Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this Bling guy for real? Your telling me that you constantly switch all of your displays to include every piece that the item ships with?

Also, your logic is that we should make bad business and money investment decisions because people were slow on the trigger and missed out on the ex. I'm going to say this as politely as possible, gtfo of here with this nonsense. Nobody knows what's going to happen down the line, what if you absolutely have to sell your statues to survive? What if you only sell Thor to buy a new thor sideshow does in 5 years?

Haha. I've never been so dumbfounded by one statement in my entire life.

He/she sounds like a troll, IMO. I think their initial question was leading, based on their reply to the answer they got.

Maybe they just had a bad day. :lol

"Hello sir, would you like to buy this exclusive corvette or the regular version, the exclusive comes with a an interchangeable American flag rag top. They are the same price sir. There are one 5000 of the exclusives made while there are 200000 of the regulars made. Yes sir, the exclusives do retain their values over time." - salesman

"No thank you sir, I will take the regular and gladly lose money in the end. Good day" -Bling

"Hello sir, would you like to buy this exclusive corvette or the regular version, the exclusive comes with a an interchangeable American flag rag top. They are the same price sir. There are one 5000 of the exclusives made while there are 200000 of the regulars made. Yes sir, the exclusives do retain their values over time." - salesman

"No thank you sir, I will take the regular and gladly lose money in the end. Good day" -Bling

That's pretty much how I think most of us interpreted it. :lol

Just from a common sense stand point, it doesn't make much sense in my opinion. Or rather than going for the regular and passing up an Exclusive, why not purchase the Exclusive and sell it at cost to someone who deserves it?

Because there's more than just 'deserving people' out there who want the Exclusive.

That's pretty much how I think most of us interpreted it. :lol

Just from a common sense stand point, it doesn't make much sense in my opinion. Or rather than going for the regular and passing up an Exclusive, why not purchase the Exclusive and sell it at cost to someone who deserves it?

Because there's more than just 'deserving people' out there who want the Exclusive.

Exactly. If his logic were sound, he should be willing to give up all of his "90% of sideshows pfs" to someone that "wants them more than him". So, I'll take your exclusive grey hulk bling. I want it more than you so I am entitled to it...

Exactly. If his logic were sound, he should be willing to give up all of his "90% of sideshows pfs" to someone that "wants them more than him". So, I'll take your exclusive grey hulk bling. I want it more than you so I am entitled to it...

clint-eastwood-nodding.gif

I think it's only natural for collectors to want the Exclusive, just because of the fact that it's more exclusive. I plan on displaying mine interchangeably - sword then Mjolnir then back again. I like both options.

And why would someone NOT order the Exclusive over the Regular when: 1.) it's the same price, 2.) you know you'll have multiple display options (and even if you don't 'like' it now, trust me....you'll at least try it out.) 3.) it'll hold its value better if and when you want to sell.

And I'm a prime example here. I got on the WL about 5 -6 days ago-ish. It converted about 2 days later. So people who said they couldn't get one must have REALLY waited and procrastinated because this thing is literally about to ship.

If it didn't convert, I wouldn't feel anger, frustration, etc. towards those that did get it and DON'T display the Ex. Sword. You snooze, you loose. It sucks when you start to like the piece down the road and have to pay more, but MOST SSC pieces nowadays don't just jump price overnight, meaning you can resort to eBay - pay a minimal premium - and get the same piece. You'd have plenty of time to get the piece - so what if you have to pay an extra 30 - 40$. You're already paying $400-$500 and if that's 'breaking the bank' then probably not a smart hobby to be in. If anything, the whole idea curbs my spending habits for the better, TBH. I can't buy everything I want, but then again if I did, my collection would look like a cluster-fest, the opposite of my end goal.

I don't really feel like I have to explain or owe other collectors anything when it comes to me spending my money for something I want. We all have to enter this hobby at some point. I paid my dues way back when having to buy sold out pieces for a higher cost. It's just how it is. If people expect others to 'watch their backs' and move over to allow them to by an Exclusive that commands more attention, etc., then this may not be the hobby for them because if and when it does happen, don't expect it to occur consistently.

And this isn't directed at anyone, just throwing my thoughts out there.

Is this Bling guy for real? Your telling me that you constantly switch all of your displays to include every piece that the item ships with?

Also, your logic is that we should make bad business and money investment decisions because people were slow on the trigger and missed out on the ex. I'm going to say this as politely as possible, gtfo of here with this nonsense. Nobody knows what's going to happen down the line, what if you absolutely have to sell your statues to survive? What if you only sell Thor to buy a new thor sideshow does in 5 years?

Haha. I've never been so dumbfounded by one statement in my entire life.

I dont know what his deal is but there is so much fail in what he said that I am just going to move on. No need to try and rationalize or justify anything guys because we all get it we are in the hobby he is the one with an issue.

I think it was chap I may be wrong that said how this Thor and Cap (allied charge) base look like they are from the same structure. How awesome would it be if IM had a similar base and they all kind of linked ?

I dont know what his deal is but there is so much fail in what he said that I am just going to move on. No need to try and rationalize or justify anything guys because we all get it we are in the hobby he is the one with an issue.

I think it was chap I may be wrong that said how this Thor and Cap (allied charge) base look like they are from the same structure. How awesome would it be if IM had a similar base and they all kind of linked ?

That was me! They are the same color! I think they look like they could be from the same building. I think it'd serve ironman and the collection better if his base matched the Hulk pf.

That guy doesn't have a single post in the statue forum, and yet his first is to bash other people. What a tool. He claims to have all these PFs coming, and yet hasn't discussed them once. :rotfl

Back