This is It...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I missed it too...
no worries... I'll check it out again a few times :rock

Anyway, here's my quick review...

We've always seen MJ performing full force... here, we see him creating, and developing his craft... his magic...
joking around while perfecting the sounds, beats, cues and he was on top of everything.

His singing is perfect and natural, without overdoing it... his moves as sharp as ever, at times I forgot I was watching a 50 y.o.!

This really shows the man in his environment... doing his thing, being absolutely professional and a perfectionist, while showing his gentle side and respectful manners, as well as trying to send a message to the world... just like he has always has... but maybe now, the world will finally understand it...

The show itself was gonna be spectacular, they had some stuff already finished, but some was WIP, so we only see sketches or renders of what was gonna happen...

It's a very intimate film that give us rare access to a genius using all his natural talents in a very raw yet inspiring way, to project a very powerful message, along with excellent music, sounds, visuals, musicians, dancers and a full force spectacle that would've been amazing...

Long live the King... :monkey2

Was the BJ Jacket in the film?:confused:

Sort of. :monkey2

They show a sketch and some of the fabric, but that's about it. Really a letdown for me.

I left the movie with some mixed feelings. It really did give us a glimpse into just how epic the concert would've been. The problem is, it was really only just a glimpse. I would have expected that with the actual concerts being so close, they would've had some full-costume run-throughs of the entire show on film (maybe they do?). I mean, you get a good idea of how some songs will play out on stage, but others leave you with no idea of what it'll be like. I really wanted to see what he was gonna wear during Thriller, Beat It and Human Nature.

It really felt like I watched a DVD's bonus features without watching the actual movie, which leaves you feeling somewhat unfullfilled. I think it would've helped for it to have more of a true documentary feel to it than it did, overall it seemed very rushed. It's made in a way that only true MJ fans can really enjoy it, there's no real way of connecting it to people on any other level. I'm definitely glad I experienced it though. It proves that he was in perfect form and could've easily put on an amazing show at the age of 50!

There is a small clip at the very end.

Unfortunately no... no full costume rehearsal took place...

Sort of. :monkey2

They show a sketch and some of the fabric, but that's about it. Really a letdown for me.

I left the movie with some mixed feelings. It really did give us a glimpse into just how epic the concert would've been. The problem is, it was really only just a glimpse. I would have expected that with the actual concerts being so close, they would've had some full-costume run-throughs of the entire show on film (maybe they do?). I mean, you get a good idea of how some songs will play out on stage, but others leave you with no idea of what it'll be like. I really wanted to see what he was gonna wear during Thriller, Beat It and Human Nature.

It really felt like I watched a DVD's bonus features without watching the actual movie, which leaves you feeling somewhat unfullfilled. I think it would've helped for it to have more of a true documentary feel to it than it did, overall it seemed very rushed. It's made in a way that only true MJ fans can really enjoy it, there's no real way of connecting it to people on any other level. I'm definitely glad I experienced it though. It proves that he was in perfect form and could've easily put on an amazing show at the age of 50!

There is a small clip at the very end.

See, I didn't expect a full force concert... I thought it was a very intimate environment... for me it was as if I would've been there... and as they said, just a dozen spectators were there... and of course it felt unfulfilled... because it was...
They were gonna leave for London the following week, and do a series of full rehearsals...

And it never was intended to be a Documentary per se, since the footage was for archive purposes only, but I honestly think Kenny Ortega did a hell of a job with what he had, and I'm glad he didn't add stuff that wasn't there when Michael passed away...

I do feel this is more for the fans, and maybe people who are curious to really see a bit more of the man and the genius at work...

Michael Jackson's This is It will be my first Blu-Ray Disc. I do not even have a Blu-Ray Player yet but pre-ordered Michael Jackson's This is It on Blu-Ray Disc anyway!:lol:rotfl :D:banana:chew

I don't have a Blue-Ray player either, but I hope to finally get a PS3 this Christmas!!...

I saw this film yesterday and it is amazing. Looks like the show would have been amazing. It was so interesting to see all the work that goes on behind the scenes. It's definately one of my top 5 favorite films.

Plus I think i'm in love with the female guitarist :love :lol

Just got back. This was spectacular! The opening scenes and the first time we see MJ gave me chills. These concerts would have been amazing. I'll be seeing this again and will be getting it the first day it comes out on Blu-Ray.

Unfortunately no... no full costume rehearsal took place...

See, I didn't expect a full force concert... I thought it was a very intimate environment... for me it was as if I would've been there... and as they said, just a dozen spectators were there... and of course it felt unfulfilled... because it was...
They were gonna leave for London the following week, and do a series of full rehearsals...

And it never was intended to be a Documentary per se, since the footage was for archive purposes only, but I honestly think Kenny Ortega did a hell of a job with what he had, and I'm glad he didn't add stuff that wasn't there when Michael passed away...

I do feel this is more for the fans, and maybe people who are curious to really see a bit more of the man and the genius at work...

I get all that, but I can't help but wonder about the other footage that exists. I'm sure they're holding something back for the DVD/BR release and probably stuff they plan to release in years to come. As for the movie itself... I see what they were going for, but think if they could've done it in a way that actually left the audience feeling more fulfilled.

I hear this is pretty good my daughter went to see it with her grandmother. And the reviews seem good to.

It is... really...
I saw it again today... simply amazing...
BTW
:rock:rock
hallo.gif

Saw the film today. Spectacular. The concert would have been fantastic! The production video's for Thriller ect. where great!! Damn man...... what a shame he passed away!!

R.I.P MJ!

Bri:monkey2

that was it.
i would not pay money to see this. sorry but i as a t.v. person who watched alot of it..saw enough of michael jackson after he passed not to go see a movie about his final days and rehearsal's.
just wait once they start prosecuting this doctor. there will be sequel.

that was it.
i would not pay money to see this. sorry but i as a t.v. person who watched alot of it..saw enough of michael jackson after he passed not to go see a movie about his final days and rehearsal's.

:horror:horror:horror:horror

that was it.

I don't know if this helps or not, but the movie really doesn't try to pull at your emotions nor does it really have any message. It's pretty straight forward and sticks to the point (the concert itself). It feels very different from the way the footage has been used by the media.

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 2 (UPI) -- The theatrical run of the Michael Jackson documentary "This Is It" has been extended through Nov. 29, Sony announced.

The film, which chronicles the pop icon rehearsing for a planned series of concerts shortly before his death last June, was initially scheduled to run in theaters for two weeks, starting last Wednesday.

Variety said the studio decided to extend its run through Thanksgiving weekend after it earned $101 million at the worldwide box office during its first five days in release.

It was the No. 1 movie in the United States this past weekend, taking in $21.3 million from Friday through Sunday.

I watched it twice, and honestly speaking, I kinda expect more songs to it, since he did say that he "will be singing the song that his fans wanna hear". And I was looking forward to his later work, as opposed to his earlier work.

It kinda freaks me out that he was skinny as hell, especially when he was wearing those horn shoulder pad jacket. His arms looks to scrawny and skinny!

But nevertheless, I think it was a very entertaining 'private' concert :rock

Back