This is why I love the Star Wars community...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep! I am a member of the 501st, and my Garrison will be wearing our Star Wars gear in support of Katie tommarrow!!!!!! I hope everyone here will do the same!

Great story - thanks for sharing. That made me teary. I love reading stories such as this.

Kids are nasty. Watching how they will treat each other or things they will say is crazy. Some of the rumors they would start about each other in a school setting would make your head spin.

i hope that little girl can wear here star wars stuff proudly in the future,what idiots are these other children??:cuckoo:
how nice of the fans of star wars and step up and support her:yess:

i hope that little girl can wear here star wars stuff proudly in the future,what idiots are these other children??:cuckoo:
how nice of the fans of star wars and step up and support her:yess:

It's probably not the kids' fault, but more like their idiot parents. Because they're too ____ing cheap to buy their kids SW collectibles, they tell them this type of ____, which the kids, like little mini robots, repeat.

I'm surprised it happened so young. I see that stuff in Junior High all the time, the tomboyish girl or even the girl who likes "boy" things getting picked on here or there but usually they are tough enough to strike back (pun intended). In elementary school at least in my few run-ins, the girl who liked boy stuff was usually just hanging with the boys and the girls playing both sides.

ThinkGeek is awesome, so no surprise there, I was happy to see that the cast of the animated series did so much. Where is your donation Sideshow huh? :D

I heard about Katie on Twitter recently. Breaks my heart how young punk ass bullies start, especially because I have a daughter in first grade. :(

Awesome story! I don't understand people can tell other people that Star Wars sucks or that it's for boy's. Star Wars is a modern fairy-tale for all ages and genders. :D

If people in general actually believed that then you wouldn't have Lucas shoving characters like Ashoka Tano down our throats in order to appeal to that demographic. The ridicule didn't surprise me the ages did.

Very sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

I see some "conformity" behaviour from my nieces--them saying blue is only for boys, etc. Silly things now, but they say it with such attitude and condemnation, and they are just 10 and 7! I KNOW it's not the parents, who are the nicest people you can ever know. I guess they really just pick it up from other kids in school. It's a shame, and I try to kinda say something whenever they blurt something mean out. But ultimately I can't be too pushy since they're not mine.

It's ____ like this that made me become a bully bully. :(

LOL...WTF are you talking about? You are one of the biggest bullies on the internet!

I am joking of course. And I agree with your other post about a lot of this coming from adults.

This is a great story and I know first hand that adults can make a difference in this kind of situation. I won't go in to the details of the incident...suffice it to say that an incident arose that showed me my message about standing against bullies got through to my son even though he was only 7 or 8 years old.

LOL...WTF are you talking about? You are one of the biggest bullies on the internet!

I am joking of course. And I agree with your other post about a lot of this coming from adults.

This is a great story and I know first hand that adults can make a difference in this kind of situation. I won't go in to the details of the incident...suffice it to say that an incident arose that showed me my message about standing against bullies got through to my son even though he was only 7 or 8 years old.

I used to eat lunch with the D&D guys and beat up jock douchebags. :monkey3 :lol

Great story! She's a beautiful little girl and it's great that the Star Wars community reached out to her like that.

and to think that there are probably thousands of more little girls just like her going thru the same crap..........:mad:

to the batmobile.:lecture...........um, i mean.......to the landspeeder.......:lecture:lecture

Back