Premium Format Thor (Modern Age) Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really wish they did portray Thor as bearded. At least then he would look like a man and not like some baby faced newb.

I don't think he looks baby faced but yeah I would of liked a bearded version definitely.

So this is going up for PO tomorrow, day one order for me. My list of PO's is growing & growing :/

At first I thought this would be a instant pre-order for me but after looking at the pictures for awhile now I think I'm going to pass. The pose is just to awkward even if he's throwing while on the run...

Once this starts shipping in a years time people are going to love this IMO

It's getting a lot of negativity at the moment. Maybe SDCC videos of it will change people's minds about it

Once this starts shipping in a years time people are going to love this IMO

It's getting a lot of negativity at the moment. Maybe SDCC videos of it will change people's minds about it

Happens all the time...(cough cough) CBG (cough cough)

Its a beautiful statue. The face is awesome. The ex is silly but that is superfluous anyways. I just don't think it trumps thr classic.

I had the original Thor PF EX and it's a very overrated statue IMO. The sculpt is mediocre, the pose makes it so you have to display it low to see the face sculpt and the material/fabric used is cheap. Needless to say I sold it. I will be ordering this even though the Exclusive is meh.

I had the original Thor PF EX and it's a very overrated statue IMO. The sculpt is mediocre, the pose makes it so you have to display it low to see the face sculpt and the material/fabric used is cheap. Needless to say I sold it. I will be ordering this even though the Exclusive is meh.

SAY WHA...

To each their own but I think the creative vertical design (for a character like Thor), production execution, and sweet *** EX makes it one of the best statues SSC ever made.

SAY WHA...

LOL

To each their own but I think the creative vertical design (for a character like Thor), production execution, and sweet *** EX makes it one of the best statues SSC ever made.

I'm glad you like it. It didn't last long here. But I am looking forward to getting this piece.....:yess:
It will compliment my Bowen spinning hammer Thor which I absolutely love. I was hoping this EX would be the spinning hammer effect. Someone mentioned getting one commissioned...I would be up for that.

I am interested how this sizes up with the original PF. I love my original PF and am not going to part with it so this is probably a pass unless I see it at SDCC and it blows me away. I will most likely save my money for a grey hulk PF though. Anyone care to put together a size comparison image of the original vs modern PF?

LOL

I'm glad you like it. It didn't last long here. But I am looking forward to getting this piece.....:yess:
It will compliment my Bowen spinning hammer Thor which I absolutely love. I was hoping this EX would be the spinning hammer effect. Someone mentioned getting one commissioned...I would be up for that.

Yea different strokes for different folks :hi5: and I totally agree about the awesomeness that this statue is. Hell anyone pulls off the spinning hammer count me in.

I am interested how this sizes up with the original PF. I love my original PF and am not going to part with it so this is probably a pass unless I see it at SDCC and it blows me away. I will most likely save my money for a grey hulk PF though. Anyone care to put together a size comparison image of the original vs modern PF?

the modern looks to be more horizontal than vertical like the classic

Pretty sure people would have cried bloody murder if it was 499 with the frog. Sideshow will never win unless this was free.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I can't wait until this ships, and I am quite surprised that the price is less than the recent Conan PF. I was expecting it to be more, so ex + frog for me! And for those of you posting about the Thors from the God Butcher/Godbomb arc, I would gladly take all 3 versions. Even if it were a dio.

1) which smart guy decided to give thor a sword as the exclusive? why not just give him a rocket launcher while you at it
2) the pose (see below)
3) another attempt at cash grab by jacking the price up $40-50 on top of the new $400.

Waited since the first day i started collecting for a comic modern thor, but sideshow is really trying hard to destroy this statue, very disappointed.

Everything wrong with a statue, is represented in this photo below. /shake head

14D510A0-64BD-4981-848D-3B88DABE2563_zpsu3t2wexo.jpg

EDIT: After looking at the photos n times, i finally realized why it looks so off. It's the way the hand is raised and how the arm isn't straight. Below is what the left arm should looked like to make this pose work.

Understand there is zero chance sideshow listens to anyone, so this is a lost cause. Very sad as i really want a modern comic thor.

902140-product-feature-740x448.jpg

Last edited:
I think it could have been better. The piece overall is stunning but the face is lacking a bit. He's charging into battle and his face makes it seem like he's calling for the check after a mediocre date :lol

Haha, i think he is queuing up a massive fart. :rotfl

Back