Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not going to buy from my LCS. My LCS doesn't carry SSC product. Not enough of a profit margin for him to bother carrying SSC merch. I'll just get him from an online retailer or off the bay after he's released. No hurry on this since the EX isn't anything I would display. I'll probably wait to see in hand pics just to make sure there are no QC issues with the piece.

Yeah the profit margin blows, I run a store in Ft Lauderdale and we carry Sideshow products, we sell most of it on pre order and let our customers pay them off over time. We don't make much, but I still like being able to offer that for our customers.

Well, I broke down and ordered the EX PF from SSC. I figured I'd just pick up the REG from an e-retailer at a discount but with a $20 off code and the $22 in reward points from SSC... it just made sense to order the EX direct. I doubt I'll be able to pick up the REG anywhere else for less than $400. SSC's shipping charges are usually much better than they are from ADs as well. The Ex was a no-brainer for me at that price.

Big thanks to Collectorcol. He mentioned the coupon in another thread and that was the extra push that sealed the deal for me. For anyone who's interested, the code is May4th14.

Congrats filip. I ordered this day one, love it

Congrats filip. I ordered this day one, love it
I love it as well . The only thing that stopped me from POing day 1 was the lackluster EX and the price increase. The $20 coupon combined with the rewards points finally got me to pull the trigger. It's a great looking statue.

I love it as well . The only thing that stopped me from POing day 1 was the lackluster EX and the price increase. The $20 coupon combined with the rewards points finally got me to pull the trigger. It's a great looking statue.

Hmm coupon works on this but not hulk ex

Last edited:
Well, I broke down and ordered the EX PF from SSC. I figured I'd just pick up the REG from an e-retailer at a discount but with a $20 off code and the $22 in reward points from SSC... it just made sense to order the EX direct. I doubt I'll be able to pick up the REG anywhere else for less than $400. SSC's shipping charges are usually much better than they are from ADs as well. The Ex was a no-brainer for me at that price.

Big thanks to Collectorcol. He mentioned the coupon in another thread and that was the extra push that sealed the deal for me. For anyone who's interested, the code is May4th14.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just used the code to order the ex as well. I liked him but hesitated because of the price.

Yeah I felt this was getting harsh criticism but everything seems to now. Still it'll sell out & be sought after in time, I wasn't around when the original Thor PF 1st got announced but apparently that was getting a lot of criticism according to some of the old school collectors & try buying one of them now.

That's not very much.

The Ex. will be sought after for sure. If I didn't already have the first version, I'd be all over this. (Heck, I kinda think this one looks better, to be honest.)

Happy with the ES and glad I ordered. now hopefully he takes at least a year before release. Im slammed with orders right now.

I ordered this one last week after I made peace with the head sculpt. :) although the pose is a little bit "out there", I don't foresee SSC using this pose again in the future so it may be somewhat unique.

That's not very much.

The Ex. will be sought after for sure. If I didn't already have the first version, I'd be all over this. (Heck, I kinda think this one looks better, to be honest.)

I think the cloth and face sculpt is better on this, I think the pose on the original is very cool though.

This is a win-win for me. I never cared for the original PF and think this one looks AWESOME. The new PFs head sculpt is amazing and detailed, the materials used on his costume look much better than the original, and I think the new pose ROCKS. The old PF just looked a little too much like a pudgy WWE wrestler with a hammer to me. I realize a lot of collectors like the original PF but it just never did anything for me personally.

I like the new one and the Classic PF...I think the face sculpt(prefer the beard) on the original is great.
Both have strong and weak points but they are both excellent imo.

thorpf_zps7fb70e6c.jpg

300177-thor-010.jpg

Last edited:
This is a win-win for me. I never cared for the original PF and think this one looks AWESOME. The new PFs head sculpt is amazing and detailed, the materials used on his costume look much better than the original, and I think the new pose ROCKS. The old PF just looked a little too much like a pudgy WWE wrestler with a hammer to me. I realize a lot of collectors like the original PF but it just never did anything for me personally.

Thats exactly how I felt when the original came out. I even saw him at sdcc before release and that he was awkwardly chunky

Back