Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the best part about this to me is that despite having fused together eyes, he still has two holes. meaning we wouldn't need to patch or drill any extra holes to add proper eyes ourselves. Anyone that wanted to make their own separated eyes could easily do so without damaging it.

The only thing Im kinda worried about is the legs, I'll be mad if we cant press him down (maybe to turn him off?)

Hello ! That make sometime as I watch your forum, and I am very intresting by the toy story collection. I am a french boy, I have 13 years old and I have on the toy story collection, Woody, Buzz, Rex, RC, and the soliders. I am a great fan of toy story from i am a baby. I have also Slinky-dog and bullseye but not toy story collection.
Sorry if my english is not very good, but I am just 13 years ^^
Does somebody know if bullseye will be in stores soon ? And if yes, when ?
And where did you find the pictures of bullseye and jessy ?
If you whant photos of my toy story collection toys, say me ; )

This is where we found the pictures of Jessie, Bullseye, and Utility Belt Buzz.
https://urban-collector.ecommerce-s...p?catalog=yhst-51568362379717&query=toy+story

And no, we don't know when they'll hit for sure, just sometime between now and June when Toy Story 3 releases.

Anyway, someone on another forum pointed out something. Mattels version of Jessie seems to be more accurate than the Thinkway versions we've seen.
jessie.jpg

I usually don't care for Mattel much at all, but I gotta admit I think they outdid thinkway in this case. They both have their pros and cons though. and I have a feeling this one isnt to scale. Its going to be hard for me to choose if the thinkway one we saw was the final version. still hoping that was just a prototype though.

Last edited:
wow.... good find with that commercial. i hope they make one for bullseye! i hope mr potato heads legs are removable. i hope that he's arms are made of bendable plastic. that would make up for the eyes. oh yeah, before i got my collection woody i got the mattel woody...... not happy! he was made of very weak plastic.i could skwesh his face in. i could bend his boots and hands. plus no accurate voice it was a very short string and was only 12 inches tall! but worst of all the hat! i could bend it into a ball! and the cheap plastic smells wierd.........

Maybe there is still hope for Potato Heads eyes. I am not convinced they have not separated them, could commercial be from before he was pulled from the schedule? Not sure how his eyes would move properly if they have independent sockets but connected eyes. Ther Certificate also shows separate eyes.

The COA's dont count for anything, their just using renders from the film.

And no, I don't think the separate sockets have anything to do with it. I'm guessing the fused eyes only uses one slot. the other slot goes unused unless you want to use it to make a picasso face.

I think that Jesse looks pretty cool overall. Going to be a hard purchase for me. I have the Buzz, Woody and RC and am contemplating a bullseye at this point. MAN I LOVE the TOY STORY stuff but I feel a little guilty that it's not something kick ass like the Blade or Batman stuff. Anyone else?

I need to get the soldiers, that would be cool!

Plus I have seen the REX, but as someone said earlier (jesu* I'm drunk, this has taken me like 15 minutes to post) it's only available in ID in the Disney store. Yes, we have a Disney store (that's going out of business and closing).

I just want an Andy's room accurate Jesse though. Love the Andy's room stuff!

This is where we found the pictures of Jessie, Bullseye, and Utility Belt Buzz.
https://urban-collector.ecommerce-s...p?catalog=yhst-51568362379717&query=toy+story

And no, we don't know when they'll hit for sure, just sometime between now and June when Toy Story 3 releases.

Anyway, someone on another forum pointed out something. Mattels version of Jessie seems to be more accurate than the Thinkway versions we've seen.
jessie.jpg

I usually don't care for Mattel much at all, but I gotta admit I think they outdid thinkway in this case. They both have their pros and cons though. and I have a feeling this one isnt to scale. Its going to be hard for me to choose if the thinkway one we saw was the final version. still hoping that was just a prototype though.

Me, I get all the toy story collection for my birthday and for christmas.
My parent bought them on the web site disney store, becaus I live in France, so it's difficult to find the toy story collection in stores.

This Jessie is pretty cool ! She has got a nice head but one thing as I don't like on Woody and Jessie, is as there mouth are not closed like in the movie. Maybe they are going to make a Jessie with closed mouth ?
Does somebody know if they will make the prospector ?

(Sorry if my english is not good)

I'm pretty sure their not going going to make a closed mouth Jessie, they didn't do it with woody either. and in Woody's case we have seen an early prototype where he did in fact have his mouth closed at one point, but they opened it by the time the final one released. so the open mouth was a conscious decision, I'm guessing they think it makes the characters look more lively. which I think is stupid because if anything the characters are supposed to look almost lifeless zombies when in their "toy" state anyway.

As for stinky Pete, Id be surprised if they didn't make him soon enough, being the only one left from the round up gang they haven't shown yet.

I've seen comments that said Thinkway re-released TSC Buzz without the electronic head movement. Is that true?

Interesting...that does appear to be the case. The guy's Buzz in that video doesnt move its head, and the commenter confirmed it wasnt just his. Maybe they took it out to spend more time on quality control?

Thanks for your answer !
Well, for Buzz, why would they make a new Buzz ? I think it's nice when his head is moving. But maybe that is true, because it's not realy realist because his head move, but not his mouth, so I think it's true.
But, I will never buy a new Buzz because first, I don't have money, and second, there is no reason to buy a new exept if the new buzz is whith his utility belt. But I think the should make just the utility belt, not whith a new buzz, like a property.

I have a question. How come most of the Buzz & Woody i've seen, 50% of them really, that are sold in 5/6 retail stores including Toys R Us have double tape at the bottom cover? and it seems as though someone has cut through the 1st layer of tape and covered it back with a 2nd layer. But all of them seems to be unplayed with, because i've peeked all of them through the gap and saw that their twisty ties still looked untouched. My friend did opened up his Buzz & Woody and told me that the twisty ties does looked factory fresh. and another thing is that all the tapes on all sides are already starting to go yellow as though it has been in storage for years

So is this a case of customers returning their purchase (which is possible but it affects 100-120 out of 200+ i've seen) or did the factory did a recall to fix a bug and place it back in the box and placed the 2nd tape?

It is clear that there is a few probles with the collection, so I've did a bit of research and have come up with the features that Woody would need to be PERFECT'O:

accurate facial expression
seperated fingers like the 90's ones
paint that won't scratch off so easily
no Disney Pixar labels on woody or his hat! box only
the hat can lose the holes!
a pullstring that has a shorter ring, longer string and goes back into his back as he speaks (like 50's dolls)
with the accurate pullstring he would have more stuffing which would make him softer and more floppy, also in the movie his head flops around with more stuffing so would he
he only needs to say these phrase in the accurate voice
howdy partner my names sheriff woody
Hey! Howdy! Hey!
reach for the sky!
this town ain't big enough for the two of us!
yer my favourite deputeeey!
there's a snake in my boot!
yeeehaw! gidyup partner we gotta get this wagon train a movin'!
somebody's poisoned the water hole!
ride like the wind! yeeeeeeeeeehaw!
still needs the stand and accurate box
still needs the awesome certificate of authenticity
only needs those 9 phrases with no interactiveness
being an 50's type doll he would not need an off switch and no battery changes or velcrow patch so he could be fully sealed!

thats my dream woody! tune in next time for the perfect'o buzz!:D

a pullstring that has a shorter ring, longer string and goes back into his back as he speaks (like 50's dolls)

thats my dream woody! tune in next time for the perfect'o buzz!:D

Completely agree. Mainly re the drawstring though. The fact it does not filter back in slowly as he talks saddened me a little.

So Thinkway's apparently going to be at Toy Fair. Wonder if we'll see anything beyond what's already been shown.

Back