Premium Format Thor is here!- POST YOUR PICS & REVIEWS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Frosty!

I saw you were considering selling it. That piece is so epic but if you can get a good price for him then I say go for it! On the "other forum" a Sideshow rep all but confirmed they're still doing a modern Thor PF.

And yes, that is the original Journey Into Mystery 83. It is my most prized possession. Underneath it is Jack Kirby's sig and I'm going to Wizard World New Orleans in February to get Stan to sign with the same style of pen.

I already had the Bowen Thor and Surfer so SS #4 was a no brainer! Such a great comic.

I got JIM 112 because it's the first comic that is solely Hulk vs Thor. I hope to get a Koto Hulk and Koto Modern Thor to put under it. And maybe someday Journey 75 the first Loki to finish out the collection.

Until the Modern Thor PF LOL. I'm running out of room! :lol

My ultimate comic dream is Amazing Fantasy 15. I'm slowly saving for it (if I didn't buy so many statues, if have it by now!)...maybe a couple years away from having enough dough for a decent copy.

I actually took my Thor off the market shortly after I listed it. I'm now taking it back down to the sculptor to rework the armour scales a bit and add a few details to the helmet. It'll probably take a few months, but I'll post pics when it's done.

More customization? You are an ANIMAL!

Love your collection thread.

Good luck on the first Spidey. That is quite the grail and I hope you are able to snag it.

Finally got a chance to take some pics over the week. The old adage "The pictures don't do it justice" are personified with this awesome piece and the pictures I saw before I got him were phenomenal. He is just gargantuan and so detailed. A definitive piece, no doubt.

Cool Thor display, I love this piece :yess:.

Some new pics of the display. Moved it to a larger area, added Journey Into Mystery 85 (First Loki) Thor God of Thunder #1 (My favorite modern Thor story) and a Koto Hulk to put under the JIM 112. Now all I need is Avengers Reborn Koto Thor to put next to Hulk and I'll be done!

20140115_201023.jpg
20140115_201059.jpg
20140115_201048.jpg
20140116_183616.jpg

And finally the Rainbow Bridge SFX display.

I would love to have every page of the God Butcher/Godbomb story framed and displayed, good for you being able to pick just one.

How did this awesome thread fall many pages back?

Never thought I would ever own this piece for a decent price, getting hooked to SS just late last year and my focus being on your Friendly Neighbourhood webslinger. When I saw this in person, my jaw dropped. The box is freaking huge and Thor is just domineering! I know, I know, everyone has said this but you have to see it in person to believe it. :rotfl

Hopefully I can upgrade to the Ex someday, although I think I'll still display it with the reg head most of the time. :)

How did this awesome thread fall many pages back?

Never thought I would ever own this piece for a decent price, getting hooked to SS just late last year and my focus being on your Friendly Neighbourhood webslinger. When I saw this in person, my jaw dropped. The box is freaking huge and Thor is just domineering! I know, I know, everyone has said this but you have to see it in person to believe it. :rotfl

Hopefully I can upgrade to the Ex someday, although I think I'll still display it with the reg head most of the time. :)

That's exactly what I thought when I first purchased the Reg but once I upgraded a year later, the EX head is the only one for me!!! :yess:

zetuzasy.jpg

Congrats again on your new addition buddy, for me its still the best Thor collectible around!! :rock

That's exactly what I thought when I first purchased the Reg but once I upgraded a year later, the EX head is the only one for me!!! :yess:

zetuzasy.jpg

Congrats again on your new addition buddy, for me its still the best Thor collectible around!! :rock

Thanks buddy, I'm so stoked to own this piece and can't wait for this weekend to have some fun rearranging my small cabinet to make space for the God of Thunder! Looks like my Spideys might have to squeeze a bit :lol

I dunno man.. Looking at both heads, I feel like the unmasked version captures the essence of Thor better (or maybe, just MAYBE, I could be deceiving myself that the reg is good enough. Hahaha)

Thanks buddy, I'm so stoked to own this piece and can't wait for this weekend to have some fun rearranging my small cabinet to make space for the God of Thunder! Looks like my Spideys might have to squeeze a bit :lol

I dunno man.. Looking at both heads, I feel like the unmasked version captures the essence of Thor better (or maybe, just MAYBE, I could be deceiving myself that the reg is good enough. Hahaha)

Yea, still for me one of Sideshow's best ever sculpts...was thinking last night that my Thor would definitely make the final cut for my list of 'statues I'd never sell'...

Have fun at the weekend buddy and don't forget to post pics of your final set up :rock

I like the ex, but you can't go wrong with either portrait.

best of both worlds...:exactly: good posting buddy :hi5:

My Classic Thor is never going anywhere. The pose and build is so immensely powerful. It screams GOD OF THUNDER. It needs to be seen to be fully appreciated.

:goodpost: I'm feeling ya Snads...not literally though :lecture :lol

I agree. There are several statues, if not most, that need to be seen in person to be fully appreciated, Thor being one of them. Gahh, the wait till tonight (where I can get back and set Thor up) is killing me! :gah:

I would love to have this one.. I would lov the eX... still looking for one.... is $900 too much for a reg?

I'm just not a big fan of Eric Masterson Thor so Reg head all the way for me but the EX is a beautiful sculpt. Now the maskless Wolverine PF... that's another story!

Back