Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol... You didn't get banned for posting the pic you got banned for ridiculing the mods decision to take it down. No a smart move to do when all they have to do is hit a button to take you out. Now I love the pic and think it is hilarious, but swinging at a mod wasnt smart m8.

Guys were taking pot shots at the mods... They put their foot down. If you think the same wouldn't happen here try mouthing off to ink, or Snoops, or any other mod, and see what happens. I for one have a better sense of self preservation though.

Oh come on spidey, all he posted was "Rediculous" in reply to an overzealous mod. That is hardly taking a pot shot at anyone. Then they went bad cop/bad cop for the next several posts repeating each other.

Better sense of self preservation...Yeah...It would be a darn tragedy not to be able to post on a message board with my current board name (illconceived at the time, I so wan't to be known as Sir Loin).

Statues will problems get released all the time. It's the denial or failure to rectify the issue that's the failing. CM Vader, Engineer, Vision, Predator 2, Thor, Bullseye, Iceman... It's the refusal to make changes and butt hurt defensive denial of fanboys like SF and manufacturers that makes me shake my head. Art is subjective, but when it's painfully obvious that there is a scale and or pose problem with a statue and nothing gets done about it the manufacturer deserves to have that release rot in a warehouse.

I don't have an issue with the pose, capturing Motion in a static medium isn't easy. And while some of the people on this site constantly complain that they only get museum poses it's times like this where they do something different that people charge out and complain that this or that isn't exactly how they would have liked it. Well these aren't made to order for the individual, so either you like it or you pass on it.

I can sit here and diagram how the motion of the statue is working, show you athelete's in similar poses that are off balance as they try to make a manuever but it doesn't really matter that I can give you factual evidence about the pose, because you still won't like it.

So don't buy.

I personally do not see anything wrong with the left hand, arm and throwing position. I used to do shotput and javelin in high school. Everyone was a little different

xinsrc_07208052120394371952615.jpg

47659_full-lnd.jpg

To me the belt up looks great

Really looks like he is aiming to chuck mjolnir here

300177-thor-005.jpg

300177-thor-007.jpg

I think the EX doesn't work and makes the pose really goofy. But who cares, we wouldn't replace mjolnir anyways. I did think the right leg should have been behind (and I am afraid I started that debate) but he may just still be running and about to take one last step.

I think once this is in hand, a lot of people will love it. I still prefer the Classic but I am a big Thor fan and this will fit nicely among my other statues.

This is Odin Force Thor! Made Iron Man look like an ant!

2798645-thor_3_dcp_0016.jpg

Snad, I think your pictures actually make the point that is messing people up. In that pose, he looks the most natural from the side/behind as you see the action in motion. Head on its a bit more of a confused look.

Lol... You didn't get banned for posting the pic you got banned for ridiculing the mods decision to take it down. No a smart move to do when all they have to do is hit a button to take you out. Now I love the pic and think it is hilarious, but swinging at a mod wasnt smart m8.

Guys were taking pot shots at the mods... They put their foot down. If you think the same wouldn't happen here try mouthing off to ink, or Snoops, or any other mod, and see what happens. I for one have a better sense of self preservation though.
seriously ?
i posted the pic (with a laughing smiley face beside it)
he warned me for "derogatory" comments...which i didn't make
i told him i found the pic to be funny...and that there was obviously no sense of humour allowed on the site
commented that his stance was ridiculous (which it was)

was banned

i NEVER took a "pot-shot" at any mod
and what you call "self preservation" i call opinion

seriously ?
i posted the pic (with a laughing smiley face beside it)
he warned me for "derogatory" comments...which i didn't make
i told him i found the pic to be funny...and that there was obviously no sense of humour allowed on the site
commented that his stance was ridiculous (which it was)

was banned

i NEVER took a "pot-shot" at any mod
and what you call "self preservation" i call opinion

So...It was more than just posting a picture.

Classic Punisher PF got the same response (pose, price, ex) and the people that got him loved it, I think this'll be similar.

I think the lack of the beaten to a pulp COH deflated interest in Classic Punisher. That and he came up amid a flurry of other activity. Just flew uder the radar. So did Comic Black Widow for that matter.

But there were no qualms about the statue itself. This is a different bird. I agree with the criticisms, they just don't bother me as much.

I didn't say anything about 'pot-shots'.
All I'm saying is we were told he got banned for posting a picture but he wasn't.
The picture got removed and he didn't like it. Sounds like he would still be there if he just accepted it.
Mods & Admin remove what they feel isn't appropriate, pointless arguing. We all know where that's going to lead.

Anyway...Thor...

I think the lack of the beaten to a pulp COH deflated interest in Classic Punisher. That and he came up amid a flurry of other activity. Just flew uder the radar. So did Comic Black Widow for that matter.

But there were no qualms about the statue itself. This is a different bird. I agree with the criticisms, they just don't bother me as much.

Well, if people are gonna get upset about something they were never promised, there's not a lot that can be done about that. And there's always a lot going on with SS, to much sometimes. Even I'll admit the ex on puniser wasn't great, but the effeminate comments are there, price, ex... Same thing. That and the fact that all new releases will always get compared to previous ones.

Classic Punisher PF got the same response (pose, price, ex) and the people that got him loved it, I think this'll be similar.

I do remember that, and I'm very happy that I ordered one. Even sold my Punisher com partly thanks to the new PF. As for Modern Thor, I'm once again in it from the start and have to say it feels odd being on the other side of a pose preference. I still hate the pose on the Venom com and for Thanos as well, both are completely unnatural.

And could a mod please delete all this chatter about some whiny little crap happening on an entirely different website? It really is tiresome to skip past all the drama to discuss the awesomeness that is Thor.

Just got banned for posting this pic over at the other forum

Excuse me sir. That is not true. They asked you to not post those sort of things because it might have offended the artist and you were trying to argue your case and were also being rude about it. Someone else also made a homophobic statement regarding it so they took it down. They also stated clearly that you were banned (for a week I believe) not for the picture but for your rude comments afterwards with not working with the mods. Let's keep our stories straight here..

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

I'm super tempted on this statue now that PO is up... Thor is my favorite Avenger and favorite comic book character that isnt a Mutant. I'll probably wait til after I see it in person at SDCC but I feel like I'll most likely get it.

I'm super tempted on this statue now that PO is up... Thor is my favorite Avenger and favorite comic book character that isnt a Mutant. I'll probably wait til after I see it in person at SDCC but I feel like I'll most likely get it.

There is no NRD on the bundle.

I think this piece would be less controversially if they would of just put his left leg forward instead of his right, it would of been more of a natural position (IE: like a pitcher throwing a ball), one can argue the pose is taken in the middle of running and throwing at the same time but why make customers try to justify an awkward looking pose.

Excuse me sir. That is not true. They asked you to not post those sort of things because it might have offended the artist and you were trying to argue your case and were also being rude about it. Someone else also made a homophobic statement regarding it so they took it down. They also stated clearly that you were banned (for a week I believe) not for the picture but for your rude comments afterwards with not working with the mods. Let's keep our stories straight here..
Thankyou.
As I wasn't there and was going off what Spidey said would seem my judgement was right.

They also stated clearly that you were banned (for a week I believe) not for the picture but for your rude comments afterwards with not working with the mods. Let's keep our stories straight here..

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
this is clearly laughable^...and my story is "straight"

smh

moving on...glad to be here where people have a sense of humor

and for the record...

when i first saw this piece i was truly impressed...really liked it...i had been waiting for a Modern take on Thor for a number of years...the left hand threw me off a bit but the more i looked at it the more i liked it...i was planning on selling my original PF and buying this one (Reg, cause the Ex makes no sense to me)...that is until i saw the price...imo, it's not justified

so it's a pass

Back