The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished Blood and Wine.
Bittersweat to know there is no more Witcher 3 content....
As a DLC its easily worth the price of the 'season pass' on its own. I'd happily pay $30-40 for stand alone adventures of Geralt like this where he gets taken to a new land with a self contained story.

Just finishing the main story for DLC and its hitting all the right 'feels' moments for me.......just awesome. I really hope we get a Witcher 4 some day. And just about done with the first full length novel. Gonna read the next two, and think the 6th book (including the two short story collections) gets translated into English this year.

Just finished Blood and Wine....Witcher 3 all around has been one of my favorite games. Bummed that there won't be anything else going forward.

Just started this last night, so far it's pretty good, got to the point where I killed the Griffin and now I'm doing smaller tasks to build up my level. My only complaint so far is the controls, they feel clunky, going up a flight of twisting stairs is a chore. Combat is ok, it also feels kind of clunky but I think I just need to get used to it. Everything else is spot on though, feels like red dead redemption in a fantasy world right now.

God I envy you, you have quite the world to explore ahead of you! Easily the greatest game I have ever played, I dragged it out as long as I could but eventually there was nothing to do. Best $60 I ever spent!

Finished Blood & Wine yesterday. What can I say? I started reading the books almost 15 years ago (we got them in Spain quite early compared with the english translation) and as a PC player I've been playing the games on release since the first one...so it has been a long and emotional ride.

I think that the decision to make this last expansion more lighthearted -well, compared with the usual Witcher stuff :p- and therefore closer to the original short stories was the right one in order to say goodbye to the character. And about the game as a whole: there's nothing quite like it, from it world building, the consistency of its themes, the depth and humanity of the characters, the art design... I could go on forever.

So I would simply say that yes, the Witcher 3 is up there with the best games ever released, and after completing it going to another videogame -specially another RPG- will unfortunately feel like a downgrade on all fronts.

Yesterday was my second day playing this game, got the hang of the combat and using my signs and magic. It's not as fluid as I'm used too but it's still fun, the open world is starting to draw me in, just wrapped up my known secondary quests in the opening area. Killed the spirit at the well, helped a few people out, and I actually let go of the guy who ambushed the medic in the swamp, first tough choice of the game. Also found all six points of power, that's a nice touch to help newer players out to level up faster. Looking forward to moving on to find Yennifer now.

I got sucked completely into the Witcher world and loved every minute of it. This game to me is the best game of the year, hands down. The main game, Heart of Stone, and Blood and Wine were all excellent and I'm actually sad there's no more DLCs for it. In a few more months, I'll just start a new game+ and replay the whole game including the DLCs.

I almost started a new game immediately but then I thought it over and felt I would enjoy it more if I let it sit awhile. Back to Fallout 4 for now.

I got sucked completely into the Witcher world and loved every minute of it. This game to me is the best game of the year, hands down. The main game, Heart of Stone, and Blood and Wine were all excellent and I'm actually sad there's no more DLCs for it. In a few more months, I'll just start a new game+ and replay the whole game including the DLCs.

Blood and Wine is Game of the Year on its own !

Geralts house needs windows so ****ing bad.
Yeah, I was frustrated by that also. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree with all the comments above praising the game, though. Probably the best game I've ever played (other favourites are Deus Ex series and Dishonored) and sank 500 hrs into it since release. On the end of this run there was literally nothing I hadn't explored or found, aside from not getting a few potions to the maximum potency. Definitely done with Witcher now but can see booting up a Game+ in a year or two. And definitely can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077.

Where do I go to get access to all the free DLC stuff they put out? There was three sets of armor, a new cross bow, and the haircut stuff. I just got to Valen but I thought that stuff would just be in my menu screen, do I need to pick it up somewhere?

Where do I go to get access to all the free DLC stuff they put out? There was three sets of armor, a new cross bow, and the haircut stuff. I just got to Valen but I thought that stuff would just be in my menu screen, do I need to pick it up somewhere?

Yes, the Temerian armor you get from the merchant you save from the griffon at the beginning of the game. The Nifgardian armors from the quartermaster merchant in Velen.

Yeah, I was frustrated by that also. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree with all the comments above praising the game, though. Probably the best game I've ever played (other favourites are Deus Ex series and Dishonored) and sank 500 hrs into it since release. On the end of this run there was literally nothing I hadn't explored or found, aside from not getting a few potions to the maximum potency. Definitely done with Witcher now but can see booting up a Game+ in a year or two. And definitely can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077.

Yeah, I've gotten in the habit of pulling out my torch every time I set foot in my house. Total pain in the ass as I'd love to see the armors and weapons on display. Plus the bedroom is so damn dark that the torch is the only way you can see the trophies. I need to make all my alchemy stuff to max as I think once I'm done blood and wine, I'm gonna take a Crack at death March.

On a positive note though, I'm so glad they fixed the gwent stuff. All I was missing was this ******* merchant who was in a cage and he glitched and never showed up after I saved him. But I decided to check where he was captured and lo and behold, he was there. Sliced through the bandits like butter and got my last 3 gwent cards.

If cyberpunk is anything like Witcher, I'll be hooked like Crack.

Collecting all the gwent cards is the only quest I didn't finish. I played everyone I met and won the all the tournaments, and bought all the cards I can. Not sure which card I'm missing. I should go back and finally finish that last quest.

Collecting all the gwent cards is the only quest I didn't finish. I played everyone I met and won the all the tournaments, and bought all the cards I can. Not sure which card I'm missing. I should go back and finally finish that last quest.

Did you get the dandelion card?

It's within one of triss' side quests and is missable, it's the only one I missed on my first play through.

If the side mission hasn't gone into the 'failed' category, then you'll have missed a card from the merchant, tavern owner or blacksmith etc

I tried doing some side quests in Velen before carrying on with the main story, tried my hand at the Wild at Heart quest, Werewolf was too powerful, just continued the main story. Playing as Ciri was neat, feels a little different with her considering her powers are different from Geralts. There's quite a bit of talking and cut scenes, I might need to move this to being a weekend game considering I only have about an hour a day through the week to play this right now.

Back