor, and broke into two pieces.

What would you do?

I could have a pro fix it.

I could try to fix it myself.

I could start a WTB thread for a replacement hammer. Maybe someone is using the EX and would part with their hammer.

I could sell the statue at a deep discount and make room for some of the preorders coming up.

How would you handle it?

I was putting something away a while back and managed to head-butt the leather strap on Thor's hammer. It snapped off, fell to the floor, and broke into two pieces.

What would you do?

I could start a WTB thread for a replacement hammer. Maybe someone is using the EX and would part with their hammer.

I could sell the statue at a deep discount and make room for some of the preorders coming up.

How would you handle it?

Honestly, if you like the statue, get it fixed. The hand detaches and you can send it out in a fairly small box to someone and get it repaired. You can even display him with the sword until you get it back. If you know your going to sell it, you can just sell it as is and let someone else deal with it. I really LOVE this piece. It will be THE Thor statue to represent the character in my collection so I would definitely get it repaired. It shouldn't cost that much if you still have all the pieces. It's probably just a glue and repaint job on the strap. I guess it all boils down to how you feel about the statue and if you want to keep it or sell it off.

What would you do?

How would you handle it?

I say it's an opportunity to get crafty. I have this Pf and the Dark World PF. The strap on my DW Thor came broken, but it wasn't noticeable upon inspection. It's flimsy so when I touched it months later, I saw it was broken. I decided to go to the crafts store to find some leather/faux leather and see what I could do. I broke off and grinded down the rest of the original strap with a dremel and craft glued in place a faux leather strap. Looks sooooooo much better, though it is missing a bit of the coiled motion.

What would you do?

How would you handle it?

I would break the rest of it off and glue a small, real leather piece to it. Bam, premium format!

I'm not sure it did. I think after people got this they were so happy with it the demand kind of wilted. Also just noticed this statue is completely sold out. Not surprising.

I would break the rest of it off and glue a small, real leather piece to it. Bam, premium format!

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. Some of you guys are more crafty than I am. I'll probably see about having it fixed, but also throw up a wanted ad just to see if anyone wants to part with their hammer for a reasonable amount.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. Some of you guys are more crafty than I am. I'll probably see about having it fixed, but also throw up a wanted ad just to see if anyone wants to part with their hammer for a reasonable amount.

What you should do is directly correlated to how much you like the piece. If this is "THE THOR" for you get a replacement or professionally fixed.
If you don't care to have a Thor or not in love with this Thor sell it. If you want a Thor in your display but aren't crazy for the character repair this one DIY style or do what savage said and leather lol.

What you should do is directly correlated to how much you like the piece. If this is "THE THOR" for you get a replacement or professionally fixed.
If you don't care to have a Thor or not in love with this Thor sell it. If you want a Thor in your display but aren't crazy for the character repair this one DIY style or do what savage said and leather lol.

I love the piece. I haven't seen a Thor that I like better. The only drawback in terms of my collection is that of my 9 PFs, it's the only one that's not a museum pose, so it's a bit of an odd man out.

I love the piece. I haven't seen a Thor that I like better. The only drawback in terms of my collection is that of my 9 PFs, it's the only one that's not a museum pose, so it's a bit of an odd man out.

Hot headed Thor is always first into war. :wink1:

I'd contact Sideshow and explain what happened. Maybe they'll sell you a new hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd contact Sideshow and explain what happened. Maybe they'll sell you a new hammer
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually bought the statue off eBay. I contacted statue, and they were very nice, but they suggested that I contact the eBay seller and see if they'd contact their SS rep about it. I haven't done that because my impression was that the seller was just a collector, not a store with a SS rep.

That is a predicament. :gah:

Here's what I'm dealing with. At least I've got Catwoman interacting with him.

58D4ACBC-BF2C-4158-9F8A-4319F815CB2E_zpskmeiau7l.jpg

And here's poor Mjolnir...

BCD7BE27-81A9-4F63-AA45-79051349D3B3_zps2a8jyx7p.jpg

Back