Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have emailed to Sideshow on 3 Feb, they replied on 17 Feb that an exchange is possible, but haven't received any confirmation email from them ever since. :( What's happening?

Call them? Email them again? I'd be emailing them every 3 days at least.

Call them? Email them again? I'd be emailing them every 3 days at least.

They FINALLY replied & told me they do no have stocks for replacement. In the first place, from their email (which was 2/3 wks ago), then why ask me if I want a credit or a replacement?! This is their level of customer service.:slap

I'm utterly disappointed.

They FINALLY replied & told me they do no have stocks for replacement. In the first place, from their email (which was 2/3 wks ago), then why ask me if I want a credit or a replacement?! This is their level of customer service.:slap

Go higher up.

Many people do very well with sideshow and never have any issues. Unfortunately the side of sideshow you're getting is the side of them that I know. My last return to them was the Incredible Hulk Ex. I'm still disappointed I have no Hulk after waiting for one for so long. Call them though and highlight to them you have an email saying you could get a replacement. Make them see they did wrong and own up to it.

Is anyone worried about this guy leaning or breaking?

All of the weight of the statue pulls to the left (when looking at it). I don't remember the peg in the foot being very long. I only ask because I am worried about statues next to it.

Is anyone worried about this guy leaning or breaking?

All of the weight of the statue pulls to the left (when looking at it). I don't remember the peg in the foot being very long. I only ask because I am worried about statues next to it.

Shouldn't be a problem with the extra piece they gave for the base to correct his.

Shouldn't be a problem with the extra piece they gave for the base to correct his.

I don't mean the base tipping over. I mean the rod or the foot breaking. Similar to what is happening with Daredevil PF currently. I don't mean to cause panic, I next have a piece on the left and would hate for a spill to break two pieces.

I finally got around to unpacking this Thor EX as well as Machiko Noguchi. The Machiko appears to be pretty much flawless whereas there were quite a few issues with Thor and it has been days without any reply from Sideshow.

Although I love the way the cape looks, I cannot get over the iron-on buttons that are on the bottom portion of his "shirt". My two daughters don't really like the pose at all but thought it looked okay overall (until they saw it next to Machiko) and they thought the base was well done.

I'm so torn...I can't decide whether to keep this one (assuming they still have replacement parts at this late stage) or whether to send it back. Unfortunately a major part of the statue is missing so I cannot get a good feel for it. I know they'll never make one like this again...

Agreed on the "buttons". It really bothered me at first but now it doesn't even register unless I'm giving it a good look over....which isn't a daily occurrence. XM Thor is headed my way and no clue which I'll keep as my Thor.

The top four are sculpted and bottom two on the thighs are printed on the fabric.

Matches the source material.

olivier-coipel-thor10-30july2008.jpg

Good point and true, but doesn't mean it isn't irksome on the statue. Thanks for the reference photo.

I see your point. But it just wouldn't make sense. Getting whacked in the balls with a giant metal button while running or flying would piss me off as Thor hahahahahaha

I see your point. But it just wouldn't make sense. Getting whacked in the balls with a giant metal button while running or flying would piss me off as Thor hahahahahaha

I agree. No fun getting your nuts cracked by your own costume. :lol Everything about the tunic is perfect IMO. The use of mixed media on this piece is nothing short of awesome as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. No fun getting your nuts cracked by your own costume. :lol Everything about the tunic is perfect IMO. The use of mixed media on this piece is nothing short of awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Agree. The only thing I worry about is leaning overtime. And my tunic came creased down by his legs. Kinda sucked but not enough to return it haha

Back