This is It...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it twice, and honestly speaking, I kinda expect more songs to it, since he did say that he "will be singing the song that his fans wanna hear". And I was looking forward to his later work, as opposed to his earlier work.

I'm actually more surprised nothing from Off the Wall was shown...
And as much as I love his later work more, because it has a message and more variety in styles and sounds, it's obvious that the classics would have to be there...
But they had stuff from Thriller, Dangerous and History...
Some Jacksons 5 stuff, but no Invincible (just a couple of snippets)

And he has so many classic tunes, it's hard to choose from...
Thought I'm sure there's more that wasn't shown that might see the light on the DVD...

It kinda freaks me out that he was skinny as hell, especially when he was wearing those horn shoulder pad jacket. His arms looks to scrawny and skinny!

Yeah he was skinny like in the 70's... and that jacket was odd, I agree...

But nevertheless, I think it was a very entertaining 'private' concert :rock

Exactly... though it wasn't a full force concert, it felt very intimate...
Gotta check it again a third time... :D

Exactly... though it wasn't a full force concert, it felt very intimate...
Gotta check it again a third time... :D

Don't stop till you get enough!

I'm looking forward to the Blu-Ray release, hoping for some serious extras.

Re: Michael Jackson Hits No. 1 On Billboard 200 With 'This Is It'

Michael Jackson Hits No. 1 On Billboard 200 With 'This Is It'

To the surprise of probably nobody, Michael Jackson's "This Is It" will debut atop the Billboard 200 albums chart released today (Nov. 4) with an eye-popping 373,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan -- the fifth-best sales week for an album in the U.S. this year.

The companion album to the musical documentary film of the same name is Jackson's sixth No. 1 on the tally and it arrives with his best sales frame for an album since 1995's "HIStory" started atop the Billboard 200 with 391,000 copies.

Jackson collected his first No. 1 with "Thriller" in 1983 and later notched toppers with "Bad," "Dangerous," "HIStory" and "Invincible." Earlier this year, Jackson also notched a No. 1 on the Top Comprehensive Albums and Top Pop Catalog Albums charts with the 2003 greatest hits set "Number Ones."

The "This Is It" film bowed with late-night showings on Tuesday, Oct. 27, before rolling out wide the following day. Through Monday, Nov. 2, the film had collected $36.9 million at the box office in the U.S. and Canada. It's already the second-highest grossing musical concert film in the U.S. and Canada behind "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour" ($65.3 million).

"This Is It" is one of five albums to arrive in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart this week. The second-best debut comes from a reunited Creed, which sees its "Full Circle" enter at No. 2 with 110,000 copies. It's the band's first studio release since way back in 2001, when its "Weathered" started at No. 1 with 887,000 in its first week.

Taylor Swift's "Fearless" flies from No. 7 last week to No. 3 this week with 109,000 and a big 225% gain. The set was reissued in a "platinum" deluxe edition last week, with numerous additional bonus tracks and a DVD.

Rod Stewart's latest covers set, "Soulbook," sings out at No. 4 in its first week, starting with 84,000 while Trans-Siberian Orchestra bows at a career-high No. 5 with its new effort, "Night Castle." Sting's holiday-esque album "If On A Winter's Night" rings in the season at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 with 80,000 copies. It also reaches No. 1 on our Top Holiday Albums chart.

Last week's Billboard 200 No. 1, "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" soundtrack slips to No. 8 with 69,000 copies (down 55%), while Michael Buble's "Crazy Love" falls from No. 3 to No. 7 with 71,000 (down 30%). Last week's biggest debut, Tim McGraw's "Southern Voice," falls from No. 2 to No. 9 with 59,000 (down 57%). Rounding out the top 10 is Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3," which slides six places to No. 10 with 41,000 (down 5%).

Overall album sales in this past chart week (ending Nov. 1) totaled 6.31 million units, up 10% compared to the sum last week (5.72 million) and down 9% compared to the same sales week of 2008 (6.96 million). Year to date album sales stand at 287.6 million, down 13% compared to the same total at this point last year (332.3 million).

Re: Janet Jackson to Discuss Brother Michael's Death on Prime-time Special

Janet Jackson will discuss her brother Michael's death on an ABC prime-time special later this month, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

This Is It makes $101 million worldwide; extends run

Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts will speak to the sister of the King of Pop for an interview that is scheduled to air Nov. 18 at 10/9c. (The Jackson special will pre-empt freshman series Eastwick, which normally airs in the timeslot.)

Janet Jackson also has a new album, Number Ones, which hits stores on Nov. 17. The 34-track collection includes Jackson's greatest hits, along with a new track titled "Make Me."

Dirty Diana is not there?:monkey2

Dude!! You haven't seen it yet?...:horror

Nope...no Dirty Diana. He also doesn't do Don't Stop Till You Get Enough or Rock With You. Or maybe he does but it wasn't included in the film (fingers crossed for these songs in the Blu-ray release).

Seems^like Dirty Diana wasn't rehearsed with MJ...:monkey2
From an interview with Kenny Ortega:

Q: Were any musical numbers left out because the footage wasn’t there?

KO: Yeah, mm hmm, yeah. The day that Michael died, we were waiting for him to come in to block him into Dirty Diana, which was at the end of Dirty Diana, he stepped into an illusion and before your eyes went up in smoke and then suddenly appeared completely on the other side of the stage rising up on the cherry picker and out over to the audience for Beat It. He was really looking forward to it. The night before, he had said to me he was very happy. He saw the dream coming to life on the stage. The only thing he wanted me to say to anybody creatively, dancers, creative team was, ‘I love them. Everybody’s doing a great job. I love you, Kenny. I’ll see you tomorrow. Thank you.’ He left and we were invigorated. We came back that next day and we were all up on the stage really excited working with our illusion makers, working with our technicians. We had our aerialist, Danielle, on the stage and Tony Testa, one of our associate choreographers was standing in for Michael. It was just like we were getting everything ready for him to walk in and step into what was going to be one of his favorite days because he loved illusion. When we discovered that, in fact everything stopped.

Other songs that have been reported that were missing in the movie are:

-Dangerous
-Heal the World
-We are the World
-Will you be there
-Who is it

Other than that, there's no confirmation of any additional songs being available...
We'll have to wait for the DVD I guess...

Dude!! You haven't seen it yet?...:horror

Seems^like Dirty Diana wasn't rehearsed with MJ...:monkey2
From an interview with Kenny Ortega:

Other songs that have been reported that were missing in the movie are:

-Dangerous
-Heal the World
-We are the World
-Will you be there
-Who is it

Other than that, there's no confirmation of any additional songs being available...
We'll have to wait for the DVD I guess...

No Kuzeh, I have not seen the concert yet. I was to go on Oct. 31st had my tickets and my right leg puffed up and I had to cancel my tickets.:monkey2

It's a shame Dirty Diana is missing cos that is a classic, but I guess someone can only do so many songs in timed gig. If he were to perform all his hits he would need a concert for a day at least.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes out on DVD :rock
x :peace

I saw it and it was a little bittersweet. I think it was good people got to see him in a different light-more behind the scenes and the perfectionist he was. What was disappointing is that it was rehearsals and he was just going through the motions and not really dancing or singing trying to save up for the concert his energy and voice.

We will never see the energy of him fulling singing and dancing and that kinda mad it sad for me.

But for the amount of time they had to throw it together, I thought they did a great job.

It's a shame Dirty Diana is missing cos that is a classic, but I guess someone can only do so many songs in timed gig. If he were to perform all his hits he would need a concert for a day at least.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes out on DVD :rock
x :peace

It should be out really soon, some rumors say December, but apparently it will be until January...

I saw it and it was a little bittersweet. I think it was good people got to see him in a different light-more behind the scenes and the perfectionist he was. What was disappointing is that it was rehearsals and he was just going through the motions and not really dancing or singing trying to save up for the concert his energy and voice.

We will never see the energy of him fulling singing and dancing and that kinda mad it sad for me.

But for the amount of time they had to throw it together, I thought they did a great job.

Honestly, even though he didn't go full force, it was impressive...
though I'm a bit puzzled by the fact that the first show was just 2 weeks later and seems like there were a lot of things far from completion...

I watched it again today and it is still amazing :lol, but i would have liked him to do Bad.

I read in an article that it was tough to chose the set-list,
actually the musical director ended up choosing the songs because Michael didn't want to give some songs the axe...

I'm just glad thriller was on there. That was awesome. The thriller music video is like the coolest ???? ever. I have to say...I work at a movie theatre, and I thought this movie would start to bum me out/getting annoying after a while. but it's been a whole lot of fun. I'm not really into pop music or anything, so it's not really my thing, but he was friggin awesome. The only part that is upsetting to me is how I won't ever get to see him live. But then again this movie made me want to see him live. I wish he did something like this ten years ago.

I'm just glad thriller was on there. That was awesome. The thriller music video is like the coolest ???? ever. I have to say...I work at a movie theatre, and I thought this movie would start to bum me out/getting annoying after a while. but it's been a whole lot of fun. I'm not really into pop music or anything, so it's not really my thing, but he was friggin awesome. The only part that is upsetting to me is how I won't ever get to see him live. But then again this movie made me want to see him live. I wish he did something like this ten years ago.

There are no words to describe MJ live. I saw him during his HIStory tour, in the 10th row, and it was awe-inspiring. There are not enough adjectives to describe it...other than the best concert I have ever seen.

There are no words to describe MJ live. I saw him during his HIStory tour, in the 10th row, and it was awe-inspiring. There are not enough adjectives to describe it...other than the best concert I have ever seen.

I second that and I can't wait to watch This Is It! rehearsals/movie but the truth is it's nothing near the actual thing, his concerts R simply da best eva...

I second that and I can't wait to watch This Is It! rehearsals/movie but the truth is it's nothing near the actual thing, his concerts R simply da best eva...

I'll never have a chance to experience that... :monkey2
Gone too soon...

Back