The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let’s face it more people in the U.S. will probably miss the live streaming of GRR..I mean c’mon Friday at noon eas/ 9am pac

Good thing it’s on the network..might have to watch it later :lecture

Bobby Roode needs to be a heel. Take Glorious away and let him do his thing.

I like Roode...he needs to be moved up to Main Event.

My main problem with the WWE is that they're now at Attitude Era levels of talent (where there's great characters and talent all around). The only trouble is that none of them are all utilized correctly (or underutilized). I think unless they start getting better writing, we might see a talent exodus again...

Decided to stream. I haven’t seen so many little kids in the front rows of a PPV in a long, long time ..they really respect their children in Arabia :lol

I like Roode...he needs to be moved up to Main Event.

My main problem with the WWE is that they're now at Attitude Era levels of talent (where there's great characters and talent all around). The only trouble is that none of them are all utilized correctly (or underutilized). I think unless they start getting better writing, we might see a talent exodus again...

You're spot on about the talent. The roster right now between Raw/Smackdown/NXT is extremely loaded. In theory the brand split should help showcase more guys, but now they've eliminated brand specific PPVs. Unfortunately this will probably lead to numerous multi-person matches just to try getting people on shows. In the end it seems that the split has already failed.

Ah I just realized why the Taker and Cena/ HHH matches were thrown in there with no build ups. There are no women’s matches in this ppv

I guess they don’t allow it in Arabia :lol

Supposedly the women are still going to be compensated. With the money WWE is getting from Saudi Arabia it’s the least they could do.

Supposedly the women are still going to be compensated. With the money WWE is getting from Saudi Arabia it’s the least they could do.

I would like to see the divas run out for a bit in their outfits and have all the saudi men with the red head wraps boo and yell at them :lol

It looks like a Arafat convention in that one front section :lol

If this was the 80s I’d be afraid these men would have machine guns :lol

Last edited:
They should have called it, "Most Boring Royal Rumble".

The actual rumble was basically Bryan, two legends in Rey and Y2J, Strowman and Jobbers and NXT rejects

It was okay but the crowd was completely dead..note to Vince, Saudi Arabia doesn’t care about the rumble format seems like

Especially the front row of those Arafat rejects in the red and white. they looked so bored and kept moving around during the whole rumble..too bad they were mostly in view between the camera and the main focus of the ring.

What a fail job :slap

The actual rumble was basically Bryan, two legends in Rey and Y2J, Strowman and Jobbers and NXT rejects

It was okay but the crowd was completely dead..note to Vince, Saudi Arabia doesn’t care about the rumble format seems like

Especially the front row of those Arafat rejects in the red and white. they looked so bored and kept moving around during the whole rumble..too bad they were mostly in view between the camera and the main focus of the ring.

What a fail job :slap

I didn’t watch the event but there have been some news sites reporting that these events are TOO long and the crowds are exhausted by the t8me they get to the last few matches hence the poor reactions.

Wasn’t this event l8e almost 5-6 hours of material? Wrestlemania was about 7 hours worth of stuff so it’s a lot for fans to be sitting through

Well, to me it was a great show, but not the greatest. As a Saudi, born and raised, and a huge WWE fan since 1991, it felt good seeing this kind of event taking place especially with so much going on in my country.

On some comments coming from guys, but this is our heritage that you're mocking. And no, we don't have machine guns so chill.
:pfft:

I read here and there about crowd are silent/dead. You can't compare the American crowd to any other crowds in the whole world. The wrestling, sports, and entertainment is a way of life in the States. Been there for almost 6 years and I know what I'm talking about. Comparing this thing to what happened yesterday is unfair. This is new to the whole culture, yes the people here are aware of everything going on around the world, especially entertainment, but we never had the chance to live it or feel it. So, yeah change is on the way step by step.

On the women matches, every promo showed on the screen last night, crowd was cheering for (Sasha Banks) and (Alexa Bliss). The idea is there, gotta wait for the right time to present it.

Now, let's go back on why the crowd didn't show any pulse. Well, you're wrong and right at the same time. You see, the back stands which was WAY WAY back from the ring, they were on fire and cheering all the time. Yes, most of the people like 90% of them, they only came to see The Undertaker, John Cena, and Roman Reigns. They even don't recognize a lot of wrestlers that I even told the guy next to me that was Dolph Ziggler not Shawn Michaels. :rotfl
Literally so many people went home after the steel cage match. Which I believe they don't give a s*** about the rumble match. Not to mention the whole card are rematches, so no big deal.

dw316 mentioned a pop moment during AJ Styles vs. Nakamura, those were soccer chants and waves. LOL

Second thing, VVIP/VIP/Gold/Ringside tickets were only for the government officials and their families, royal families, social media snappers/bloggers and so on. It was a dead area to me. It's like what (posterguy) said, see and be seen. I see them from the stands in the back they couldn't move a muscle. It was like a funeral not an event. A lot of youths spoke about the stupid organization and I have let them hear my voice too about it. Tickets must be available to everyone, especially the ones in the ringside.

Last but not least, reaction mostly was dead due to the long time of the event. from 7pm to 12:05am.

As I said, don't judge a thing by its first time. I have been watching every RAW/SD and PPVs, I have witnessed a live and dead crowd even in the States. But I can't blame them for sitting for 5 hours straight and probably with a weak and repetitive card.

Last edited:

I disagree with your assessment wholeheartedly. They exhausted their roster on this event. I don't think there was anyone else they have that they could've put in the Rumble.

I mean, ****, they even put both of the GMs in the Rumble. Owens, Roode, The New Day, Orton. there was nobody else available to put in there.

Well, to me it was a great show, but not the greatest. As a Saudi, born and raised, and a huge WWE fan since 1991, it felt good seeing this kind of event taking place especially with so much going on in my country.

On some comments coming from guys, but this is our heritage that you're mocking. And no, we don't have machine guns so chill.
:pfft:

I read here and there about crowd are silent/dead. You can't compare the American crowd to any other crowds in the whole world. The wrestling, sports, and entertainment is a way of life in the States. Been there for almost 6 years and I know what I'm talking about. Comparing this thing to what happened yesterday is unfair. This is new to the whole culture, yes the people here are aware of everything going on around the world, especially entertainment, but we never had the chance to live it or feel it. So, yeah change is on the way step by step.

On the women matches, every promo showed on the screen last night, crowd was cheering for (Sasha Banks) and (Alexa Bliss). The idea is there, gotta wait for the right time to present it.

Now, let's go back on why the crowd didn't show any pulse. Well, you're wrong and right at the same time. You see, the back stands which was WAY WAY back from the ring, they were on fire and cheering all the time. Yes, most of the people like 90% of them, they only came to see The Undertaker, John Cena, and Roman Reigns. They even don't recognize a lot of wrestlers that I even told the guy next to me that was Dolph Ziggler not Shawn Michaels. :rotfl
Literally so many people went home after the steel cage match. Which I believe they don't give a s*** about the rumble match. Not to mention the whole card are rematches, so no big deal.

dw316 mentioned a pop moment during AJ Styles vs. Nakamura, those were soccer chants and waves. LOL

Second thing, VVIP/VIP/Gold/Ringside tickets were only for the government officials and their families, royal families, social media snappers/bloggers and so on. It was a dead area to me. It's like what (posterguy) said, see and be seen. I see them from the stands in the back they couldn't move a muscle. It was like a funeral not an event. A lot of youths spoke about the stupid organization and I have let them hear my voice too about it. Tickets must be available to everyone, especially the ones in the ringside.

Last but not least, reaction mostly was dead due to the long time of the event. from 7pm to 12:05am.

As I said, don't judge a thing by its first time. I have been watching every RAW/SD and PPVs, I have witnessed a live and dead crowd even in the States. But I can't blame them for sitting for 5 hours straight and probably with a weak and repetitive card.
interesting to hear your perspective. I saw on the news earlier today that some kind of apology went out for their showing the women in risque outfits promoting backlash. I also saw that Sami Zayn wasn't included out of fear of offending people in the culture since he has Syrian Heritage. What were your thoughts on the Iranian wrestlers? To me, that seems a little bit iffy too. Because I'm not sure how many in that culture would take a caricature of wrestlers from a rival country in the region. In some places, politics is really serious business.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

interesting to hear your perspective. I saw on the news earlier today that some kind of apology went out for their showing the women in risque outfits promoting backlash. I also saw that Sami Zayn wasn't included out of fear of offending people in the culture since he has Syrian Heritage. What were your thoughts on the Iranian wrestlers? To me, that seems a little bit iffy too. Because I'm not sure how many in that culture would take a caricature of wrestlers from a rival country in the region. In some places, politics is really serious business.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

As the arena held about over 40,000 audience, I don't think it was 60,000. Maybe it's a manipulation that the WWE always loves to do. It was sold-out yes, but I don't think it was a huge number like 60,000, otherwise it's a soccer match.

You see, it's still tough here around strict religion people/police to easily show these footage and not "apologize" for it. A lot of the crowd in the stadium chanted these women in the (Co-Branded PPV) promo, mostly Sasha Banks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv41a4O40uQ

The apology was and wasn't necessary, but they'll apologize anyways before someone talks about it. :lol

On Sami Zayn, I don't know anything about his Syrian heritage. As a rumor was going around about Paul Heyman is not gonna show up next to Brock Lesnar, because he's Jewish and Saudi authorities will never allow it. Yet, I have seen so many Jews here, especially in a city like Jeddah. Brock's music hits, and there is Paul Heyman.

The Iranian wrestlers segment, I guess it was funny to me. Maybe some people didn't like that at all, but who cares this is entertainment and some hidden statements of political issues gotta be there somewhere like the WWE always do with Sgt. Slaughter and The Iron Sheikh.

WWE has never cared much about being accurate with attendance numbers. When Bruce Prichard talks about it, he says that guys like Gorilla Monsoon would just make up numbers. But he himself counts staff as "those in attendance." Dave Meltzer would report on some official numbers that Prichard discounts. So who knows? Apparently the Saudi show was a "sold show," meaning that the government paid for all the tickets (this is what has happened in the past on Kuwaiti tours and the like), and WWE may have just reported on that, irrespective of how many people actually showed up, or paid the government for their specific seats.

I didn't think about Heyman being Jewish. I guess since he doesn't wear it on his sleeve it's not a big deal. Zayn used to have Arabic writing and a Syrian flag on his pants.

Actually, most of the tickets bought by some random people to make margin out of it in the black market. The VIP ticket was for 300 SR (about $80 USD).
On a market website here in Saudi, I saw a thread for a guy bought about 25 VIP tickets and sell them for 1500 SR ($400 USD) each!
Not to mention the other seller who wants 3500 SR ($930 USD) for only one VIP ticket!!!! :horror
That's why so many seats were empty in the ringside area for this kind of ******ed up situation and BS.

Sadly, the VVIP tickets, the actual ringside ones, were only for government people and stupid clowns of social media that don't know ANYTHING about wrestling. Another event is happening this year in Saudi Arabia, in Riyadh city, this November. Riyadh is well-known for the major city and capitol of SA, which has soooooo many important people and government officials. Guess what, I'm not gonna try to attend 'cause of the organizing and ticketing situations that occurred in the GRR. I guess it's a common thing no one can change it if they still organize it this way.

On Sami's situation, we have so many Syrian people here in Saudi, especially in Jeddah, like SO MANY. I guess the conflict on him being a Bashar Al-Asad supporter, not just being a Syrian person. Or something else I'm not aware of. It's weird tho.

Back