The Zartan thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not much of Zartan fan but I do like him with the rest of the Dreadknocks, bookmarked for home since I can't see the pics here at work.

I always liked Grungaboy's Zartan custom. It's been around for years now, but I still totally dig it.

Zartan1.jpg

more pics here:

https://www.escala1sexto.com.br/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1672&sid=7d48339c7351a9f532d104bea8c131e9

Mando are you going to make a custom Zartan? I whould like to see it your custom Joes are so cool.

Mando are you going to make a custom Zartan? I whould like to see it your custom Joes are so cool.

Definitely a high one on my wants list. The only problem with Z is that a lot of his costume would need to be scratch built.. It's certainly something I've been toying with and I really want to jump into Cobras.

Today's Q/A says they ARE working on Zartan and the color changing feature and swamp skier are good possibilites! :rock

:eek :banana

Of course, with so many characters apparently being "worked on," I don't want to think of how long we might be waiting. . .for a figure that may or may not end up getting produced.

But if it does happen, I hope they learn from Hasbro's recent mistakes regarding color change. I don't need no puke green face that turns slightly greener in the freezer.

yeh... not sure on the color change... perhaps that'll be Exclusive Zartan's feature, an extra head?

They were able to get the original figure to change color back in the 80's. That included the body and face. I don't see why Sideshow can't do that now. It is possible for an exclusive feature, but surely they can do it without making him permenantly blue like Krycek's black eyes. That was a really stupid move since the regular got canceled.

More than likely the Skier will the the exclusive, moving into exclusives more like the Indy line.

No, I meant that the exclusive could be an Extra head with a color change feature, not an extra head that was allways blue. That way those of us that Hate action features of ANY KIND and don't want them in our toys ( raises hand) are not forced to have them, or simply go without.

I don't know that you would want to put a $100 figure out in the sun (at least, not here in southern Louisiana) to play with the "color change" feature, either. This isn't going to be a $5 toy.

Regarding an extra head, unless they do "Devil's Due" Zartan with full, long-sleeved shirt (I hope that they don't do this, btw), you would expect that the arms and stomach would change color, too. So, if they do it at all, I think it would need to be the entire body and head.

I don't know that you would want to put a $100 figure out in the sun (at least, not here in southern Louisiana) to play with the "color change" feature, either. This isn't going to be a $5 toy.

Regarding an extra head, unless they do "Devil's Due" Zartan with full, long-sleeved shirt (I hope that they don't do this, btw), you would expect that the arms and stomach would change color, too. So, if they do it at all, I think it would need to be the entire body and head.

i really hope that it looks like the original v1 zartan that came with the swamp skier and that can be the exclusive. that being said im really scared how sideshow will tackle all the exposed joints. it would be awesome if they did some kind of muscle body ala hot toys. hint hint. :monkey3

As I posted somewhere else, I can't imagine Sideshow spending the money involved in getting a rubber suit together, but if they somehow did, I would hope it would be similar to the forthcoming HT figures that have a cut at the shoulder joints, so you can move their arms up and down.

I don't mind the exposed joints so much, personally, but think the best solution is giving people both outfits (classic and "modern") with a regular Pro body, so those who have issues with the joints can just go the "Devil's Due" route.

Back