Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people are actually hitting breaking point now though price wise. SS should start taking note because I'm not hearing "I can't afford it" but "I can't justify the price" which is how I'm starting to feel. A lot of us are saying the same thing now, let's get them last few characters I want & call it a day. It's a shame because I would love to carry on but I have other hobbies as well & I don't want all my spare money going into just one hobby.

I think people are actually hitting breaking point now though price wise. SS should start taking note because I'm not hearing "I can't afford it" but "I can't justify the price" which is how I'm starting to feel. A lot of us are saying the same thing now, let's get them last few characters I want & call it a day. It's a shame because I would love to carry on but I have other hobbies as well & I don't want all my spare money going into just one hobby.

Now is a definite opportunity for another company to come in to the market...if they can produce a quality product at a bit more affordable price, they could probably take a bit Sideshow's sales. As you said, people don't necessarily "want" out, but they have to get out due to rising costs.

The kotobukiya fine art stats are great value and reasonably priced , better characters aswell instead of the same old same old

@Bmutha

That's why I laugh at Console fanboys when they keep hoping there rival will fail & die off. You need competition to keep prices & QC competitive. For us collectors that would be the best thing that could happen

The kotobukiya fine art stats are great value and reasonably priced , better characters aswell instead of the same old same old

I will look into them eventually. I loved the Spider-Man they did. I really hope they make a Symbiote Version of it & that'll be an Instant buy for me.

I had about 8 of the Kotobukiyas .... all of the Danger Room series and a few others. I just like 1/4 scale more. If Koto was to do 1/4 scale I would definitely collect them. I love the Sosa sculpts!!! Hulk, Juggy and Spidey/Venom they just don't fit in my collection.

:exactly::goodpost: Completely agree with this.

That's basically what I'm going thorough right now.

Those year long delays are getting tiresome too...

Now is a definite opportunity for another company to come in to the market...if they can produce a quality product at a bit more affordable price, they could probably take a bit Sideshow's sales. As you said, people don't necessarily "want" out, but they have to get out due to rising costs.

Honestly, this is where PCS could step up their game if they were a bit more organized. Looks like they just got a few new licenses but what really need is something huge like a Marvel Comics or one of the Big film frabchise licenses to get more attention. But, of course they probably won't

:exactly::goodpost: Completely agree with this.

That's basically what I'm going thorough right now.

Those year long delays are getting tiresome too...

Tell me about it, I'm still waiting for my Batman PF :impatient: :gah:

Honestly, this is where PCS could step up their game if they were a bit more organized. Looks like they just got a few new licenses but what really need is something huge like a Marvel Comics or one of the Big film frabchise licenses to get more attention. But, of course they probably won't

I've only ever owned one of there pieces (Judge Dredd) but it was awesome.

The problem with PCS is they seem like quite a small company. If they could get some investment & get there products out on time they would be right up there. Gentle Giant I would love to see pick up the Marvel Comic licence in 1/4

There's always XM Studios...

Oh, wait...You did say affordable?

Tell me about it, I'm still waiting for my Batman PF :impatient: :gah:

I've only ever owned one of there pieces (Judge Dredd) but it was awesome.

The problem with PCS is they seem like quite a small company. If they could get some investment & get there products out on time they would be right up there. Gentle Giant I would love to see pick up the Marvel Comic licence in 1/4

Yeah each of the other companies that could be directly competitive with Sideshow all suffer from a major flaw that keeps them from being that next company on the market:

PCS - Organizational issues and an undermanned workforce in the R&D

Gentle Giant - IMO they're paint(Paint Design/Color Theory over actual application) has suffered in recent years. It's not what it used to be, this is easily fixable though.

Koto - They're fine art line is a step in the right Direction, my issue is they only seem to have one sculptor that's worth it and even so they're facial sculpts need work.

Any of the three could fix their issues and make a splash...question is, which one wants to tangle with the Sideshow monster?

Yeah each of the other companies that could be directly competitive with Sideshow all suffer from a major flaw that keeps them from being that next company on the market:

PCS - Organizational issues and an undermanned workforce in the R&D

Gentle Giant - IMO they're paint(Paint Design/Color Theory over actual application) has suffered in recent years. It's not what it used to be, this is easily fixable though.

Koto - They're fine art line is a step in the right Direction, my issue is they only seem to have one sculptor that's worth it and even so they're facial sculpts need work.

Any of the three could fix their issues and make a splash...question is, which one wants to tangle with the Sideshow monster?

Great points man, I'd love to see PCS step up their game but their more recent releases seem to be coming out on time. Not a fan of GG almost bought a few SW maquettes though. Koto, I used to buy a few PVCs from them. Considered buying their Spidey and Venom (amazing pieces) but just like everyone else I wanted a bigger scale. I think SS probably has major pull politically speaking in this line of work.

Sent from the Bat Computer

Even without competition, I do think SSC will eventually go too far with their prices. I find that at around $300-350, I was very comfortable. At $400, I am a bit annoyed but still willing to dish for a major character that I have to have. I don't like paying more unless it's Hulk or something very large. I think once regular PF prices hit $450 or more for regular sized characters, I'm done...maybe one character a year.

Great points man, I'd love to see PCS step up their game but their more recent releases seem to be coming out on time. Not a fan of GG almost bought a few SW maquettes though. Koto, I used to buy a few PVCs from them. Considered buying their Spidey and Venom (amazing pieces) but just like everyone else I wanted a bigger scale. I think SS probably has major pull politically speaking in this line of work.

Even without competition, I do think SSC will eventually go too far with their prices. I find that at around $300-350, I was very comfortable. At $400, I am a bit annoyed but still willing to dish for a major character that I have to have. I don't like paying more unless it's Hulk or something very large. I think once regular PF prices hit $450 or more for regular sized characters, I'm done...maybe one character a year.

I agree. That's how it works, they raise and raise and raise until no one buys. Then lower it until people buy again. All businesses do it.

But I personally think SS is easily the highest quality.

I only buy batman from Koto, and only if it's something pretty cool. PCS's sculpts are really nice and they're prices are generally good(Between $300-$350) but for such a small company to already have huge delays and not have a big license to draw people in is such a shame. Gentle Giant is doing better on their movie Licenses, I dig the new Black Widow and the Artemisia, but their prices are just as bad and sometimes worse than Sideshow and they don't bother sculpting the base. And GG's prices on the Honeytrap statues was a joke.

I wouldn't doubt that Sideshow has pull but there has to be a way to squeak in some how.

I only buy batman from Koto, and only if it's something pretty cool. PCS's sculpts are really nice and they're prices are generally good(Between $300-$350) but for such a small company to already have huge delays and not have a big license to draw people in is such a shame. Gentle Giant is doing better on their movie Licenses, I dig the new Black Widow and the Artemisia, but their prices are just as bad and sometimes worse than Sideshow and they don't bother sculpting the base. And GG's prices on the Honeytrap statues was a joke.

I wouldn't doubt that Sideshow has pull but there has to be a way to squeak in some how.

Sounds like we can thank GG for some price boosts too. Because if I was sideshow and saw a lower quality product charging the same if not more for less (no sculpted base) then I would bump prices too.

Sounds like we can thank GG for some price boosts too. Because if I was sideshow and saw a lower quality product charging the same if not more for less (no sculpted base) then I would bump prices too.

:lol Go to their website and look at the prices on the Honeytrap line. There were people singing it's praises too, couldn't believe what I was seeing. :rotfl

Back