Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to finally see some new additions. Jessie definitely looks a bit off, but not too bad. Bullseye looks absolutely perfect, can't wait to see him in person. The new Buzz is kind of ridiculous, but in a way I don't really mind too much cause it would be cool to have him in a display as like the whole TS2 cast. Still some missing pieces of course. Zurg please.

I can't wait for wave 2!!!!!! I'm diffenately getting Bullseye first! I'm still getting Jessie. But I won't get Bonus Belt Buzz.

I hope they also make Slinky, Hamm, Rocky, Wheezy, Snake, Robot and Zurg would be nice. If they did all of those I guess it would be a good idea to make Stinky Pete aswell.

the only problem i have is that buzz lightyear STILL has annoyingly short wingspan!!!! wth!!! i thought they would have fixed that after 15 years. in the movie it was much longer, when i was 10 years old and got a buzz lightyear, the wings were soooo short and it bugged me even back then! things dont seem to have improved much.

the only problem i have is that buzz lightyear STILL has annoyingly short wingspan!!!! wth!!! i thought they would have fixed that after 15 years. in the movie it was much longer, when i was 10 years old and got a buzz lightyear, the wings were soooo short and it bugged me even back then! things dont seem to have improved much.

What are you talking about, their twice as long as the 90s buzz. their not as long as in the movie, but it would be physically impossible to have them fold up and stay that long. the only ones Ive that seem to match the real length are the ones with detachable wings.

What are you talking about, their twice as long as the 90s buzz. their not as long as in the movie, but it would be physically impossible to have them fold up and stay that long. the only ones Ive that seem to match the real length are the ones with detachable wings.

oh, did they make a normal sized buzz lightyear with detachable wings? i might be interested if they did.

Sorry fellow "freaks" (always think of Madagascar when I type that) I know this post is quite old but I was lol at that last pic and the Mario Luigi comic strip. I'm new so it's new to me I suppose. Nice post...had to comment on it!

I'm glad I found this thread 'cause I totally dig my Andy's Room Buzz and Woody. I also picked up RC at Target during their clearance for $30. I haven't completely decided to keep it but I really like it, I just don't have room for it right now and I hate putting things in a closet. Feel like if I do this I'm condemning RC to a Wheezy fate (guess that turned out good in the end!).

Anyways, thanks really like the pics!

These guys are starting to show up in stores and deserve their own thread. If you haven't heard, Thinkway has produced new toys designed to be closer replicas of the movie models.

Buzz: https://www.disneystore.com/toys-to...n-figure-by-thinkway-toys-12/p/1248469/13919/

Woody: https://www.disneystore.com/action-...n-figure-by-thinkway-toys-15/p/1248475/11798/

Rex: https://www.disneystore.com/toys-pr...n-figure-by-thinkway-toys-13/p/1248481/13919/

RC: https://www.disneystore.com/toys-pr...tion-rc-car-by-thinkway-toys/p/1248493/13919/

Space Aliens: https://www.disneystore.com/action-...iens-by-thinkway-toys-3-pack/p/1248503/11798/

Soldiers: https://www.disneystore.com/toys-pr...-o-soldiers-by-thinkway-toys/p/1247709/13919/

Toys R Us and Target had Buzz for $50. I saw RC at Target for $65 and Woody at Toys R Us for $50.

I picked up a Buzz at Toys R Us. They were just put up recently, but all of the Buzz boxes were a bit squashed so it looks like they were packed too tightly. Despite being marketed as replicas, paint apps were a bit spotty, so compare them at the store if you can. They varied a bit, particularly in the face. I had to return the first one because the red wing light wasn't working, so check that out as well.

Buzz has two modes. The first is the demo setting/toy mode with basic light and sound features. It also has an interactive mode that responds to noises, opening the flip-up communicator, retracting the helmet, and popping out the wings. If the wings are out, Buzz makes flying noises when you pick him up. The head also turns automatically.

Quality control is standard for a toy, though not up to par for replicas. All in all though, it's a nice piece at $50.

buzz1.jpg

buzz2.jpg

buzz3.jpg

buzz4.jpg

buzz5.jpg

buzz6.jpg

buzz7.jpg

buzz8.jpg

BUZZ9.jpg

Made this to help me see what was off.
comparejessie.gif
the main problem is of course the smile, but more than that is the waist, it needs to be thinner, and then theres some other details like her nose needing some paint, and the detailing on her shirt needing to be more fine, but those are easier to forget when not directly comparing them. it they could just fix that smile and the waist she be nearly perfect.

Very cool comparison, for me it seems to be partially that her head seems a little more round on the figure.

Hmmm?

I couldn't figure out what the new Buzz was either until I started reading the posts. If that's the only difference, the belt, they won't sell that well. Maybe when TS3 comes out, but probably not before.
All of the stores around here (ID) didn't move any of these until TRU put them on sale for $20 off. Then after that, again, nothing moved.

Does anyone know when these are supposed to be hitting? I swear I've already seen an Andy's Room Jesse, but maybe it was just a regular one? Can't remember it was around the holidays and I like to drink, haha.

Yeah, theres a cheap one out already, with plastic hair instead of yarn, and only 30 sayings.

oh, did they make a normal sized buzz lightyear with detachable wings? i might be interested if they did.

Ive mainly seen smaller ones with normal sized (in proportion) detachable wings, but the figure was hardly accurate. Ive also see a "flying" buzz that you hang from your ceiling and I think it had full sized wings, but my memory is vague on that.

got another question. went to walmart and they have a buzz lightyear and it looks looks like the same exact one thats in the "spaceship" box. my questions is, IS it the same one? only cuz the one in the spaceship box from the movie is 60 bucks while the one in the regular box is only 30. whats the difference between the 2 besides the packageing?

got another question. went to walmart and they have a buzz lightyear and it looks looks like the same exact one thats in the "spaceship" box. my questions is, IS it the same one? only cuz the one in the spaceship box from the movie is 60 bucks while the one in the regular box is only 30. whats the difference between the 2 besides the packageing?

His body is different and he doesn't have the screen accurate wingspan effect...

ok, so ive been thinking about it lately and i just broke down and had to get myself a buzz, the toy story collection one. the figure is indeed awsome and i wish i could post pics. hes got everything i wish my buzz lightyear had as a kid. the ONLY thing so far that i can see wrong is that his helmet effects dont seem to work. when you open his helmet he is supposed to talk and stuff, but mine isnt working. anyone else experience this problem? is there something i have to do to get his helmet working? also, i cant get him to talk back in interactive mode. also, it says he has 65 sayings but so far i think i heard like less then 10. how do you get these to work?

beyond these little things, i am happy to have buzz back in my collection all shiny and new after all these years. havent had buzz lightyear since i was a kid practically. his wingspan is muuuch better then the one i used to have, and the lights on the wings and glow in the dark armor is sweet! i am thinking about a woody now, even though buzz was always my favorite of the 2. and the movie accurate spaceship box is beyond cool, i think thats really what made me want to buy a new buzz, the box is so cool and even comes with the wings! i am impressed.

also, is rex out yet?? hes one of my favorites from the movie!

Last edited:
You got a defective like my first one, either take it back to the store you bought it from (what I did) or email/call Thinkway directly. their good about replacing stuff.

Yes, Rex is out, but impossible to find in stores. at least in my case...

Ive heard he might only be sold in Disney stores but can't confirm. Wish I could find a place online that had him for a decent price.

ok, so ive been thinking about it lately and i just broke down and had to get myself a buzz, the toy story collection one. the figure is indeed awsome and i wish i could post pics. hes got everything i wish my buzz lightyear had as a kid. the ONLY thing so far that i can see wrong is that his helmet effects dont seem to work. when you open his helmet he is supposed to talk and stuff, but mine isnt working. anyone else experience this problem? is there something i have to do to get his helmet working? also, i cant get him to talk back in interactive mode. also, it says he has 65 sayings but so far i think i heard like less then 10. how do you get these to work?

beyond these little things, i am happy to have buzz back in my collection all shiny and new after all these years. havent had buzz lightyear since i was a kid practically. his wingspan is muuuch better then the one i used to have, and the lights on the wings and glow in the dark armor is sweet! i am thinking about a woody now, even though buzz was always my favorite of the 2. and the movie accurate spaceship box is beyond cool, i think thats really what made me want to buy a new buzz, the box is so cool and even comes with the wings! i am impressed.

also, is rex out yet?? hes one of my favorites from the movie!

Have you possibly only got him in 'demo' mode and not 'on'.

Back