Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After looking at it for a couple days, the face is not attractive. I mean don't take this the wrong way :wink1::wink1::wink1: but I've always pictured thor as an attractive dude that smashes a lot of you know what...

After looking at it for a couple days, the face is not attractive. I mean don't take this the wrong way :wink1::wink1::wink1: but I've always pictured thor as an attractive dude that smashes a lot of you know what...

He's a viking god, he should be bearded and drenched in troll blood, but this is the Marvel version. To me this face sculpt looks as near to the art work done at the time. I'm glad the face has definition. I'm tired of some of this statues phoning it in when it comes to faces. Beings don't have perfectly rounded faces with no creases, they aren't anime dolls. Thats why I was so happy with the Batman head sculpt. The creases and lines give the face character and feeling. Not just some blank face with mouth opening and some eyes.

He's a viking god, he should be bearded and drenched in troll blood, but this is the Marvel version. To me this face sculpt looks as near to the art work done at the time. I'm glad the face has definition. I'm tired of some of this statues phoning it in when it comes to faces. Beings don't have perfectly rounded faces with no creases, they aren't anime dolls. Thats why I was so happy with the Batman head sculpt. The creases and lines give the face character and feeling. Not just some blank face with mouth opening and some eyes.

What do you think about the new Captain America PF face sculpt then? Haha

I like the face and think he should b rugged with an ugly mug.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

He doesn't need to look good he already has a reputation for bringing the thunder.

I think it could have been better. The piece overall is stunning but the face is lacking a bit. He's charging into battle and his face makes it seem like he's calling for the check after a mediocre date :lol

How very dare you sir!! I am keyboardless after such a stateme...................................:mad:

Go look at it again, ondi...now just picture him saying, "oh waiter" :lol

Cancelled :crying :pfft: NOT!! He left that wannabe with the Cheque and was just hailing a shield cab home. Nobody orders the lobster when Caps paying and gets away with it! :lecture

I think the opposite. I think it's the face of a god on cap. Haha

So perfect, and to me it looks like classic cap, so calm and confident going in to battle!

I think the opposite. I think it's the face of a god on cap. Haha

So perfect, and to me it looks like classic cap, so calm and confident going in to battle!

Right ON! He left her with the cheque and she still invited him over later that night!

I knew I'd seen the pose somewhere else before :lol
IMG_1133.jpg

Was playing around in Photoshop to see what the EX switch out hands could have looked like. I borrowed the right hand from ARH's Thor, which I notice also have a really similar pose once the hammer hand is switched to the other side. This is what I would have preferred for the EX, I think the pose is perfectly set up for it too....

At $440 it should really come with interchangeable parts like what they did with the Modern Cap PF.

View attachment 101972

---

That definitely looks a lot better and less awkward (nice job)... Although it does look like Thor is grabbing some *** :wink1:

The sword looks dumb... even if it comic accurate.

I'll have to think about this one. The pose is a bit Subject Zero! :lol

Really wish they did portray Thor as bearded. At least then he would look like a man and not like some baby faced newb.

Looking at my classic thor pf last night. Damn is that thing ever awesome. Still the quintessential Thor IMO. This modern Thor barely lasted 4 years and already looks different.

Back