The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could anyone who sees the 1/6 Rorschach in a Toys R Us store let me know their sku number or item number? I am hoping to call around with those numbers to see if anyone has it in stock.

If no one does it by this afternoon I'll post it. My TRU wouldn't sell it to me until today but held one for me to get after work.

According to Previews it is NOT coming out this week.

Yeah, it was pushed back a week or two (the Diamond one). Which is weird, because they had it, the Comedian Guns/Tags set and the 1:6 Rorschach in a silent auction I was at in NYC last week. I won the 1:6 Rorschach for $40. :p (Not a bad JEH sculpt underneath the mask, but the hair could be a lot more red).

Okay, this is the only number on my receipt - 761941277554.
Walked out of TRU into a rainy Times Square while an old lady told a large man she was going to, "knock your #UcXiN@ head off!"
Pretty appropriate. :)

A few quickies.....

ror6.jpg

ror2.jpg

ror3.jpg

ror4.jpg

ror1.jpg

ror5.jpg

If you are calling TRU the internal number they use to identify is 212566. Be aware that they told me that they didn't have it but after I asked them to check other TRUs it came up in the "Stop Sell" Bay and the original employee was too lazy to go get it.

Picked mine up today at TRU this afternoon for $79.99 less 10% because the manager felt bad, since I was there last Saturday and they were not able to sell it to me then. That was really nice of the manager! :woo

Well, I stopped by my local TRU today and found nothing. One of the managers there said they got one case of WM figures that they put out on March 1 (!) and they were gone that day. Nothing since and not expecting anything until next week at the earliest. He did comment a lot of folks were asking about them though...which prompted me to ask if they were expecting a good sized shipment of them...his response was the standard "We don't have any control over what they send us, blah, blah, blah"....

So I guess if I want any of these, it's off to an out-of-town comic shop or go online to get 'em....

woot! picked up mine today on the way home! my favortie of the 3 watchmen figures and one of dc direct' better 13'' figures imo. 3 sets of hands...yeah! fist, bendy, and gripping. also has the hairspray (by veidt), grappler gun, and zippo. body feels very compact and tight. clothes and mask need to be futzed with a bit but i am very pleased with this figure. if you pick him up at the tru price i think he is totally worth it.

HURM!

I got mine from TRU as well. It looks much better than the Manhattan fig. The mask took a while to make it look right but I am very happy with it.

My "bendy" hands are not actually bendy. Anybody else notice that? They're kind of rubbery but they don't hold any poses.

My Prisoner Rorschach is on the way from TRU and my 13" and unmasked variant Rorschachs are on the way from CSC/AT so I should have a complete set soon.

I got the last two busts on Monday so I have all 6 of them now.

That leaves the "Tales of the Black Freighter" DVD, the vinyl score and soundtrack and the 7" vinyl box set and I'm done with "Watchmen" stuff for the immediate future.

I have the Kubricks and the Bearbricks on order from Urbancollector.com but they're estimating an August arrival which is a bummer.

That means it's up to Hot Toys to take my money.

My "bendy" hands are not actually bendy. Anybody else notice that? They're kind of rubbery but they don't hold any poses.

yah mine aren't bendy either...just more of 'i'm gonna judo-chop you right in the face' hands.

I envy you guys who have the spare cash to get both the DCD ones first to play with and the HT ones later.

I'm tight on budget and could only wait for the HT ones. Anything from HT facebook yet?

I'm actually hoping the HT figures don't come for a while or this may be my only Rorschach. I've also had to limit my spending. I'm very happy with this figure and if I can't swing the HT prices I'm not gonna sweat it.

Even if they PO'd the HT Watchmen tomorrow the earliest they'd be here is August.....HT isn't known for quick turnarounds on their stuff.

Back