Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up the last one of these today at the Disney Store for $25

The legends discontinued figure goes for $100

Highlight of my day, plus i found a MS movie antman 7" figure that really does look like Paul Rudd

Even with the ****** exchange rate they kept prices the same more or less

There will probably be lots of conversions on Thor if the ES on the EX is a glitch like the EX doom PF. :lol

I'm actually surprised at the ES for the EX. Would thought it would have been much larger than what it was.

IMO, Thor's popularity>>>>Doom popularity. (And look at Doom's ES.)

Picked up the last one of these today at the Disney Store for $25

The legends discontinued figure goes for $100

Highlight of my day, plus i found a MS movie antman 7" figure that really does look like Paul Rudd

Even with the ****** exchange rate they kept prices the same more or less

There were a bunch of these Hulkbusters & Ant-Man's at my Disney Store yesterday.
Big Bad Toys also has them In Stock.

Been absent from this board for awhile but I came to check on all the craziness that's been going on. I'm amazed at how many different pieces SSC are shipping out at the same time. I've got about 90% of their PF's on order so it looks like July/August are going to hit my account hard. But enough about me, I have an IMPORTANT question for you all:

To those who ordered the Thor EX (only EX), are you going to just put the sword hand on to take a quick look and some pictures then put Mjölnir on? Or did you "collectors" actually buy the EX to display Thor with the sword because it will be different and awesome?

Got the Ex just to have option and the same price anyway but no way is he going to display that silly sword.

Thanks for making my point. Sure it's the same price but if you don't like the EX piece, why wouldn't you pass, get the regular and let someone who appreciates it have the spot? Oh wait I already know the answer, "because it's the exclusive". Lol, hoarders.

Thanks for making my point. Sure it's the same price but if you don't like the EX piece, why wouldn't you pass, get the regular and let someone who appreciates it have the spot? Oh wait I already know the answer, "because it's the exclusive". Lol, hoarders.
Didnt realize it was our misson in life to make someone else happy. Nice try though. Maybe you should go back on vacation.

Didnt realize it was our misson in life to make someone else happy. Nice try though. Maybe you should go back on vacation.

My thoughts exactly. And I wasn't "trying" anything, just proving how disgustingly greedy and thoughtless 99% of "collectors" are. If flippers are the pond-scum of the world then that mentality is the pond itself.

so we're going to be that guy are we?

Yes, but only if you have some type of restraint and selflessness built into you. I own a nice collection and have passed on plenty of EX pieces not because I was late but because I didn't think it added anything to the piece. Speaking of... Peace out brothers and sisters!

Been absent from this board for awhile but I came to check on all the craziness that's been going on. I'm amazed at how many different pieces SSC are shipping out at the same time. I've got about 90% of their PF's on order so it looks like July/August are going to hit my account hard. But enough about me, I have an IMPORTANT question for you all:

To those who ordered the Thor EX (only EX), are you going to just put the sword hand on to take a quick look and some pictures then put Mjölnir on? Or did you "collectors" actually buy the EX to display Thor with the sword because it will be different and awesome?

Firstly it is nice to have something which is a little more special, and secondly it is good to know that I'd you EVER have to sell th piece will most likely have retained its value.

Yes, but only if you have some type of restraint and selflessness built into you. I own a nice collection and have passed on plenty of EX pieces not because I was late but because I didn't think it added anything to the piece. Speaking of... Peace out brothers and sisters!

I think people who are in this hobby already threw restraint out the window a loooong time ago. We're here because we want!!!

My thoughts exactly. And I wasn't "trying" anything, just proving how disgustingly greedy and thoughtless 99% of "collectors" are. If flippers are the pond-scum of the world then that mentality is the pond itself.

I open this thread to this non sense, Some jackass acting high and mighty on a crusade to "prove" how 99% of collectors are thoughtless. I find this man to be truly a sad individual. When I think for a second what would motivate someone to get on their computer and take the time to go on a web site then click into a thread and ask a question and wait for an answer from 99% of collectors to then tell those people they are the pond (which doesn't make sense but we won't get into that) because what we choose to spend our money on. Wow just wow. I do feel bad for you sir. I hope you get the help you need.

Not that I agree with this guy at all, but the one related thing I really don't understand is people who pass on a piece they like because they can't get an EX even if they don't like the EX. Yes, I know people like this.

I think it's only natural for collectors to want the Exclusive, just because of the fact that it's more exclusive. I plan on displaying mine interchangeably - sword then Mjolnir then back again. I like both options.

And why would someone NOT order the Exclusive over the Regular when: 1.) it's the same price, 2.) you know you'll have multiple display options (and even if you don't 'like' it now, trust me....you'll at least try it out.) 3.) it'll hold its value better if and when you want to sell.

And I'm a prime example here. I got on the WL about 5 -6 days ago-ish. It converted about 2 days later. So people who said they couldn't get one must have REALLY waited and procrastinated because this thing is literally about to ship.

If it didn't convert, I wouldn't feel anger, frustration, etc. towards those that did get it and DON'T display the Ex. Sword. You snooze, you loose. It sucks when you start to like the piece down the road and have to pay more, but MOST SSC pieces nowadays don't just jump price overnight, meaning you can resort to eBay - pay a minimal premium - and get the same piece. You'd have plenty of time to get the piece - so what if you have to pay an extra 30 - 40$. You're already paying $400-$500 and if that's 'breaking the bank' then probably not a smart hobby to be in. If anything, the whole idea curbs my spending habits for the better, TBH. I can't buy everything I want, but then again if I did, my collection would look like a cluster-fest, the opposite of my end goal.

I don't really feel like I have to explain or owe other collectors anything when it comes to me spending my money for something I want. We all have to enter this hobby at some point. I paid my dues way back when having to buy sold out pieces for a higher cost. It's just how it is. If people expect others to 'watch their backs' and move over to allow them to by an Exclusive that commands more attention, etc., then this may not be the hobby for them because if and when it does happen, don't expect it to occur consistently.

And this isn't directed at anyone, just throwing my thoughts out there.

Is this Bling guy for real? Your telling me that you constantly switch all of your displays to include every piece that the item ships with?

Also, your logic is that we should make bad business and money investment decisions because people were slow on the trigger and missed out on the ex. I'm going to say this as politely as possible, gtfo of here with this nonsense. Nobody knows what's going to happen down the line, what if you absolutely have to sell your statues to survive? What if you only sell Thor to buy a new thor sideshow does in 5 years?

Haha. I've never been so dumbfounded by one statement in my entire life.

Back