The Uruk-Hai Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my exclusive a couple of days ago... had almost canceled this about five times in the past. I am so glad I didn't! Very impressive piece with lots of details! And as an added bonus, I got #3 to boot! Lowest number I've ever received on a Sideshow piece!

i second that!:naughty:naughty:naughty

hey, so where's the picture of this lsb with the berzerker pf? anyone?

here's a quick shot....

poop001.jpg

Last edited:
here's a quick shot....

poop001.jpg

nice! they do look good displayed together! i just have to put the lsb (when it arrives) on top of something to elevate it a bit. thanks for the image mr. thrifty! great (and expensive!) collection you got there!:banana:banana:banana

I have the SSW version too and I can't say that's a word I'd use to describe it.....:google

:lol I'm always a bit out of the norm but I do prefer the weta due to the heftiness because the small chin on the lsb makes it look like the helmet is too big.

:lol I'm always a bit out of the norm but I do prefer the weta due to the heftiness because the small chin on the lsb makes it look like the helmet is too big.

3717.jpg
9456_press05-001-1.jpg

True, it does look a bit big, no doubt because of the style of the helm itself. I actually like the fact SS went with a different helm design. The SSW helm looks terrific , but the Uruk Hai had so many different types of helms and I would have been disappointed had SS gone with the exact same style.

I have the SSW version too and I can't say that's a word I'd use to describe it.....:google

Is this the uruk swordsman weta bust? It's one of my favourite busts, i really like it. I wish people would stop trashing Weta just because Sideshow's stuff is bigger. Although i suppose people would be biased on a mainly Sideshow forum. Weta's stuff is really nice, greatly detailed, and it can't be bad if it's done by the people who created the things for the films, why can't people respect them instead of taking cheap shots all the time? Sideshow's stuff is nice too but i look at the quality of such Weta pieces i own as the Stone trolls, ringwraith etc and then look at the dioramas...there's not the same level of detail there in some of them. The Fell Beast vs Gwaihir dio is absolutely stunning and in my opinion blows the weta one out of the water, but that doesn't make the Weta one bad, it's just a different representation. Yes maybe the Morgul Lord is too small but so is Gandalf on the balrog diorama. I'm thinking of maybe selling that one and the treachery dio so the funds can go towards Smaug and Eowyn vs Fell Beast as they are truly stunning pieces. Again with the treachery diorama the Gandalf and Saruman statues are not as good as their Weta counterparts, and the KOTD dio doesn't look as good or any better than the Weta one. i really thought i'd get sucked into the diorama line but there's only been 4 so far i really, really like - crack of Doom, Sam and Frodo, Helms Deep and Fell Beast.
Wow, i only meant to say i liked the Weta uruk swordsman bust and look where it led!

Is this the uruk swordsman weta bust? It's one of my favourite busts, i really like it. I wish people would stop trashing Weta just because Sideshow's stuff is bigger. Although i suppose people would be biased on a mainly Sideshow forum. Weta's stuff is really nice, greatly detailed, and it can't be bad if it's done by the people who created the things for the films, why can't people respect them instead of taking cheap shots all the time? Sideshow's stuff is nice too but i look at the quality of such Weta pieces i own as the Stone trolls, ringwraith etc and then look at the dioramas...there's not the same level of detail there in some of them. The Fell Beast vs Gwaihir dio is absolutely stunning and in my opinion blows the weta one out of the water, but that doesn't make the Weta one bad, it's just a different representation. Yes maybe the Morgul Lord is too small but so is Gandalf on the balrog diorama. I'm thinking of maybe selling that one and the treachery dio so the funds can go towards Smaug and Eowyn vs Fell Beast as they are truly stunning pieces. Again with the treachery diorama the Gandalf and Saruman statues are not as good as their Weta counterparts, and the KOTD dio doesn't look as good or any better than the Weta one. i really thought i'd get sucked into the diorama line but there's only been 4 so far i really, really like - crack of Doom, Sam and Frodo, Helms Deep and Fell Beast.
Wow, i only meant to say i liked the Weta uruk swordsman bust and look where it led!

Did you actually read Ringer's prior post where he used the word charisma to describe the SSW version? :confused: All I said [in direct response to his post] was that is not a word I would use to describe it. Now if you find the SSW uruk "charismatic", great, but it's not a word I would use. I don't recall ever saying anything negative about the SSW bust and if I didn't like it, I would think it rather foolish for me to own one....

Well in that case it just SOUNDED like you were having a go, that was all. The way you said it sounded sarcastic. :peace

Well I have been having some fun with the guys who prefer the SSW version, but certainly not [at least I don't think so] in a mean-spirited way. I actually own all of the SSW Uruk Hai busts, and they are amongst my very favourites. I do prefer SS's LSB's to the SSW busts [ to me bigger is better :naughty] but that certainly isn't a negative towards the SSW line. :D

Well I have been having some fun with the guys who prefer the SSW version, but certainly not [at least I don't think so] in a mean-spirited way. I actually own all of the SSW Uruk Hai busts, and they are amongst my very favourites. I do prefer SS's LSB's to the SSW busts [ to me bigger is better :naughty] but that certainly isn't a negative towards the SSW line. :D

^^^^ disturber! :lecture :lol

Back