The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only concern there is that I want them to be building Bryan up for a title run, but I also think Nakamura needs to win a feud to keep his stock up, which is also important. Same for Joe. So really, I don't want any of those guys feuding with each other right now. Too soon for Bryan vs. Miz?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My only concern there is that I want them to be building Bryan up for a title run, but I also think Nakamura needs to win a feud to keep his stock up, which is also important. Same for Joe. So really, I don't want any of those guys feuding with each other right now. Too soon for Bryan vs. Miz?

I think it’s more of Bryan being watched by Creative to see how he is holding up..we have to remember, he was really supposed to be retired due to a serious injury .

So I think they are doing the right thing by not giving him a title run not just yet.. when these wrestlers have matches. They just don’t wrestle on Raw or SD and PPVS, they wrestle shows all over which aren’t televised and touring, that’s what people need to remember, when they get injured it’s the body taking it’s toll on wrestling all the time. That said when someone gets a push for the title, Creative is expecting these wrestlers to fully commit, to perform in title matches during touring as well. It takes a rigorous schedule, even harder for title pushes. So I think Creative is taking the safe approach with DB. You give a title push and he gets injured, then that’s it.

I think they should wait at least until the end of the year to see how Bryan is holding up before they put him into the title mix.

I think that’s why Sasha, Bayley, Balor, Naomi, Becky and others have been out of the title push for awhile. The fact was when each of them got their title, what happened they got injured and not just any injury, an injury that took them out for months. Balor was gone for a year.

It messes with Creative’s plans when a champion gets injured and is out , because the scheduling gets messed up for the big PPVs as well.

You mention the Miz, I think the reason they keep him in the spotlight, is he is great on the mic, but he barely has had a serious injury . He’s only missed time because he has movie obligations, but if I ever had to look back at his career in WWE, he hardly got injured badly. Got to give him credit.

AJ is in phenomenal ( no pun intended) shape, even if he does get injured he doesn’t miss any time in the WWE. That is why SD wants him to be champion for a long time. We can already see this. As well as he is the most popular wrestler in WWE currently.

Big Van Vader has passed away. I'll always remember his monster run in early 90s WCW fondly, but I really loved him in late 90s AJPW.

I think it’s more of Bryan being watched by Creative to see how he is holding up..we have to remember, he was really supposed to be retired due to a serious injury .

So I think they are doing the right thing by not giving him a title run not just yet.. when these wrestlers have matches. They just don’t wrestle on Raw or SD and PPVS, they wrestle shows all over which aren’t televised and touring, that’s what people need to remember, when they get injured it’s the body taking it’s toll on wrestling all the time. That said when someone gets a push for the title, Creative is expecting these wrestlers to fully commit, to perform in title matches during touring as well. It takes a rigorous schedule, even harder for title pushes. So I think Creative is taking the safe approach with DB. You give a title push and he gets injured, then that’s it.

I think they should wait at least until the end of the year to see how Bryan is holding up before they put him into the title mix.

I think that’s why Sasha, Bayley, Balor, Naomi, Becky and others have been out of the title push for awhile. The fact was when each of them got their title, what happened they got injured and not just any injury, an injury that took them out for months. Balor was gone for a year.

It messes with Creative’s plans when a champion gets injured and is out , because the scheduling gets messed up for the big PPVs as well.

You mention the Miz, I think the reason they keep him in the spotlight, is he is great on the mic, but he barely has had a serious injury . He’s only missed time because he has movie obligations, but if I ever had to look back at his career in WWE, he hardly got injured badly. Got to give him credit.

AJ is in phenomenal ( no pun intended) shape, even if he does get injured he doesn’t miss any time in the WWE. That is why SD wants him to be champion for a long time. We can already see this. As well as he is the most popular wrestler in WWE currently.

Bryan's contract is up in September and reportedly, he hasn't resigned or held heavy talks with the WWE about his future. I think your reasons are valid, but considering what we've been seeing with NJPW and ROH (better matches...likely to allow Bryan more creative freedom), I think Bryan is contemplating leaving. However, he's a family man and does he want to be traveling overseas a lot? I don't know.

Bayley and Sasha are boring now. The main roster unfortunately exposed Bayley's weak mic skills (which is why Alexa Bliss has flourished - McMahon loves her look AND she can talk) and she's been trapped in this stupid frenemies skit with Sasha. I want Balor to be pushed more, they need to get him out there...maybe turn him into a heel with Gallows & Anderson and restart "The Club" OR let him get loose with "The Demon King" gimmick that can help him overcome big guys like Strouman (throw a little supernatural in there that he uses to "overcome" bigger opponents).

Miz should be pushed, his "pipe bomb" moment on 'Talking Smack' was a turning point for him and I've enjoyed him a lot. He needs to be in the title scene now and he has a great work ethic.

Reportedly, AJ is keeping the title because he's on the cover of WWE 2K19. So WWE wants to tout that as a marketing ploy and he might be Champ for a bit longer. AJ is phenomenal.

By the way - anyone excited for "ALL IN"? I think with the popularity of 'The Bullet Club'...hopefully this helps motivate NJPW and ROH to step up more to challenge the WWE. The trouble is that NJPW is extremely slow in doing this and reportedly isn't great at marketing and advertising in the US. ROH is a viable option and their new owners (Sinclair Broadcasting) are looking to get into bigger venues.

By the way - anyone excited for "ALL IN"? I think with the popularity of 'The Bullet Club'...hopefully this helps motivate NJPW and ROH to step up more to challenge the WWE. The trouble is that NJPW is extremely slow in doing this and reportedly isn't great at marketing and advertising in the US. ROH is a viable option and their new owners (Sinclair Broadcasting) are looking to get into bigger venues.

NJPW has been on fire for quite a while now. I just wish AXS would have more of their content on the channel. I also wish that they eventually offer their WWE Network, NJPW World on more platforms such as the PS4. If they did that they'd have 999 yen from me every month.

I also wish that they eventually offer their WWE Network, NJPW World on more platforms such as the PS4. If they did that they'd have 999 yen from me every month.

This is my mine gripe as well.

I understand you can use a streaming box like Roku or Chromecast to watch NJPW World on your TV, but I don't have any of those. I signed up for a month to catch WK12, but only watched that event. It was so clunky navigating their English-translated website. And I'm not going to sit at my computer for four hours to watch a wrestling event in a 720p web player.

I tried their Android app, but essentially it just opens up their website, it's super janky.

Hulk Hogan has been accepted back in the hall of fame again which (as a Hulkamaniac) I am happy about. Hopefully Mattel can release some more Hogan figures now.

I've always been a huge HH fan since the 80s but that "shine" of his has been worn down for me a lot when you learn about his personal life, then the racial slurs. Still, he does absolutely belong in the hall of fame. That's like not including Babe Ruth.

Reigns-Lesnar is your SummerSlam main event.:sleep Roman finally gets the Fruit Roll-Up title and Brooklyn will crap all over it.

Any chance it will go the way of Lesnar vs Goldberg?... spear/german suplex/spear/german suplex/rinse/repeat...

I've been watching quite a bit of WCW Saturday Night on Network lately. Through the first month of the show I made a few observations.

-WCW loved them some 2/3 falls matches.
-Ron Simmons/Doom's theme music is jazzy awesomeness.
-I had completely forgotten Greg Valentine was in WCW back in '92.-
-Jason Hervey popping up frequently in the NWA/WCW will never not be strange.
-Barry Windham should have been about 10x the star he was.

The Hart Foundation was my favorite tag team when I was a kid. I remember going nuts when they beat Demolition at SummerSlam '90. RIP Anvil.

What a weird coincidence. I was just watching some old WWE Raw episodes from 1996 this past weekend and the Hart Foundation consisting of Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Brian Pillman, and Jim Niedhart were doing a promo and I was thinking to myself, three of those four men are dead now. After having that thought I immediately second guessed myself and thought, "is Jim Neidhart dead too?". I guess he is now.

Hart Foundation are my favorite all time team. And he is tremendously underrated. This news was a blow, though for a wrestler of his time, 60+ is old age.

Are they only going to do a NXT Takeover PPV the day before a main ppv .

I wonder why they don’t change the dates for the Takeovers

Back