Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who whine about their childhood being "raped" when it comes to movies.
You're not entitled to ownership over anything someone else creates, no matter how much it meant to you during your formative years. You just sound like a brat.

People who whine about their childhood being "raped" when it comes to movies.
You're not entitled to ownership over anything someone else creates, no matter how much it meant to you during your formative years. You just sound like a brat.

Thank you! I can't stand it when people say that.

There are countless "______ raped my childhood" posts in the movies section here and all over the web. It was probably the single most posted phrase about Bay when the first Transformers came out. And they continued to say it before and after paying to watch each successive movie. :lol

Granted, I think the actual phrase is used more now to poke fun of the people whining about something being touched in a way they don't like. But it is accurately based. The sentiment is certainly there, and the whining is real every day. :lol

I've never actually seen it said that I can recall, not those words anyway.

The only time I've read "raped my childhood" on this board has been in the above context, ie people complaining about people complaining about Bay, Lucas etc.

"Countless posts"? If that's true then perhaps a ZOMG thread is warranted.

I did a quick search in the movie forum, and it's used by some seriously and others in jest.
Billions of people on the web. Some of them are nitpicky geeks that love their entertainment a little too fanatically. I think "countless posts" is a fair claim. :lol But, please, nitpick this one to death like it's important. It's bound to happen around here. :rotfl

Petty digs. Cool! :lol

I only pass it off as correct to me, today. I'm not really interested in fact-checking a passing complaint.

tumblr_loja3rOUWz1qfzutqo1_r1_1280.jpg

I did a quick search in the movie forum, and it's used by some seriously and others in jest.
Billions of people on the web. Some of them are nitpicky geeks that love their entertainment a little too fanatically. I think "countless posts" is a fair claim. :lol But, please, nitpick this one to death like it's important. It's bound to happen around here. :rotfl

It's lazy hyperbole attached to an incredibly distasteful term. So yeah, it is important when people perpetuate unsubstantiated nonsense.

It's lazy hyperbole attached to an incredibly distasteful term. So yeah, it is important when people perpetuate unsubstantiated nonsense.
I see now that this thread is for important and precise grievances. My apologies. I regret the upset my oversight has caused, and I hope the riots end soon with minimal damage to property and no loss of life.

That wasnt directed at you, it was just a post for the thread. :lol

Uh-huh... :wink1:

I see the "raped my childhood" term pop up almost every time there's a thread for a new film reboot or sequel, which is quite often, so I'd say it's used enough to warrant attention.

Things I hate: The word "turd".

I agree it's harsh, and admittedly I only use it when I'm gibing such babies. Too bad the gist of my gripe was lost to semantics as if I was the first to say that. :dunno

Back