The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many places don't stream in HD and I've never seen a 60" HD computer monitor. Plus if the internet goes out you're screwed.

Um what?

You hook up a pc to your home theater... hell netflix and itunes movies and tv are all streaming tech. The former being available on just about every electronic device. All bundled on Apple TV....

Lol at the 60" monitor reference... welcome to 2013.

Um what?

You hook up a pc to your home theater... hell netflix and itunes movies and tv are all streaming tech. The former being available on just about every electronic device. All bundled on Apple TV....

This is correct, poor Deckard. :rotfl

The only people I know who stream are ones that have never bought DVDs to begin with. They always rented and now they stream too. They also rarely go to the theater either.

I think this whole...blu-rays are dying out BS is coming from Netflix and other streamers.

I will always buy blu-rays as long as they make them, same with CDs too.

Call it BS all you want. I used to buy tons of discs... now I only buy a very select few. CDs have become a very small market now.

Blu ray is quite possibly the last disc based media.

When I took my daughter to see Turbo yesterday, there was a little kid in front of us and his family were going to see Turbo, this kid was probably 4 at most and he looked up and saw that ink blot Wolverine poster and said,"Mommy I want to see Wolverine!"

They really have turned him from just being a comic fan favorite to an all around household name.

Heres hoping that turns into success for this movie.

I have a desktop in my room and our theatre is in our basement. That isn't remotely convenient for us. Hey let me run up 2 flights of steps and back down to change the episode. Also Netflix does not actually stream true 1080. I use all that **** on my PC but I have always preferred true blurays as the quality is always better.

Too many places don't stream in HD and I've never seen a 60" HD computer monitor. Plus if the internet goes out you're screwed.

Netflix is OK. I honestly would've never watched Breaking Bad if not for streaming. I don't like watching anything on the computer, I much prefer my TV.

I have a desktop in my room and our theatre is in our basement. That isn't remotely convenient for us. Hey let me run up 2 flights of steps and back down to change the episode. Also Netflix does not actually stream true 1080.

Google appleTV... welcome to 2013... lol.

Some **** on netflix is very much HD... take that amazing exclusive to netflix show: House of Cards. It streams and looks amazing. You won't find that show on blu ray.

Google appleTV... welcome to 2013... lol.

Some **** on netflix is very much HD... take that amazing exclusive to netflix show: House of Cards. It streams and looks amazing. You won't find that show on blu ray.

I might check that out, I do very little streaming, but I am addicted to HD, can't even stand watching non HD channels anymore, its amazing how quick you can get addicted to quality picture. I once thought that HD channels were the Emperors new Clothes for people who are dumb enough to buy into anything, but now... :lol

You can actually, you can buy House of Cards right now at Best Buy.

But there are a ton of various ways to watch Netflix. I have a Roku, a 360, my HD TV comes with Netflix already installed, I have a Blu Ray player that also does Netflix, and a Wii.

You can have two Netflix accounts going at once (maybe 3, I forgot if they changed it or not). It's beyond convenient now.

Nope, you put anything on Netflix on a true HD screen that's 60" and it becomes blurry, I have plenty of friends here in Philly with that **** and it's not HD. Just finished s.4 of Arrested Development so believe me I know.

I might check that out, I do very little streaming, but I am addicted to HD, can't even stand watching non HD channels anymore, its amazing how quick you can get addicted to quality picture. I once thought that HD channels were the Emperors new Clothes for people who are dumb enough to buy into anything, but now... :lol

Dude I am the same way and I am telling you there is plenty of great looking **** on netflix. With appletv I also get itunes for movies and teleseries. I can stream that **** 1080p and it looks marvelous. I dont get dts hd ma but that will come eventually.

Nope, you put anything on Netflix on a true HD screen that's 60" and it becomes blurry, I have plenty of friends here in Philly with that **** and it's not HD. Just finished s.4 of Arrested Development so believe me I know.

Your friend needs to go to netflix.com and set it to stream at a higher resolution. Granted not everything is available at 1080p... it will eventually.

I have a 72" tv....

Netflix now offers Super HD streaming on many devices, including:
•Sony PlayStation 3
•Apple TV with 1080p
•Roku with 1080p*
•Nintendo Wii U
•Windows 8 App
•TiVo Premiere DVR
•Blu-Ray Players, Smart TV's, Home Theaters, and Streaming Players with existing Netflix 1080p support*
•More devices coming soon!

Doesn't sound like that Apple device you're talking about would work unless I also had an Apple tv. And even then just google netflix HD and look how many people are complaining most of the shows still don't work in HD.

I think he was talking about an Apple TV.

But you could always get a cheap Blu Ray player with Netflix built in, or a Roku. You may or may not get HD. But it beats torrents for watching full seasons of TV shows.

Um what?

Netflix now offers Super HD streaming on many devices, including:

Apple TV with 1080p

Doesn't sound like that Apple device you're talking about would work unless I also had an Apple tv. And even then just google netflix HD and look how many people are complaining most of the shows still don't work in HD.

Doesn't sound like that device (Apple TV) would work without an Apple TV?

:lol :lol :lol

Spend $100 on AppleTV and Stream HD...

right after you buy an Apple TV for $800 and replace your entire home theatre and continue to pay for the streaming services like netflix seperately

It's that easy. :lol

I'm eavesdropping on the conversation here (so I may be missing something), but all you need for an Apple TV (box device) is a television (no Apple specific monitors are required.) Apple TV (box) and Apple TV (a soon-to-be-released television) are two separate things. The former is just like a Roku, but caters more to Apple users. It'll streams 1080 and all that jazz.

Again, I may be missing something, but just trying to give some input.

Back