this is ridiculous already! HOT TOYS NOT GIVING US FIGURES FROM OTHER LICENSES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying they are barred, but there could be many reasons why NECA made so many Terminators while HT hasn't. Time would be one reason. Look at the time frame Neca released all those figures vs HT. imagine if they both held a Arnold Terminator license for the same amount of time. Neca goes 'bam' every possible variant released, license expires, no need to renew. HT makes a couple, license expires, time to renegotiate.

The point is there could be things behind the scenes holding it up, but I bet it went more like this:

Sculptor: Boss, our Terminator proto is done! All we need to do is photograph it and send it to production!
Boss: What the hell are you doing?! Don't you know Iron Man 3 is coming? Get sculpting! *throws the Terminator proto in the garbage

Maybe, but of course that touches on the point I've been making wwwhhhyyyyyy must everything but Iron Man be drawn out over such a long period. The Terminator lines could have been over and done in 2010 or 11 if they were done at the pace Iron Man is getting. Instead they either leave it so long that the license expires or they leave it so long that the older figures are already outdated (as was the case with MMS117 IMO)

Word, looks like we've got another convert! :hi5:

Nah, I've already had a custom Police Shootout T-800 and sold it. And as I posted in the MMS136 thread today I'm kinda sick of seeing all the kitbashes - I want a real one dammit! But all I require for the time being is an announcement to break up the Iron Man monotony/monopoly.

:yess:

:lol

Oh - & the next one who says 'more Iron Man' gets one of these:

30191-Dubstep-Lightning-Cat-gif-ysre.gif

:lecture

Nah, I've already had a custom Police Shootout T-800 and sold it. And as I posted in the MMS136 thread today I'm kinda sick of seeing all the kitbashes - I want a real one dammit! But all I require for the time being is an announcement to break up the Iron Man monotony/monopoly.
I don't care too much for all those T1 kitbashes because the clothes aren't tailored as nicely as they could be, and the head mods are, for the most part, obvious kit-bashes and don't look legit. But there is so much more to the custom world. Join us, a-dev. You won't regret it. . .or will you?? Hahahahaha!!

[ame]https://youtu.be/WaIJKM0sjdo[/ame]

Evil Dead II owns. Everything.
This is true. . .by the way, if some may not have seen it, Iminime is supposedly working on a licensed Evil Dead figure (confirmed by Denny Kim on the boards). Not sure if it is the first or second film, but I'm excited about it. He's also doing a Charlie Chaplin with ZCWO. So there are companies out there, even doing licensed work, that doesn't only target Iron Man collectors.

:yess:

:lol

Oh - & the next one who says 'more Iron Man' gets one of these:

30191-Dubstep-Lightning-Cat-gif-ysre.gif

:lecture

wild giff- thought it was real for one minute....:lol

Iron Man? HT may rethink this if IM3 loses it's luster after the audiences see it- mixed reviews are coming in now

I don't care too much for all those T1 kitbashes because the clothes aren't tailored as nicely as they could be, and the head mods are, for the most part, obvious kit-bashes and don't look legit. But there is so much more to the custom world. Join us, a-dev. You won't regret it. . .or will you?? Hahahahaha!!

https://youtu.be/WaIJKM0sjdo

It isss..too late..for me, Kara. :vader

I'm deliberately limiting myself to pretty much just Terminator now anyway.

I do have some Terminator customs (that aren't merely kitbashes) like a T-800 endoskeleton from Terminator 4 with charred and melting flesh on it, a legless T-600, a chromed T2 T-800 and my BD T2 T-800 all by CREGcustoms. Another chromed endoskeleton by r5150 and he did all sorts of other mods to that including the increased shoulder articulation that the new 1:4 version has. I've got a cool SilentSurfer painted and modded Cameron (Sarah Connor Chronicles) headsculpt originally by Trevor Grove that I have yet to impliment on a complete figure. I think thats it. Everything else that isn't a stock figure is kitbashes

Don't worry, he's joking. Although theres some things that you just shouldn't joke about and thats one.

Its an incredible line if you're into it. I just wish HT wouldn't focus on it to the detriment and constant pushing back of other lines. By all means keep making them but spread them out and have a bit of balance FFS. Every other license has to wait years for anything close to completion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back