Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't understand why certain people get pets. Why burden yourself with the responsibility in the first place when you're not prepared to do right by them.

***ts.

I've never understood that either. Those animal rescue shows really upset me.

Can't you call the ASPCA or something? That sounds terrible.

What are your ASPCA or human societies like? Are they no kill? You could always take it off the chain and take it there saying you found it wondering around and didn't know who the owner was.

You could always take pictures of it and video it and post them on facebook to shame them. People love to share that stuff all over. :lol
I'm not sure. It might be worth a try. He's still being fed apparently, has water, and I don't think he's being physically abused. He is let off the chain sometimes when they're home (how else would he dig up all the plants in the flowerbed and make massive holes in the yard? :rolleyes2), but he's definitely chained up more than not.

I just figure the neglect won't be considered harsh enough.

Every zoo needs to be shut down as far as I'm concerned. The animals always look confused or depressed, there's rampant abuse going on behind the scenes, and I've never seen a happy bird at ANY zoo that I've been to as a child. I used to go to the Bronx Zoo a lot, and I remember one day, I saw a bald head eagle with its head drooping down. It had the saddest eyes ever. Eagles are proud, regal creatures, and they should never look like that. It's cruel for the animals, and painful to watch for onlookers who have a heart.

If people want to see animals close-up, they should take a walk in the woods, and see them in their natural habitats. If they want to see lions, rhinos and elephants, plan a trip to a reservation in Africa for a safari. Or, if they can't afford it, there's always YouTube. Nature needs to be respected, and not showcased for people's entertainment at the expense of the animals.
I think zoos have been vastly improving. At least mine has. Still though, they have a long way to go before they can be adequate comparisons to the animals' natural homes.

I know my zoo will take in injured animals, and give them better homes than they would likely find elsewhere. For example two bald eagles that were injured and can't fly now reside at my local zoo. One was hit by a truck, not sure about the other. They have a roofless enclosure and actually a significant amount of land.

Well managed zoos are essential conservation and education hubs. Shutting them down would be an environmental disaster.

Idk what people are talking about I live in a zoo everyday... :dunno the animals go in their inclosures please the crowd from 9-5 go back in the cave and do it everyday. Occasionally I throw popcorn at one animal with a shiny badge, but he justs beef ups and shows his dominance display by throwing grass.

Well managed zoos are essential conservation and education hubs. Shutting them down would be an environmental disaster.

Yep, and the birds in the posts above could have been injured, correct? Id rather have that bird in captivity looking sad than injured and dead in the wild.

Other animals are endangered. Again, I would ask where is it better to have that animal? Contained to it can be protected/repopulate or in the wild where it can die off/be poached.

Having paying customers is just business.

Idk what people are talking about I live in a zoo everyday... :dunno the animals go in their inclosures please the crowd from 9-5 go back in the cave and do it everyday. Occasionally I throw popcorn at one animal with a shiny badge, but he justs beef ups and shows his dominance display by throwing grass.

That's funny! :lol I work in a PK & K school. Talk about working with animals! :lol

Ugh, just woke up to find all the pot plants from out the front were stolen last night. WTF? Criminals are ****ing weird.

Just the plants, or the pots as well?

If they're worn, old terra cotta pots, they'll probably sell them at flea markets or someplace like it. People love to pay a lot for old terra cotta pots.
If they're just plain ceramic of plastic pots, then yeah, they're ****ing weird. :lol

Ugh, just woke up to find all the pot plants from out the front were stolen last night. WTF? Criminals are ****ing weird.

tumblr_m0qwmkYJQr1roxvbmo1_500.jpg

No one takes my pot plants... No one... *cocks gun*

Just the plants, or the pots as well?

If they're worn, old terra cotta pots, they'll probably sell them at flea markets or someplace like it. People love to pay a lot for old terra cotta pots.
If they're just plain ceramic of plastic pots, then yeah, they're ****ing weird. :lol

All terracotta :slap Good point.

:nono It was a pot reference :lol

:gah: Everything I say in this thread is twisted into something else!

Back