The Zartan thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zartan_and_serpentor.jpg

Funny enough, in the comics, Zartan was more loyal to Cobra Commander than just about anyone else, despite supposedly being an independent contractor-type. Major Bludd, Baroness, Destro, and others seemed a lot more likely to turn on him at any given time. Storm Shadow, of course, was essentially a spy who never intended on supporting Cobra Commander after he found out who killed the Hard Master. I don't know what constitutes being a member of Cobra exactly, but unless you want to limit it to troopers, vipers, the Commander himself, and a small handful of other, glorified troops (like Scrap Iron, maybe Major Bludd), it is ambiguous.

Funny enough, in the comics, Zartan was more loyal to Cobra Commander than just about anyone else, despite supposedly being an independent contractor-type. Major Bludd, Baroness, Destro, and others seemed a lot more likely to turn on him at any given time. Storm Shadow, of course, was essentially a spy who never intended on supporting Cobra Commander after he found out who killed the Hard Master. I don't know what constitutes being a member of Cobra exactly, but unless you want to limit it to troopers, vipers, the Commander himself, and a small handful of other, glorified troops (like Scrap Iron, maybe Major Bludd), it is ambiguous.

I think that had more to do with not biting the hand that feeds him than anything else. Nevertheless, Zartan, unless disguised, despite 18 variants, never wore the Cobra sigil except for this retarded version (DDP?) which I never saw anywhere:

zartan13large.jpg

I guess who qualifies as a cobra or not can be quite important when it comes to giving them a base. Does Zartan come with a Cobra base or a Dreadnock base? Would they dare pull a lame Clone exclusive and make the Dreadnock base the exclusive?

I don't think Major Bludd had the Cobra logo (at least on the original figure) but I do consider him part of the Cobra High Command. He was the commanding officer in the field most of the time unless CC, Destro, or the Baroness showed up. But he does have his own logo which is a skull with a knife through it. But I think a Cobra Logo on Bludd would be just fine as he is more of a full time Cobra than Zartan ever was.

Back