Thor Lifesize Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hugely worried about breakage of Thor's helmet wings as I bought through a third party. But once I got it, there was nothing to worry about at all. I know it doesn't seem like it would fit, but the wings actually sit vertically in the box.

I really can't imagine this piece being damage in transit. Even with todays shipping "care".

If you were talking about your upcoming Wolverine, then same story. Lots of Styrofoam about all the important parts, really hard to see it break.

Clear your mind; all will arrive ok :)

Coco, thanks for the info!!! Much appreciated. :rock

That's what I was hoping to hear. It looks like Sideshow cleaned up their QC act with these two.

Coco, thanks for the info!!! Much appreciated. :rock

That's what I was hoping to hear. It looks like Sideshow cleaned up their QC act with these two.

Glad to calm your fears. :1-1:

Additionally the paint apps on these pieces is great. I don't have a lot of Sideshow pieces, but these really stand out as excellent.

I am sure you will be ecstatic :D

OMG #27 IN THE HOUSEEEE!!!!!!!... This statue is amazing.
I'm glad to skip out wolverine. Bring on CAP!.

thor2.jpg

thor3.jpg

thor1.jpg

I guess I'll have to wait sometime for a modern Hulk 1:1 bust. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Just be careful you don't get the modern variety ala like the Venom bust coming out. Youch! I actually think as shown with proper paint applications that the Grinch errr Hulk bust can turn out a-o-k.

Well, Thor arrived today....and stayed for about 1 minute.

Now, he's back on a post office truck BECAUSE NO ONE WAS HERE TO SIGN FOR IT!!! :mad:

Hopefully, I'll be able to pick him up tomorrow morning and opening it for inspection because class.

Stuff like this really irritates me.

:lol:lol:lol:wink1:

Well, I just confirmed it.

Thor will NOT fit in a Ford Mustang. So for any of you Mustang owners who decide to attempt to fit this piece in your car....it won't work.

Weak, drive like you give a ____! :lecture

Thor's presence is strong today. Hours away from a life-changing event. Double Rainbow.

You guys take some awesome pics, BTW. I was just looking back at the last few pages. I'm excited to get this thing finally.

Thor Lifesize Bust Sales Report

The Thor Life-Size Bust is still available on Sideshow at the retail price of $649.99. However, a seller or two are "dumping" these via no-reserve auctions on eBay so you may be able to get a better price until they run out of inventory as the first few sales on eBay have finished at an average of about $500 as shown below:

Thor 390312548311 2011-05-15 $463.00
Thor 220770004174 2011-05-08 $485.00
Thor 390310551093 2011-05-08 $555.00
Thor 220774550607 2011-05-01 $478.77
Thor 320687683177 2011-04-28 $565.00

For more details on these sales transactions, please check out the Sideshow Life-Size Busts Sales Report:

I absolutely LOVE this thing. It's presence is like no other 1:1 SSC Marvel bust on the market, IMO. Absolutely stunning.

My biggest "negative" critique: When comparing it to the 1:1 Wolverine, I think the Wolverine looks more "human" like. Wolverine's eyes are unbelievably realistic, and in some ways gives it an edge over this piece.

In the end though, would I be caught dead without this piece? NO WAY!!! Thor rocks!

I absolutely LOVE this thing. It's presence is like no other 1:1 SSC Marvel bust on the market, IMO. Absolutely stunning.

My biggest "negative" critique: When comparing it to the 1:1 Wolverine, I think the Wolverine looks more "human" like. Wolverine's eyes are unbelievably realistic, and in some ways gives it an edge over this piece.

In the end though, would I be caught dead without this piece? NO WAY!!! Thor rocks!

Well, Thor is a god while Wolvie is human or mutant if you want to get technical. I think the eyes on both busts are incredibly real looking.

Congrats on picking these babies up. Now I will wait for the Captain America 1:1.

Those pics are ruined by that logo on them. :wink1:

Back