Premium Format Thor is here!- POST YOUR PICS & REVIEWS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Thor is here!

i agree, but i would of been nice to have a fabric cap. maybe they tried it though and couldn't get it to look up to their standards. it may of made the overall statue look cheapy.
i would not doubt that you may see some customs later on with some clothe capes.

it does have fabric and other materials on it so it is mixed media. go to SS's website and watch the video on thor's product page...it'll explain it all.

It was explained earlier that the fabric would not provide the right look at the shoulders where his cape flows upward before hanging. I'm glad they went with the sculpted cape as it provides a smoother look of flow. Take one look at the fabric cape on the Batman PF and you'll never want a fabric cape on any piece, trust me.:D

yeah i figured that this would of been discussed already, but didn't fell like looking through several hundred posts:lol:lol.
i could see that getting that proper look with the cloth would be pretty hard, guess i should of thought it through at bid more before bring up this old topic again:banghead:banghead

still may get one of these, just don't know where i could display it properly.
may just have to biult a custom job for this big one. it probably deserves it anyway. maybe a nice pedestal display with a biult in lightbox and acrylic box.
i'll post pics when i get it done in about 3 years.:lol:lol

so then, since they didn't make the largest piece on thor out of any fabric, then what else other than his pants and shirt are fabric or mixed media???
seems to be not much of a pf, if his cape is sculpted.

the sculpted cape is my biggest gripe. it's why i might not get it. a cloth one coulda been done just fine. wires and a stiff fabric or perhaps a startch like substance would of worked nicely. hell look at Medicom Spawn's cape. it's a work of art and it's 1/6 scale.

as for the DCD Batman 1/4 cape, i agree it wasn't implemented well but it can still look nice.
DPP_135.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14630&page=10

and that's an example of a badly done fabric cape lol.

That is one of the best PFs ever. These pics are dismal, and make everything washed out. Yet the brilliance of the piece is clearly evident still. This PF will definitely give the Doom piece, a run for its money. Granted, until I see better pics, the tilt is still in the Doom PF's favour. Right now, it's pretty close.

Eli, sorry that my pictures from the other site don't make your grade. I'm not an expert photographer and simply wanted to post photos that exposed details of this statue better. I deliberately took them with a faster shutter speed and flash to expose shadows & such, b/c original shots from that thread, with longer shutter exposure, washed this statue out. So until you post your own photos this is the best your gonna get!

BTW, how's it feel to have to admire my statue through shi**y photos? Oh yeah, you're right too......this statue is awesome, especially in person!! :naughty

dammit! where's that michael jackson popcorn pic from thriller when you need it? :monkey1

Eli, sorry that my pictures from the other site don't make your grade. I'm not an expert photographer and simply wanted to post photos that exposed details of this statue better. I deliberately took them with a faster shutter speed and flash to expose shadows & such, b/c original shots from that thread, with longer shutter exposure, washed this statue out. So until you post your own photos this is the best your gonna get!

BTW, how's it feel to have to admire my statue through shi**y photos? Oh yeah, you're right too......this statue is awesome, especially in person!! :naughty

Oh no I am happy you posted them. Actually, they aren't dismal. I won't lie, they aren't great either, but like you said, you're one of the first to post them, and I prefer your pics to the other guys pics on statueforum.com!

Oh no I am happy you posted them. Actually, they aren't dismal. I won't lie, they aren't great either, but like you said, you're one of the first to post them, and I prefer your pics to the other guys pics on statueforum.com!

come on... weak sauce!

I want some god damn internet drama! You called his pics dismal, then he totally dissed you for not even having a thor, and now all you wanna do is bump weiners and apologize?

They have nasty websites full of that action, now let's see a real catfight!!!!!!

come on... weak sauce!

I want some god damn internet drama! You called his pics dismal, then he totally dissed you for not even having a thor, and now all you wanna do is bump weiners and apologize?

They have nasty websites full of that action, now let's see a real catfight!!!!!!

:lol:lol:lol:lol sht disturber

come on... weak sauce!

No sir, I will not get into a sword fight! :lightsabe

Eli....peace brother! :peace

Now THAT's a quote!!:rotfl

That is one of the best PFs ever. These pics are dismal, and make everything washed out. Yet the brilliance of the piece is clearly evident still. This PF will definitely give the Doom piece, a run for its money. Granted, until I see better pics, the tilt is still in the Doom PF's favour. Right now, it's pretty close.

You on crack?

Thor EX has shipped! Will be here next week! :chew

My Doom has shipped! It'll be here on Tuesday! :rock

I meant Thor...is just all this talk about the Doom PF, the obviously better piece was stuck in my mind. :lol

Back