The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the film when he rips off his mask to tell Manhattan to "Do it!" his face is clean, no bruises, no blood nothing. The TRU version is best looked at as the "arrest" version when they rip off his mask for the first time...

They were still there when I saw it in Imax. His beard stubble was also longer.

Hmmmm....I'll have to watch it again. Either way that is the closest you get to it.

Huh....not getting a pic on that page I think its my browser.....either way I'm just now getting to futz with mine, I really like it and I suggest going here:

https://suityourself.com/tie_a_ascot.asp

It makes a serious difference once displayed....

Great link, I just gave it my best guess last night.:confused:

I don't think this figure will benefit much from a body swap. I'm getting great poses out of the DCD body. Certainly holds them better than the old SS Buick.

Roor010.jpg
NICE.

Thanks Andy! Love your signature! I was fortunate enough to see Amadeus on Broadway in NYC years ago, it was one of the best shows I've seen.

Very cool... It's one of my favorite movies, I would love to have seen it on stage!

Very cool... It's one of my favorite movies, I would love to have seen it on stage!

I saw IT in 1997 I think, David Suchet, from POIROT, played Salieri. He was absolutely amazing. I actually had front row seats, thanks to a connection through an old ex-girfriend. Like I said, great movie, great play.

They were still there when I saw it in Imax. His beard stubble was also longer.

Yeah, I seem to remember some remnants from the arrest plus he looked overall dishevelled in that scene.

The figure is not altogether inaccurate because you see the character's face pre-arrest in the movie, you just never see him like that in the full Rorschach outfit. It's what Rorschach would have looked like had his mask been removed at any time pre-arrest, it's just that that never occurs.

Ideally it would have been one figure with 2 or 3 interchangeable heads but it's easier to milk three figures out of it. I can't help but think that DC Direct sorta stole this figure's thunder (and the thunder of the LCBS's selling it) by releasing the Prisoner one to TRU.

But again, they've managed to get me to buy 3 figures and if the comic book stores really want to they can go clean out TRU of their exclusives, mark them up and then sell both unmasked Rorschach figures to suckers like me.

Its too bad the shoulders on the trenchcoat are so wide. It would be OK otherwise. Yeah the pants are too long, but that is an easy fix. Easier than if too short. The trench would be harder to fit right without serious alterations.

I finally found the TRU Prisoner Rorscach today. They had at least 20 of him. No other Watchmen stuff on the shelf though. So I don't think he will be that hard to come by once your ToysRUs stocks him.

You can see more of the likeness after a repaint. Not bad, I actually thought they did a good job with the casting of Rorshach.

The likeness is really good on the 7" figure too.

The prisoner sign is removeable, but they stuck it between his head and the collar of his coat, trapping it in there. With a little careful posistioning and moving, you can get it free. I just don't see him walking with that around his neck. I'm glad it is included, but it isn't needed for the display. If he had new, standing legs it would have been fine. The sign looks kinda cool at his feet though. I have the regular standing with my custom Comedian's button at his feet so it is a nice balance.

Back