The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard he did it for a movie, but yeah...it's weird...but his hair was thinning up top so much anyways so it probably was the way to go for him if it wasn't for a movie role.

If you were on the fence about watching Crown Jewel, don't bother unless you want to watch a WCW 2000 level event.

If you were on the fence about watching Crown Jewel, don't bother unless you want to watch a WCW 2000 level event.

Yeah what a complete failure..worse crowd than GRR to top it all off, worst ppv this year by far ...seriously Vince needs to end ties with this country ASAP . I’m seriously considering ending my Network subscription :gah:

Cena and Bryan did the right thing by declining, they would’ve gotten screwed with the writing

The last 30 minutes seemed like they really didn’t care anymore about the booking, other than the main event. Honestly, I think Vince just said “ I got their sales , now I don’t give a damn what we come up with for match results...let’s move on to SS “

I hope the Saudis retaliate and say “ Sorry WWE , we don’t want you anymore “ but it probably won’t happen :slap

I’m seriously considering ending my Network subscription :gah:

To me, it's not even really a question.

I cancelled shortly after they finally ... officially decided to move forward with the event, in spite of all the political news. I was holding out hope they would do the right thing, but alas, no.

Kinda sucks cuz they are doing good things with NXT and the MYC. The Evolution show was much better than the standard PPV ... which turned out because it was the NXT production crew, go figure. There is good quality stuff they're doing on the Network, but when they value Saudi Arabia's money over everything else, I can't go for that.

Dynamite Kid passed away. Loved the British Bulldogs as a kid and later his stuff with Tiger Mask in Japan.

I heard Hogan and others mentioning all the deceased wrestling personalities, and it really bums me out. Monsoon, Heenan, and Mean Gene gone now. Those guys, along with Jesse Ventura, were the glue that helped pull everything wrestling together for me as a kid. I loved Gene's voice and his personality. I got a kick out of his subtle facial gestures when someone like Macho Man or Warrior said something wacky. Such a bummer.

On another note, I LOVE the "New" Daniel Bryan. That guy is so damn good. He's changed his personality fundamentally so many times over his career, and he always does such a great job with it. I hope WWE doesn't screw this up somehow (spoiler: they will!). A few weeks ago I saw him say, "I've got 'til 5, referee" for the first time in the WWE. I kept waiting for him to do that during his first heel run on Smackdown years ago. This is the closest he's been to his ROH persona, but he's added a chicken **** element to it, on top of his judgmental ******* personality. And the wrestling is more entertaining than it has been since his return IMO. So, so good.

Haven't really watched anything in a while, but I did get the Hogan tribute in my youtube feed. Goodness, I think he actually broke character there for a little.. :O

This show could have finished after the Kofi match for me. Then I realized there were 6 more matches. I swear this show gets longer every year.

This show could have finished after the Kofi match for me. Then I realized there were 6 more matches. I swear this show gets longer every year.

They went with quantity when they should have opted for quality. Definitely too long of a show, several matches didn't need to be there and could've just happened within the battle royal or on tv but they wanted the names on the card (Roman-Drew for instance). Those should've had more stakes involved if they wanted people to care, put more names in it with potential of winning and not the stupid SNL celebrities... women's battle royal could've had Asuka defend her belt (before losing it) against everyone claiming no one was ready, making her look strong for issuing the challenge whether she wins or not. 16 matches and not a single ladder match, could've made the Smackdown tag match more exciting by adding that stipulation. HHH and Batista was a snore fest, didn't need it, but I'm guessing they wanted his celebrity status? Already 9 belts to defend. Just putting out stuff on my mind, but yes I agree, they definitely need to shorten it, 5 hrs max is enough.

Back