The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to me it was a great show, but not the greatest. As a Saudi, born and raised, and a huge WWE fan since 1991, it felt good seeing this kind of event taking place especially with so much going on in my country.

On some comments coming from guys, but this is our heritage that you're mocking. And no, we don't have machine guns so chill.
:pfft:

I read here and there about crowd are silent/dead. You can't compare the American crowd to any other crowds in the whole world. The wrestling, sports, and entertainment is a way of life in the States. Been there for almost 6 years and I know what I'm talking about. Comparing this thing to what happened yesterday is unfair. This is new to the whole culture, yes the people here are aware of everything going on around the world, especially entertainment, but we never had the chance to live it or feel it. So, yeah change is on the way step by step.

On the women matches, every promo showed on the screen last night, crowd was cheering for (Sasha Banks) and (Alexa Bliss). The idea is there, gotta wait for the right time to present it.

Now, let's go back on why the crowd didn't show any pulse. Well, you're wrong and right at the same time. You see, the back stands which was WAY WAY back from the ring, they were on fire and cheering all the time. Yes, most of the people like 90% of them, they only came to see The Undertaker, John Cena, and Roman Reigns. They even don't recognize a lot of wrestlers that I even told the guy next to me that was Dolph Ziggler not Shawn Michaels. :rotfl
Literally so many people went home after the steel cage match. Which I believe they don't give a s*** about the rumble match. Not to mention the whole card are rematches, so no big deal.

dw316 mentioned a pop moment during AJ Styles vs. Nakamura, those were soccer chants and waves. LOL

Second thing, VVIP/VIP/Gold/Ringside tickets were only for the government officials and their families, royal families, social media snappers/bloggers and so on. It was a dead area to me. It's like what (posterguy) said, see and be seen. I see them from the stands in the back they couldn't move a muscle. It was like a funeral not an event. A lot of youths spoke about the stupid organization and I have let them hear my voice too about it. Tickets must be available to everyone, especially the ones in the ringside.

Last but not least, reaction mostly was dead due to the long time of the event. from 7pm to 12:05am.

As I said, don't judge a thing by its first time. I have been watching every RAW/SD and PPVs, I have witnessed a live and dead crowd even in the States. But I can't blame them for sitting for 5 hours straight and probably with a weak and repetitive card.

That's pretty cool that you went, it's nice to hear how it was from someone in attendance! I agree that it was too long, felt like WM34 all over again as the time went by. I was curious about what happened since at that point, I don't know, maybe 3 hours in? the crowd had died a bit compared to the opener and IC match but all of a sudden, when AJ and Shinsuke were basically in like headlocks on the ground, the crowd pop just went nuts and I was wondering what was happening, haha :lol

On Sami's situation, we have so many Syrian people here in Saudi, especially in Jeddah, like SO MANY. I guess the conflict on him being a Bashar Al-Asad supporter, not just being a Syrian person. Or something else I'm not aware of. It's weird tho.

I'm pretty sure that's inaccurate.

His parents are Syrian, he was born in Montreal. I believe the issue is that he financially supports a mobile clinic to help the people in need in Syria. From what little I understand, there's a conflict between Saudi Arabia and Syria, so with Sami being pretty outspoken politically, I think WWE was just playing it safe.

In fact, I'd wager that Sami requested not to go because he's not of fan of the repressive nature of the environment in Saudi Arabia.

Based on what little I know of him, the time he spends on humanitarian causes and the nature of his tweets, I'd be very surprised to see that he supported someone like Assad.

That's pretty cool that you went, it's nice to hear how it was from someone in attendance! I agree that it was too long, felt like WM34 all over again as the time went by. I was curious about what happened since at that point, I don't know, maybe 3 hours in? the crowd had died a bit compared to the opener and IC match but all of a sudden, when AJ and Shinsuke were basically in like headlocks on the ground, the crowd pop just went nuts and I was wondering what was happening, haha :lol

Yeah, it was an amazing experience as it's the second time for me to attend.
Actually the whole event was 5 hours. :lol
WM34 all over again. Started at 7pm til 12:05am.
Sadly, the stands were way back from the ring, which you can't hear a thing! Those guys in the ringside area they're only fans of the old timers of wrestling, Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Piper, The Snake, and of course The Undertaker. I believe they came with their kids to see John Cena. Nothing more. lol
Also, the crown prince himself attended the event inside a special room on the top of the stadium. Media didn't talk about it as it was like a secret attendance or something off duty. Event had its goods and bads. The crowd needs a cheerleader tbh

I'm pretty sure that's inaccurate.

His parents are Syrian, he was born in Montreal. I believe the issue is that he financially supports a mobile clinic to help the people in need in Syria. From what little I understand, there's a conflict between Saudi Arabia and Syria, so with Sami being pretty outspoken politically, I think WWE was just playing it safe.

In fact, I'd wager that Sami requested not to go because he's not of fan of the repressive nature of the environment in Saudi Arabia.

Based on what little I know of him, the time he spends on humanitarian causes and the nature of his tweets, I'd be very surprised to see that he supported someone like Assad.

Well, I don't know about that tbh and never cared to know. Haha
But thank you for clarifying it to me, much appreciated.

DSCN8167.JPG

I've been listening to Jim Cornette shoots and interviews recently and the guy is a riot. I only vaguely remember him as a kid when he was managing Vader.

I love how much he despises Shawn Michaels :lol

Aside from the Rollins/Miz match Backlash was just like the finish to Nakamura/Styles.
I thought the Styles match was awesome. . . until the stupid ending. Best of the three. But the ppv as a whole was a mixed bag. Last match was not well structured, and the fact that a non champion in Reigns goes on after the only world championship match reinforced everything the fans hate about Reigns, and undercuts the ridiculous angle that McMahon doesn't want him to be the guy.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don’t agree why they called Backlash one of the worst ppvs..so what if no titles switched

The matches were tooth and nail and very competitive. Even Carmella’s match surprised me

GRR has to be the worst by far and the outcomes were horrendous, and the worst part the crowd absolutely sucked .. and they want to go back..WTF, Vince do yourself a favor.. don’t televise another PPV in Arabia :lecture

Smackdown is moving to Fox in October of 2019. The deal is reportedly 5 years worth $200 million per year. In addition to the new deal they signed with NBC Universal WWE is now a ridiculously profitable company going forward before any tickets or merchandise is sold. Could the McMahon family actually think about selling the empire?

The predictiability on Raw is just so annoying ..they right off Rousey for a while, who is probably the only fresh idea going on because of her UFC HOF event upcoming.

Strip Seth of the IC title ( again the only good thing for Raw at the moment )

Strowman monster in the bank which is fine , but do nothing with it ...yet

And oh yeah, let’s put Reigns in the title picture again in a useless four way at ER

Did I forget to mention they didn’t say what PPV our UC Lesnar will be in next

And to top it all off, have Balor lose in a tag match to Corbin?

It is surprising to end Rollins' run so abruptly. He beat one of the guys who McMahon seems to be grooming for a top spot at MITB, and he's consistently batted away some pretty major competition over the last few months. But they do need to start pushing Ziggler and McIntyre. They seem like no-brainers to win the tag titles. But with Strowman and Lesnar in the title picture, I can't see McIntyre being a real challenge anytime soon.

Regarding MITB, I was really surprised they let Strowman win. That briefcase makes most sense on a mid-card guy who you want to give a push to, not a top guy who could easily win the championship through traditional means on any given day. I was slightly less surprised about Alexa Bliss (Charlotte was the one person in that match I was sure wouldn't win), but in both cases you have top people winning instead of mid-carders. Bliss's win made more sense when she cashed it in right away, though it isn't a sign of confidence in Nia Jax of course. But whatever.

The AJ Styles and Nakamura match had a really awesome ending, by the way. If anyone hasn't seen it, it's worth checking out. Match went on for awhile, and it seems like the crowd was starting to lose interest, but they really ramped it up at the end.

It is surprising to end Rollins' run so abruptly. He beat one of the guys who McMahon seems to be grooming for a top spot at MITB, and he's consistently batted away some pretty major competition over the last few months. But they do need to start pushing Ziggler and McIntyre. They seem like no-brainers to win the tag titles. But with Strowman and Lesnar in the title picture, I can't see McIntyre being a real challenge anytime soon.

Regarding MITB, I was really surprised they let Strowman win. That briefcase makes most sense on a mid-card guy who you want to give a push to, not a top guy who could easily win the championship through traditional means on any given day. I was slightly less surprised about Alexa Bliss (Charlotte was the one person in that match I was sure wouldn't win), but in both cases you have top people winning instead of mid-carders. Bliss's win made more sense when she cashed it in right away, though it isn't a sign of confidence in Nia Jax of course. But whatever.

I think Styles need to move on with a feud with Joe ..this could be just as good. Hopefully it starts tonight

The AJ Styles and Nakamura match had a really awesome ending, by the way. If anyone hasn't seen it, it's worth checking out. Match went on for awhile, and it seems like the crowd was starting to lose interest, but they really ramped it up at the end.

I think Styles need to move on with a feud with Joe ..this could be just as good. Hopefully it starts tonight .

As for Nakamura , I think to keep him from losing momentum, someone on the internet mentioned a Bryan vs Nakamura feud..I’d say do it, DB is one of the most current SD stars that is completely over with the fans and Nakamura is an excellent heel.

Make it happen

Back