Premium Format Thor Breaker of Brimstone Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, his base is very very similar to the new Supergirl.

I don't agree.

I think Supergirl's base is a giant skeletons hand masquerading as a cloud, whereas Thor's Surtur base is exactly what it's supposed to be, and it greatly adds to the story and action of the piece.

I don't agree.

I think Supergirl's base is a giant skeletons hand masquerading as a cloud, whereas Thor's Surtur base is exactly what it's supposed to be, and it greatly adds to the story and action of the piece.

I meant in that they both have three swirling spires of smoke/fire.

I meant in that they both have three swirling spires of smoke/fire.

Ak ok.

I just don't think the Supergirl version translate that well. Whereas from what I've seen of the Thor piece it does. Could just be that it's much harder to simulate clouds in a realistic fashion.

The base a bit similar to Captain Marvel base?

Reach! A lot of reaching going on in this thread. Technically one is a spaceship part and the other is the head of a well known comic character... so how similar were we talking? Haha

I'm not a fan of Thor but this piecr looks amazing. Sadly it's from sideshow.. so knowing that we can expect externally high price and very low quality and no QC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Someone is a little jaded. I think after Thanos they have increased QC. I was on the fence as well until I got my Red Sonja last month and I was blown away by the quality. I'm optimistic that they are taking QC complaints seriously. Don't get me wrong I still worry a bit when a new statue is coming home. Well see how my Wolverine turns out when I get it tonight.

The one thing I can critic on this statue is the EX is not that exciting and will be a pass on the EX.

I'm not a fan of Thor but this piecr looks amazing. Sadly it's from sideshow.. so knowing that we can expect externally high price and very low quality and no QC.

They haven’t had “major” qc issues in years dude. Zebra are you talking about specifically?

Love everything. My issues with the previous released thor pieces are "fixed" for me. As for QC. Cant complain. Im always scared during unboxing but all my pieces from ss are flawless *knocks on wood*

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They haven’t had “major” qc issues in years dude. Zebra are you talking about specifically?
Your kidding right?
In the last 5 years I've kept 1 out of 15 statues because of defects and or broken statues.

This looks nice. I've been wanting a nice Thor statue for years, but there's always something I don't like about them. Wasn't crazy about the original SS Thor's pose, the modern version had that awkward arm and hand out. This looks nice, but again the pose is only ok. They always go for these over the top dynamic poses with Thor. And the Ex is an odd choice. Why'd they give him Stormbreaker? It should be Jarnbjorn like they gave the female Foster Thor, which also was an odd choice for an Ex. And I like her pose the best as well, but that's not Thor.

I have several of the Bowen Thor busts and always liked the 2 Bowen statues (original museum pose and the spinning hammer), but they were too small. I wanted something bigger. And I didn't care for the head sculpt on the XM Thor statue (nor the price those things go for..ouch). I'm too pickey. I may bite on this....

:confused:

Yea I don't know about "very low quality." Quality is going to be completely subjective but I've had mostly positive experiences with Sideshow and their quality. The rising prices are worrying though.

Your kidding right?
In the last 5 years I've kept 1 out of 15 statues because of defects and or broken statues.

You are clearly in the minority then. From the forum experience alone, you are in the smallest of percentiles. Let alone all the other thousands of statues that sell to folks not on the forum. I don’t think a hobby filled with hand crafted naturally flawed items is for you if you send back 14:15 dude.

You are clearly in the minority then. From the forum experience alone, you are in the smallest of percentiles. Let alone all the other thousands of statues that sell to folks not on the forum. I don’t think a hobby filled with hand crafted naturally flawed items is for you if you send back 14:15 dude.

Seeing his posts complaining about the QC of the statues he receives I'm inclined to agree with your post. Not the right hobby for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though I've never returned a piece yet, I can honestly say that over 50% of all my statues (70+) across multiple manufacturers have had some sort of issue. From misaligned eyes, discolouration, chips, badly applied or damaged decals, bad moulding, thick glue marks, light leakage, misaligned armour parts on Iron Man, clean breaks that I've glue back on the base, loose fittings or magnets, obvious scratch marks, hair chips, missing physical details, finger print stains adhered by glue, and the usual badly applied paint.

Out of the many issues I've had, only a relatively few were actually rectified by my various retailers by sending replacement parts, as sending these pieces back in full is just a pain and I've learned in this hobby that sometimes you have to fight tooth and nail as a lot of the times you get boiler plate responses that they don't see it as a defect or that these are manually assembled and hand painted items etc.

So many times on this board I've seen collectors return pieces for a single dot of misapplied paint and a lot of the time it's encouraged and agreed to by other forum members.

Seriously thinking about getting this piece. This is not the classic Thor I want, but it is the most "modern" I'd accept for a Thor statue. Perhaps put it with the new Cap.

1125_previewbanner_ThorPF.jpg

I will still be on the lookout, tho, for a classic, fully sculpted, 1/4 scale Thor....

Agreed. People rave about XM, but 4/4 of the XM statues I own arrived with issue. 2 had broken parts, 1 had paint chips, 1 didn't fit together entirely properly. Technically, my track record with XM is worse than with Sideshow, but I know that's just me. Of my seven P1 statues, only 1 had issues, which Sideshow resolved.

Back