Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the wonderful world of PAX. I got my entire xmen on 1 shelf.

Thanks. I knew about the PAX cabinets from IKEA but I thought they were only available in black and white. All of my other Besta cabinets and Detolfs are the natural wood color shown in Rulk's pics so I never picked one up because I didn't know they came in that color. I'm super excited now. I'll be heading off to Ikea this weekend and picking one up for my display room. Thanks again for your help.

Just received a notice from SSC that my final flex payment has been moved to Jan 5th. So, it looks like it's going to be a little while.

Just received a notice from SSC that my final flex payment has been moved to Jan 5th. So, it looks like it's going to be a little while.

I just shipped mine back this afternoon....

nangis.gif~c200

Guys, I spoke with William from Sideshow Collectibles. You might recognize him as the representative in that video of Stan Lee in awe of the new Spider-man Premium Format from SDCC 15. He cleared up a lot for me. I received a call from him after trying to explain my concern with this statue to a CS representative, Kristen.

One of the issues we discussed was why Sideshow have such a large credit to those returning statues. He explained that as a collector himself, the hardest thing he's ever had to do is "pack it back up". He said after having opened these pieces and adding to your collections, you guys should not have had to pack them back up, and that is why William personally recommended the $100 credit to you collectors. It's sideshows way of saying "sorry for making you have to say goodbye to it". Another thing I learned is that those of you who return your Thor statues will be helping sideshow incredibly. Sideshow is taking this statue, particularly the base back into what I would call a testing phase.

Sideshow is coordinating with the factories to decide on one of many solutions they have come up with to solve the leaning problem. They aren't going to pick the cheapest option, they are going to pick which ever option is best for the collector. Although we did not go in to details about which "repairs" they had to decide from, William did let me know that the current hope is that this is finished and heading into our homes within get 2-4 months. He said those dates aren't set in stone, they could easily be pushed back longer. William really made it clear to me that he was personally overseeing this project (all the way to completion), and to certain that if the date does get pushed back, it is only because Sideshow is still striving to bring us the best possible product they can.

This phone call really put me at ease with future releases. Not for one second during this phone call did I not believe what William was telling me. It has become obvious that Sideshow is entirely focused on the collector. I can't wait to receive my Thor after talking to William today, and I hope he has more influence and lead on projects to come.

I know that must have been hard. However, at least you got a $100 worth of rewards points to ease your pain.
It was but after I had a Conversation with Michael in returns I think it will be okay and yeah the rewards are a nice thing to say sorry with.
Guys, I spoke with William from Sideshow Collectibles. You might recognize him as the representative in that video of Stan Lee in awe of the new Spider-man Premium Format from SDCC 15. He cleared up a lot for me. I received a call from him after trying to explain my concern with this statue to a CS representative, Kristen.

One of the issues we discussed was why Sideshow have such a large credit to those returning statues. He explained that as a collector himself, the hardest thing he's ever had to do is "pack it back up". He said after having opened these pieces and adding to your collections, you guys should not have had to pack them back up, and that is why William personally recommended the $100 credit to you collectors. It's sideshows way of saying "sorry for making you have to say goodbye to it". Another thing I learned is that those of you who return your Thor statues will be helping sideshow incredibly. Sideshow is taking this statue, particularly the base back into what I would call a testing phase.

Sideshow is coordinating with the factories to decide on one of many solutions they have come up with to solve the leaning problem. They aren't going to pick the cheapest option, they are going to pick which ever option is best for the collector. Although we did not go in to details about which "repairs" they had to decide from, William did let me know that the current hope is that this is finished and heading into our homes within get 2-4 months. He said those dates aren't set in stone, they could easily be pushed back longer. William really made it clear to me that he was personally overseeing this project (all the way to completion), and to certain that if the date does get pushed back, it is only because Sideshow is still striving to bring us the best possible product they can.

This phone call really put me at ease with future releases. Not for one second during this phone call did I not believe what William was telling me. It has become obvious that Sideshow is entirely focused on the collector. I can't wait to receive my Thor after talking to William today, and I hope he has more influence and lead on projects to come.
back_to_formula_can_someone_add_text-39307.gif

j/k It is good to know they're correcting it.

Its the "back to formula" gif from Spider-man...you said they were going back to testing.

... I'm very disappointed I didn't get that reference. I should have... In a heartbeat.

I need some time to myself guys.

William is a nice guy. I've spoken to him at least 10 times before. He's always reassuring yet they still could never ship me an intact Wonder Woman hair piece haha. I trust a Sideshow will go with the cheapest option. If they go with a more expensive option I hope they don't redesign the base to look bad! I just don't get it, they've had almost 2 years to test this base. But they are doing the right thing about it so far!

William is a nice guy. I've spoken to him at least 10 times before. He's always reassuring yet they still could never ship me an intact Wonder Woman hair piece haha. I trust a Sideshow will go with the cheapest option. If they go with a more expensive option I hope they don't redesign the base to look bad! I just don't get it, they've had almost 2 years to test this base. But they are doing the right thing about it so far!

Yeah, I hope they don't change too much. It's also unfortunate that not having received the statue before the delay means those collectors get nothing for their time and have to hope the changes are better for the statue, while seeing no extra benefit for the change as those who already received it are.

I just tried to drop off the shipment to be sent back to SideShow at FedEx, and the FedEx employee told me that the pre-paid label is for domestic shipments, not international ones...

Great. What now? I emailed William and he's out of the office until the 17th. >_<

I just tried to drop off the shipment to be sent back to SideShow at FedEx, and the FedEx employee told me that the pre-paid label is for domestic shipments, not international ones...

Great. What now? I emailed William and he's out of the office until the 17th. >_<

Try to get a hold of anyone in returns, Michael is a nice guy. Just explain the situation. I'm sure they'll have another resolution in place.

Last night a few of my friends were over and one goes "hey wheres that Thor you were talking about?" I told him about the lean and what SS is doing and that I probably won't get it till next year. Without hesitation he goes "thats really good. Better to get it 100% then have it fall over or something. That company really cares." I agreed but in my head I kinda laughed at how people gripe about it on here. I just wanted to share.

Back