Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smokers spit a lot (i guess for obvious reasons)

something that really really disgusts me is the people that carry a pepsi bottle around and they spit on it every 20 seconds... while it is nice that they are not spitting on the floor, the fact that i have to see a bottle full of the grossest things imaginable really grosses me out

They're probably either using chew or pinch.

I've said this before and I'm saying it again since I've come across a few newbies who are using it. I HATE when people use the word "peeps" for anything other than marshmallow chicks. :monkey4

Ignorant white trash morons who don't know how to properly care for their pets.

My new neighbors keep their (less than a year old) puppy in the backyard, chained to a tree so he doesn't jump over the fence, and then leave their house for the entire day (sometimes even the entire weekend I think) while the poor puppy just barks and whines constantly. Not only is this absolutely horrible for the dog, but it's annoying as hell for the people who live nearby and have to listen to loud whimpering 24/7.

The puppy unintentionally wraps his chain around the tree so he only has 3-4 feet to move freely if even that much. We've also been having severe thunderstorms for the past month and a half. Thunder, lightning, hail, intense rain and wind, etc.

I knocked on the door but the idiots weren't home (as usual), so I went in their yard to try and unravel the puppy's chain with no success. He was scared of me and shivering like crazy.

And you know what the funny thing is? They did the exact same thing with their previous puppy, until they got rid of him because I imagine they found him to be too much trouble.

Oh and there are their two cats, one of which is so evil-looking I feel it's plotting my demise every time I see it. They both love to poop/vomit on the porch and flowerbed.

I ****ing hate these people.

Wow, that really sounds like grounds for reporting them and hopefully getting them barred from owning animals. That's a disgrace.

Why do such people buy pets in the first place? I don't understand.

Animal welfare can't really do too much about it unless there is clearly visible sign of neglect and abuse - and on that measure, sadly, a dog tied to a tree hardly qualifies. Child welfare has enough of a hard time removing children from abusive situations let alone pets.

Well if a dog is being abandoned for long stretches without being fed and without exercise would that not constitute neglect? To say nothing of the extreme boredom it must be enduring. Sickens me to read stuff like this.

It's definitely neglect. But is it serious enough for poorly-funded and resourced animal welfare agencies to intervene? And when they intervene, what then? Remove the dog and lock it up until either some family decides they want it and will care for it, or otherwise euthanise it?

Some people are just ratbags.

Wow, that really sounds like grounds for reporting them and hopefully getting them barred from owning animals. That's a disgrace.

Why do such people buy pets in the first place? I don't understand.

Animal welfare can't really do too much about it unless there is clearly visible sign of neglect and abuse - and on that measure, sadly, a dog tied to a tree hardly qualifies. Child welfare has enough of a hard time removing children from abusive situations let alone pets.
Unfortunately I don't think the neglect would be viewed as harsh enough for action to be taken by the authorities/animal welfare.

I live in a very small, backwoods town with a lot of dumbass rednecks. I'm sure this is happening in other parts of my town as well.

Well if a dog is being abandoned for long stretches without being fed and without exercise would that not constitute neglect? To say nothing of the extreme boredom it must be enduring. Sickens me to read stuff like this.
Despite how miserable he is, physically he looks healthy, so he must be getting enough food somehow. When I went over to help him I didn't see a food bowl, but there was a water bowl, being re-filled by the constant rain I imagine.
The last dog they had, a young blue heeler, was too small to drink out of the water "bowl" they gave him, which was really a 1-2-foot bucket. :slap

:yess: As soon as I posted that I knew someone would eventually jump on it!

My new neighbors keep their (less than a year old) puppy in the backyard, chained to a tree so he doesn't jump over the fence, and then leave their house for the entire day (sometimes even the entire weekend I think) while the poor puppy just barks and whines constantly. Not only is this absolutely horrible for the dog, but it's annoying as hell for the people who live nearby and have to listen to loud whimpering 24/7.

The puppy unintentionally wraps his chain around the tree so he only has 3-4 feet to move freely if even that much. We've also been having severe thunderstorms for the past month and a half. Thunder, lightning, hail, intense rain and wind, etc.

I knocked on the door but the idiots weren't home (as usual), so I went in their yard to try and unravel the puppy's chain with no success. He was scared of me and shivering like crazy.

And you know what the funny thing is? They did the exact same thing with their previous puppy, until they got rid of him because I imagine they found him to be too much trouble.

Oh and there are their two cats, one of which is so evil-looking I feel it's plotting my demise every time I see it. They both love to poop/vomit on the porch and flowerbed.

That sounds awful. I wish it were easier to complain about such things :(

Can't you call the ASPCA or something? That sounds terrible.

What are your ASPCA or human societies like? Are they no kill? You could always take it off the chain and take it there saying you found it wondering around and didn't know who the owner was.

You could always take pictures of it and video it and post them on facebook to shame them. People love to share that stuff all over. :lol

Like the idea of pulling off a little 'black op' and saving the pup next time they're gone for the weekend and leave him chained up. :lol

Like the shaming idea, too, but could see that being problematic. Might come back on Xeno, since they're neighbours, plus you never know if they'll take their frustrations out on the puppy behind closed doors. :(

I saw the saddest thing this weekend. I took my kids to a local zoo and they had a beautiful falcon in a large enclosure. While everyone was staring at it, all it was trying to do was fly. It was opening it's wings and it just couldn't do it, it didn't have enough space. You could see the fustration in its face. This poor bird has the ability to fly and it was locked prisoner.

Ugh, yeah, I hate seeing stuff like that, too. So many half-assed zoos out there. I'd rather have no zoo at all than a cramped one that's not up to snuff (which in Calgary would mean having no zoo).

Every zoo needs to be shut down as far as I'm concerned. The animals always look confused or depressed, there's rampant abuse going on behind the scenes, and I've never seen a happy bird at ANY zoo that I've been to as a child. I used to go to the Bronx Zoo a lot, and I remember one day, I saw a bald head eagle with its head drooping down. It had the saddest eyes ever. Eagles are proud, regal creatures, and they should never look like that. It's cruel for the animals, and painful to watch for onlookers who have a heart.

If people want to see animals close-up, they should take a walk in the woods, and see them in their natural habitats. If they want to see lions, rhinos and elephants, plan a trip to a reservation in Africa for a safari. Or, if they can't afford it, there's always YouTube. Nature needs to be respected, and not showcased for people's entertainment at the expense of the animals.

Back