Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also dislike the sword. I wasn't a huge thor fan until recently when I read the straczynski run, and marvel now thor (especially the god butcher arc) so I'm not as opinionated on this piece as some.

Same, I have not grown up with Thor and only just recently got into it. Just couldn't pass up a comic modern Thor.

Haha, i think he is queuing up a massive fart. :rotfl

79NOr.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Damn! Felt that one. Josh yesterday and now Temek today :thud: :lol

Still farting is a manly thing to do right!? :fart

I wish I had someone who could have influenced me into comics sooner. Family is a bunch of L7 WEENIES!!!!:rotfl

79NOr.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Damn! Felt that one. Josh yesterday and now Temek today :thud: :lol

Still farting is a manly thing to do right!? :fart

All in good fun :duff I must say Ondi, you have a knack for gifs.

Indeed.

I wish I had someone who could have influenced me into comics sooner. Family is a bunch of L7 WEENIES!!!!:rotfl

All the classic story lines are out there so no need to feel like you totally missed out. I've been picking up the Marvel and DC omnibus that come out just so I can have all the great stories whenever I want.

I'm going to pass on this one.... I wanted so badly a Modern Thor!! But I can't handle the pose for that ridiculous price...

Sideshow isn't going to have my money!

yep, pretty much how each piece is received by the masses nowadays.

That is so not true! Catwoman and Deaths Siren are getting nothing but rave reviews! Lots of things come up that hardly garner much more than the odd nit pik comment.

I mean, I like this one, price is a bit much to swallow (maybe the pics of scale later will change my mind on that), but there is a lot that could be improved had they just done a couple of simple things (change of funky hand, adding a COH bearded head, NO SWORD).

I don't really care that the frog wasn't included. It's not like the frog would make it into my Avengers display. But the sword is such a weak EX item, A closed left fist would have been a better EX than that sword, and actually gotten displayed.

1) which smart guy decided to give thor a sword as the exclusive? why not just give him a rocket launcher while you at it
2) the pose (see below)
3) another attempt at cash grab by jacking the price up $40-50 on top of the new $400.

Waited since the first day i started collecting for a comic modern thor, but sideshow is really trying hard to destroy this statue, very disappointed.

Everything wrong with a statue, is represented in this photo below. /shake head

14D510A0-64BD-4981-848D-3B88DABE2563_zpsu3t2wexo.jpg

EDIT: After looking at the photos n times, i finally realized why it looks so off. It's the way the hand is raised and how the arm isn't straight. Below is what the left arm should looked like to make this pose work.

Understand there is zero chance sideshow listens to anyone, so this is a lost cause. Very sad as i really want a modern comic thor.

902140-product-feature-740x448.jpg

I agree with you,

I also expected a modern thor, specifically something similar to the Thor from "ages of thunder"

This is why I am so upset with this statue so absurd that they have submitted, it's an insult to the reader of comics

Back