Premium Format Thor Breaker of Brimstone Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are clearly in the minority then. From the forum experience alone, you are in the smallest of percentiles. Let alone all the other thousands of statues that sell to folks not on the forum. I don’t think a hobby filled with hand crafted naturally flawed items is for you if you send back 14:15 dude.

I've probably had issues with about 50% of my sideshow items over all. And when I say issues, I havn't had to be picky, I mean things like my Predator 1 bio and it's stand didn't connect to each other. The Big chap LSB was a disaster fairly recently. And the Wolf Predator also although that was by choice (they made it plastic without telling us and asked for $650 which led to mass returns) Sideshow always sort issues out in the end however which is all that matters and is why I keep going back for things I like. You've been very lucky if you've had no issues.

I've probably had issues with about 50% of my sideshow items over all. And when I say issues, I havn't had to be picky, I mean things like my Predator 1 bio and it's stand didn't connect to each other. The Big chap LSB was a disaster fairly recently. And the Wolf Predator also although that was by choice (they made it plastic without telling us and asked for $650 which led to mass returns) Sideshow always sort issues out in the end however which is all that matters and is why I keep going back for things I like. You've been very lucky if you've had no issues.

I’ve had to return 1 out of ... 15-20. All have come with some minor issue that they have either replaced or was small and totally irrelevant to displaying the piece so I Accepted the flaws. I’m just saying, the sample size of this forum is already small, let alone the rare issues... like, this company would be out of business if their QC was as bad as people claim.

I’ve had to return 1 out of ... 15-20. All have come with some minor issue that they have either replaced or was small and totally irrelevant to displaying the piece so I Accepted the flaws. I’m just saying, the sample size of this forum is already small, let alone the rare issues... like, this company would be out of business if their QC was as bad as people claim.

I'm not suggesting a 50% rate is across the board of course. Just offering my experience to highlight how lucky you seem to have been. I would suggest that QC in general might be best described as inconsistent. And I highlight Sideshow mainly because 90% of the collectibles I own are produced by them, I'm clearly a fan. I received my first coolprops item last month which was scratched up. And my first Prime 1 item this week which is as perfect as we can expect from this kind of stuff. All of that said, I mainly collect Alien & Predator items which seem to have had a harder time of it. I'm sure this Thor will turn out just fine, even I'm tempted by it.

Not in person they aren't.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree to a certain extent the photos you've shown in the Thanos for example have looked quite minor.

But I know because of recently trying to take photos of my own issues on a statue, that a phone camera in my case seems to greatly diminish any perceived issue. It got quite aggravating when I was attempting to take photos of certain areas. I was this close to going out and buying a proper camera to see if it improved the issue.

I'm not suggesting a 50% rate is across the board of course. Just offering my experience to highlight how lucky you seem to have been. I would suggest that QC in general might be best described as inconsistent. And I highlight Sideshow mainly because 90% of the collectibles I own are produced by them, I'm clearly a fan. I received my first coolprops item last month which was scratched up. And my first Prime 1 item this week which is as perfect as we can expect from this kind of stuff. All of that said, I mainly collect Alien & Predator items which seem to have had a harder time of it. I'm sure this Thor will turn out just fine, even I'm tempted by it.

Didn’t mean to seem like I was soloing you out. I totally understand. And at the end of the day, it comes down to everyone’s personal experience with the company... that’s what effects all of our decisions. I just remember specifically counting the number of people that had reported issues on the forum. And if I continued those ratios throughout the entire edition size of sales (which is unlikely since us in the forums are much pickier) it was like less than 2% of the statue shipped damage. I’m terribly sorry I can’t remember which one it was hahaha.

Personally, with the prices skyrocketing the way they are, I am totally ok with people jumping all over them for the smaller defects. But it is just off putting to read sometimes the generalized complaints. The assumptions that since I received a bad one, a “majority of the item is bad”.

I’ve said to folks that I may feel differently if I were in there situations. But I honestly don’t think I’d send back a majority of what others do... and if I did receive a ridiculous number of damaged statues like 14 of 15.... I would no longer be purchasing from the company. Lol. That is all I meant.

But I will say, I am totally hoping sideshow decides to continue to push the 1:4 scale boy dies and poses. Leaning/breaking is always a concern but I hope they put the time and effort in to engineering these pieces to really keep pushing it.

Back on topic though i really like this statue. But I won't be pre ordering it because of the issues I've had. Maybe after we see some in hand pics but trying to buy sideshow statues off the prototype is a dumb idea.

Back on topic though i really like this statue. But I won't be pre ordering it because of the issues I've had. Maybe after we see some in hand pics but trying to buy sideshow statues off the prototype is a dumb idea.

Given that the Exclusive in my opinion isn't a must, that's probably a safe way to go.

In my case I'll probably lock in the regular from my local retailer as they offer early preorder discounts and they don't have NRD's.

Given that the Exclusive in my opinion isn't a must, that's probably a safe way to go.

In my case I'll probably lock in the regular from my local retailer as they offer early preorder discounts and they don't have NRD's.
Oh that's awesome.

Oh that's awesome.

Usually save anywhere from 35 to 55% from buying the regular premium formats locally, rather than buying the 'regular' from Sideshow directly. Those delivery and import fees are a killer.

Without seeing what SDCC has to offer, this and Psylocke are what I'm looking to po right now. This more so. I give SSC credit for showing up and still managing to put out well done pieces. With new techniques they should be able to hopefully put out other things in the future that are as impressive as this. I've never had to return anything in all the years I've been buying from Sideshow so I'm not really worried with any leaning issues. All I need is another classic(er) Cap., another Hulk and maybe another Thing and I'm done, I swear. :lol

Without seeing what SDCC has to offer, this and Psylocke are what I'm looking to po right now. This more so. I give SSC credit for showing up and still managing to put out well done pieces. With new techniques they should be able to hopefully put out other things in the future that are as impressive as this. I've never had to return anything in all the years I've been buying from Sideshow so I'm not really worried with any leaning issues. All I need is another classic(er) Cap., another Hulk and maybe another Thing and I'm done, I swear. :lol

I need those too!

Even if I get the new Cap ...as a modern take ...I still need a classic Cap. Then a 1/4 scale green Hulk and Thing would be killer.

Usually save anywhere from 35 to 55% from buying the regular premium formats locally, rather than buying the 'regular' from Sideshow directly. Those delivery and import fees are a killer.

I was about to say "Awesome teach me!". Then I noticed Sydney... hahaa Definitely the go to way then for you.

I need those too!

Even if I get the new Cap ...as a modern take ...I still need a classic Cap. Then a 1/4 scale green Hulk and Thing would be killer.

Overall I think the new Cap looks good, just a bit to "modern" for what I'm willing to shell out $ for. The classic look is so dominant in my mind it's hard to move away from. (Batman on the other hand has had so many variations (especially in the current comic/game era) the new look works for me). Passed on the last Hulk so I'll wait but the new grey Avengers might be a possibility. I'd be amazed if Sideshow does another Thing, Bens my personal favorite so it'd be hard to say no at any scale.

prototype looks great, too bad it's Sideshow. if it were P1 i'd get it.

Well given that the Ex isn't a must imo, you can wait until the piece is in the hands of collectors.

I myself will be ordering once the regular goes up for preorder at my local store (For the reasons mentioned previously).

Back